Lamentation of Lolth - OoC X

Mimic

First Post
kirinke said:
DDM? What does that mean?

Divine Metamagic feat
When you take this feat, choose a metamagic feat you already have. This feat applies only to that metamagic feat. As a free action, you can take the energy from turning or rebuking undead and use it to apply a metamagic feat to divine spells that you know.

It takes 1 turn attempt + 1 per level increase of which ever metamagic feat you have (ex. enlarge would take 2 turn attemps, empower 3 turn attempts ect.) This can be a powerful feat depending on how many turn attempts you have per day and is considered by some to be broken. So get Majin ok first

Ayden

First Post
Mimic said:
Divine Metamagic feat

This can be a powerful feat depending on how many turn attempts you have per day and is considered by some to be broken. So get Majin ok first

I agree that with a favored soul this could get real ugly real fast, Teleri's Cha is dead average meaning she just gets the "standard" turn attempts. It might make one-two spells a little tougher, but she wouldn't be able to dish out empowered spells one after the other.

I do agree get Majin's approval first though...

kirinke

First Post
I think I'm gonna pass on meta-magic feats for now. Since Endurance doesn't look like it's right for Teleri. What about Combat Reflexes or Combat Expertise? Both look like they'd fit with the style of fighting she will favor.

Ayden

First Post
kirinke said:
I think I'm gonna pass on meta-magic feats for now. Since Endurance doesn't look like it's right for Teleri. What about Combat Reflexes or Combat Expertise? Both look like they'd fit with the style of fighting she will favor.

They might fit the style, but her Int will keep her from fitting one of them. I think the min for Com Expertise is Int 13. The Reflex will just let her get extra AoO if I recall, and since she isn't front lining it, it might not be the best choice either. (Again..just an opinion)

Ayden

First Post
kirinke said:
Hah! Welcome back Verb. Or shall I call you Ayden now? :)
Could someone look over my character please? I know I've probly made a few mistakes here or there. I think I've done ok on the feat choices.

Just remember you asked for this:

SKILLS
+4 Diplomancy (4 pts Clr)
+4 Intimidate (4 pts Ftr)
+4 Concentration +5 (4 base + 1 belt of endurance) (4 pts Clr)
+2 Knowledge religion (2 pts Clr)
+2 Knowledge planes (2 pts Clr)
+4 Heal (1 pt Clr)
+6 Spot (6 pts cc with both Cleric and Fighter)
+6 Listen (6 pts cc with both Cleric and Fighter )
+4 Ride (1 pt Ftr)
+4 Survival (1 pt Clr)
+3 Speak Language (3 pts Cleric)

Cleric 1st, 4-8: 22 skill pts available
Fighter 2 & 3: 4 skill pts available

Total: 26 skill pts available

Total you spent: 5 Ftr skill points 29 priest skill points

When I looked at the skill points, I gave the bare amount needed from you to reach the final +x with any ability mod.

The GoT gave you an equiv of 15 for Int, so lets say you started knowing Common (free), Elvish (free), Chondathan (free). Factor in GoT which gives you Celestial and Infernal. If you still pay the 6 pts for three languages, far too high in my opinion with your limited pool of pts, then that would give you three of the following five you have listed, Dwarven. Halfling. Gnome. Drow. Undercommon. but not all of them as you have on your sheet. If the sword gives you a language, Dwarven, that still leaves one extra you have to pull from your vocab.

Spot and Listen are 12 skill pts total (6 lvls worth of advancement), again a hefty price to pay since it means you will have to pull from other skills to pay for them.

Drop a lvl in Intimidate and you are good with the Ftr class skills.

I may be wrong, so if someone else wants to double check this also, I won't take offense.

Edit: It would be easier to simply have a perm tongues cast on you, or Comprehend Language at the least. You may not be able to speak, but you can read and understand it spoke around you.

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
Just answer me this, why is there such a focus on charisma in the splat book feats? If you read them, most of the feats that deal with the divine seem to be geared more towards paladins than clerics. Grrr. :] :p

Anyways. I guess I'll go with Power Attack then.
The gift of tongues was Teleri's regional feat so:
Benefit: Your intelligence is 4 points higher for the purpose of determining how many bonus languages you may start with. You are not limited to the bonus languages of your region. Speak language is always a class skill for you. You gain a +1 bonus on all Decipher script and sense motive checks.

Last edited:

Ayden

First Post
kirinke said:
Just answer me this, why is there such a focus on charisma in the splat book feats? If you read them, most of the feats that deal with the divine seem to be geared more towards paladins than clerics. Grrr. :] :p

Anyways. I guess I'll go with Power Attack then.

Everyone thinks Pallys are the wink link as far as their abilities go, so they have been given a nod with feats. By pure spell selection a properly buffed priest in plate armor and shield don't need much help in many areas.

kirinke

First Post
Languages
Common. Chondalthan. Elvish (Free)
Celestial. Infernal. (Bonus Languages)
Dwarven. Gnome. Undercommon. (Each language only counts as 1 skill point due to the GoT feat)

Still, you're right, I do need to knock out 2 languages.

Last edited:

Ayden

First Post
kirinke said:
Languages
Common. Chondalthan. Elvish (Free)
Celestial. Infernal. (Bonus Languages)
Dwarven. Gnome. Undercommon. (Each language only counts as 1 skill point due to the GoT feat)

Still, you're right, I do need to knock out 2 languages.

Went back to the total above and subtracted three pts from what you spent, so the new total is up.

That is what I get for looking at things before going back and bouncing off the feats..:)

Remove ads