Lamentation of Lolth - OoC X

kirinke

First Post
Hah! Welcome back Verb. Or shall I call you Ayden now? :)
Could someone look over my character please? I know I've probly made a few mistakes here or there. I think I've done ok on the feat choices.

Last edited:

Mimic

First Post
Does Broddy still have a certain book with him?

Also can this be a total change (feats and what not) or just add on from the level we were at?

Also how much exp. do we have to play with, considering that Broddy does have Craft Wondrous Item, or should I just purchase items and just assume that he made them?

Last edited:

Ayden

First Post
kirinke said:
Hah! Welcome back Verb. Or shall I call you Ayden now? :)
Could someone look over my character please? I know I've probly made a few mistakes here or there. I think I've done ok on the feat choices.

Either is fine and I will take a look later tonight when I am off shift. Just make sure you mark where you took the feats (lvl wise) and that as you get your gear cater it to the role you see her in now, healing boosters, wands, etc.

kirinke

First Post
Well. Considering that she only has access to fourth level spells right now a booster/buffer is probably her primary role. She's also a pretty good front line fighter as well and you'll see her hacking and slashing more as a result (those boost/buffs will make her pretty deadly in a fight.)

Ayden

First Post
kirinke said:
Well. Considering that she only has access to fourth level spells right now a booster/buffer is probably her primary role. She's also a pretty good front line fighter as well and you'll see her hacking and slashing more as a result (those boost/buffs will make her pretty deadly in a fight.)

Two quick things I noticed right off the bat:

Cloak of Charisma and giving the stat a bump to make Con an 11.

You would be better giving the stat to either your Dex to increase your init to a +4 bonus or your Wisdom for spell reaching ability.

The cloak of Charisma could be converted into a Belt of Endurance and later double enchanted to be endurance and Strength by the rules in the Magic Item Compendium.

I also think that if you are trying to make her more of a front liner, she is going to be ripped to shreds with the light armor she wears and lack of shield, again I might have missed it.

Leave the front lining to Cal, who will get the most of those buffs, and focus on keeping the others alive and taking shots where you can. With your Dex score you are a better archer than fighter and it fits the theme of your deity better also.

kirinke

First Post
Alrighty. Will make those changes.

Oh, and chainmail is medium armor, not light armor. It's the fact that it's elvish mithril that makes it the equivalent of light armour in terms of mobility, weight and encumbrance. I think.

Last edited:

Mimic

First Post
I agree with Ayden, she isn't really built for front line, low hit points, low ac will make for a dead Teleri very quick, plus with only a +4 concentration check she will not be able to casts spells in the middle of melee combat.

I would recomend (and as such is only advice, please disregard at any time) is drop PA, cleave and greater cleave as well as two weapon fighting and go for Dodge, Mobility and spring attack. This way she can move in and attack select targets and get out again (with a sheild and mobility giving her a higher chance of surviving) and still be able to cast spells if needed and with travel as one of her domain spells, Expeditious Retreat becomes her new best friend.

With the remaining feat she could take a metamagic feat that can be used with DMM at a later point (although DMM does have a nasty cheesy smell to it.)

kirinke

First Post
So basically as far as combat goes, her particular abilities are geared more towards the dexterity/quick strike attacks, if I'm not mistaken...

I've added a +1 darkwood light shield with the blinding ability thrown in. That will be useful since we are dealing with light sensitive underdark types.

DDM? What does that mean?

I was looking at the meta magic feats and I'm not real impressed with them, though I could be reading them wrong. Anyway. As far as her remaining feat is concerned, maybe Endurance? That would off-set her low consitution score some, barring that, her next best bet would probably be Combat Reflexes or combat expertise.

Heh. Teleri has access to Longstrider, not expedious retreat. ;)

Last edited:

Ayden

First Post
The Belt would raise her Con to 12, giving her +1 bonus h.p. per level when wearing it, making her h.p. 85 instead of 75, it would also boost up her fort save +1 for the bonus con.

Endurance is a nice flavor feat, especially for dwarves, but for her I think it is a feat to be left for now.

You may also want to list the pricings out to make sure you didn't go over the limit on the gps that we have been given as I think blinding is a +2 enhancement price wise, don't have the book with me, so that would make that shield the equiv of a +3 and that is a pretty penny.

I am leaving work now, so I will give it a better look later.

And on the armor, I meant light as in the bonus provided not the type. Chain doesn't protect like plate sort of thing...

Remove ads