Leif's All-Eladrin DweomerFall Saga [4E, IC01]

Scotley

Hero
Quarion calls upon his magic and the power of shadow to settle and invisible shroud over the snake. It reveals weaknesses to the Eladrin's keen vision.

He smiles and uses yet more shadow magic. A hazy duplicate of himself materializes behind Sicuriju. He steps forward to flank with the duplicate and swings his sword. The duplicate matches the move. Both blades sink into the reptilian flesh (6 damage from duplicate).

OOC: Quarion to Y11 and Duplicate appears at AA9 to flank.

[sblock=Actions]
Assassin's Shroud Free Action
Y11 Move Action
Twilight Assassin Standard Action
Twilight Assassin Attack Minor Action
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini stat block]

AC 24, Fort 20, Ref 22, Will 19
Str. 10, Con 16, Dex 21, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 13
HP 54 Bloodied 27, Surge 14x9
Init. 13, Speed 6, Passive Insight 14, Passive Perception 19
[/sblock]

[sblock=Assassin's Shroud]Assassin Feature Assassin's Shroud
You cause invisible shrouds to settle on your foe. At your command, the shrouds reveal the target’s weak points to your keen gaze.

At-Will Shadow
Free Action Close burst 10

Target: One enemy you can see in the burst

Effect: You subject the target to your shroud. If any of your shrouds are already on the target, you subject it to an additional shroud, up to a maximum of four. The shrouds last until you use this power against a different enemy or until the end of the encounter.
Before you make an attack roll against the target, you choose to invoke either all your shrouds on it or none of them. If you invoke your shrouds, the attack deals 1d6 damage per shroud, minus one shroud if the attack misses, and all your shrouds then vanish from the target. This damage roll never benefits from bonuses to damage rolls, and is in addition to the attack’s damage, if any.
Level 11: 1d6 + 3 damage per shroud.
Level 21: 1d6 + 6 damage per shroud.

Special: You can use this power only on your turn and only once per turn.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Twilight Assassin]
Your shadow leaps from you to attack your enemies, and the two of you fight as one.

Daily Conjuration, Implement, Shadow
Standard Action Ranged 5

Primary Target: One creature

Primary Attack: Dexterity vs. Reflex

Hit: 2d8 + Dexterity modifier damage.

Effect: You conjure a shadowy duplicate of yourself in an unoccupied square adjacent to the primary target. The duplicate occupies its space, and it lasts until the end of the encounter. Whenever you use a move action, you can also move the duplicate 5 squares. You can flank enemies with the duplicate, but your allies cannot. Until the duplicate vanishes, it can use the Twilight Assassin Attack power.

Twilight Assassin Attack
At-Will Conjuration, Implement, Shadow
Minor Action Melee 1

Target: One creature

Attack: Dexterity vs. Reflex

Hit: 3 damage, or 6 damage if the secondary target is your assassin’s shroud target.

Requirement: The power Twilight Assassin must be active in order to use this power.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Sicuriju (Shimmering Boa) battle

[sblock=Scotley, OOC]
Man, I couldn't find Assassin's Shroud or Twilight Assassin anywhere in Heroes of Shadow, so I guess they must only be on the character builder. I don't have a problem with that, but please when you use powers from CB, add an SBlock to your post that gives me the dope on the power, ok? And, also, is there some rule about damage from the double being shadow damage and therefore only half real? I took it all off as real damage for now.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

EDITED
OOC: Galindan is up (next post), then Sulannus, then next round starts.

Initiative Order:
27 Sicuriju
25 Quarion
20 Rinivan
20 Harnithael (still stunned)
16 Galindan (dazed, second save already made, returns to normal status this round in next post)
10 Sulannus -(stunned, dc10 save at +5 to become dazed)

OOC: Out-Of-Character Comment for medevac: you need to go to the Meta forum by clicking on this link- META Forum and look for something there that vaguely resembles the tutorial you seek. Or something. Have a nice day, and good luck to you.

[sblock=Sicuriju status] 192 -7(Rinivan) -11 (Quarion) = 174 -29(Quarion) = 145 hp -20 (Galindan in #76 above) = 125 hp
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Galin

Galin retries the maneuver, this time much more successful. The cuts bites deep into the snake and (by using some shadow magic himself) it's shadow, causing it to loose it's balance.

[sblock=OOC]

move: to Y10 (adjacent to the enemy)
standard: Melee Basic Attack (MBA) vs AC (hits AC 35 for 20 damage)
No Action: Shadow sever on snake on a hit (4 necrotic damage and the snake is "prone")
(should work unless a creature has a specific immunity vs being prone; in this cas use dazzling Sunray)

Immediate Action: Use Shield, if it would prevent a hit.
Opportunity Action: MBA vs enemy if hit by enemy during bladesong

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Galin
Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
AC 25 Fortitude 19 Reflex 22 Will 21
Initiative: +10
Hit Points: 66 / 66 Bloodied: 33
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 16 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Dazzling Sunray, Shadow Sever, Unseen Hand, Magic Missle, Save Banishment
Encounter Powers: Bladesong, Shield
Daily Powers: Grasping Shadows, Fire Shroud

Condition: +2 all defenses (bladesong)
[/sblock][/sblock]

OOC: assassin's shroud is from the dragon article that introduces the assassin class.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Scotley, OOC]
Man, I couldn't find Assassin's Shroud or Twilight Assassin anywhere in Heroes of Shadow, so I guess they must only be on the character builder. I don't have a problem with that, but please when you use powers from CB, add an SBlock to your post that gives me the dope on the power, ok? And, also, is there some rule about damage from the double being shadow damage and therefore only half real? I took it all off as real damage for now.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Leif]I did actually try to do that, but I guess in the interests of protecting their intellectual property or just bad coding, they have made it so I can't copy text as such off the character sheet. I hasn't always been this way. So I've resigned myself to making a new sheet by hand I can copy off of. All the powers are on my character sheet in the RG. I'll see if I can get some from the compendium and post them momentarily. If not it may take me a couple of days. I'll at least re post the sheet here if you like.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Sulannus suddenly snaps out of her trance and realizes where she is, and what's going on.

"Damn snake!" she rants, drawing her weapon!

(A save comes at the end of one's turn, so she can't take action until next tern)

Leif

Adventurer

Sulannus suddenly snaps out of her trance and realizes where she is, and what's going on.

"Damn snake!" she rants, drawing her weapon!

(A save comes at the end of one's turn, so she can't take action until next tern)
OOC, [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]: I see that you are, indeed, correct. (Big shock, eh?) But, in this case, Sulannus will not even get to act next round can take a DAZED action this round because that's the way I have run this combat up to this point, even if it isn't strictly correct. She'll get to save vs. the DAZED condition next round. STUNNED (save ends) becomes DAZED (save ends) -- Dazed allows certain actions to be taken, but not every/as many actions as a character would normally do. Now, since this is what it is, I'll let her act normally on the same round that she makes her save vs. the Dazed condition. (You might want to slightly edit your post #79...just sayin'....)

[I'll resolve actions and let the Sicuriju take its turn soon, never fear.]

Last edited:

Remove ads