Pathfinder 1E Leif's Questing Knights - L10 Pfdr Rpg [OOC 01] [Full]

Leif

Adventurer
Flaw for DeWar....

DeWar posted:
DeWar said:
also, what do you think of a flaw: when encountering undead, due to his past, will save vs dc 15 + 2x hd of highest cr creature in group of undead? [fail = Shaken: Characters who are shaken take a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.]

I think I can get this: http://shop.d20pfsrd.com/products/players-options-flaws
You want to accept this flaw in exchange for one Feat. Before I can rule on your request, I need to know:
1. How long does the shaken condition last that you are proposing as part of this flaw. Does this condition last until the end of the encounter? And,
2. Can your PC attempt the Will save every round until he makes it, does he only get one shot at it, or somewhere in between?

Leif

Adventurer
Kaodi

You would not be out of line to ask the other party members to contribute a fair share to the puchase of the Wand of Cure XX Wounds, since everyone will reap the benefits of the item.

That may help to make your character a little bit less of a 'heal bot' since you probably have lots of other plans for him.

Kaodi

Hero
That may help to make your character a little bit less of a 'heal bot' since you probably have lots of other plans for him.

Oh, no. Not really, hahaha. "Healbot" actually kind of explains his background, hehehe. I mean, he is a ranged combatant too, because that is part of the schtick of inquisitors, but that is probably about the extent of the characters combat description: healing and shooting. There will probably be plenty of opportunity to define his "other plans" in terms of the actual roleplaying or how the story develops. Hraln is likely to be a "voice of the now" . Like, "Yes, I know we want to head towards X, but person Y right in front of us really needs or deserves our help doing Z."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
DeWar posted:

You want to accept this flaw in exchange for one Feat. Before I can rule on your request, I need to know:
1. How long does the shaken condition last that you are proposing as part of this flaw. Does this condition last until the end of the encounter? And,
2. Can your PC attempt the Will save every round until he makes it, does he only get one shot at it, or somewhere in between?

I saw this on one of the flaws:

Will save with a DC equal to 10 + the CR of the
encounter or become shaken for the duration. When faced
with fear effects from spells, magic items or creatures, the
character is -2 to Will saves.

so, I would like to suggest the following:
undead
dc 15 + cr of encounter or be shaken - one chance for the encounter
duration of the encounter
-2 to will saves from spells, spell like abilities & magic item effects of that encounter

The info i have shown is for any encounter, so the higher dc of 15 instead of 10 for the specic type [undead] is what I suggest

I think that answers your questions.

Leif

Adventurer
No, I like what you said before that a failure on the Will save gives your PC the 'shaken' conition: -2 to all attack rolls, all saving throws, all skill checks, and all ability checks.

Still, I think it's a pretty cheap feat if you only have a chance to be shaken when fighting undead, especially since you should know by now how much I hate undead. And I figure you'll do everything possible to boost your Will save, too. Still gonna have to give this more thought, but it does seem like you'd be getting an extra feat pretty cheaply, which is not all that serious, I guess, considering my tendency to pass out bonus feats.

Leif

Adventurer
Dibs on the next bonus feat you pass out!
Sorry, Scotley, Good Friends of the GM are ineligible to receive such boons because of the appearance of impropriety. Hey, wait a minute! I count almost everyone in this game as a good friend of mine! (Except those I just met for the first time in this game.)

Leif

Adventurer
Hmmm... *BLING!* An Idea!

If I just went ahead and gave everybody a bonus feat at, say 6th Level, would that solve your situation, DeWar, and make your 'flaw' unnecessary?

Last edited:

Remove ads