• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Leif's Questing Knights - L10 Pfdr Rpg [OOC 01] [Full]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Not really too keen on the idea of a PC with a cohort. Doesn't seem fair to the others, unless everyone can have a cohort, and that would bog-down the game considerably.

May I give an opinion? If so, then :
as a player I do not mind. It is no different then say a familiar or animal companion, I guess, or a summoner's eidalon.
[ placed in spoiler mode in case I am not allowed to write my voiced opinion.]

Leif

Adventurer
DeWar's spoilerized opinion has been taken into account. I am initially hesitant to acquiesce simply because I don't want the players running the show here, or even thinking that they might. However, I will allow a cohort after all, but he/she will be under DM control unless stated otherwise.

Leif

Adventurer
Can you cast magic stone and throw the stones in the same round?
No -- The casting time for the spell is listed as One Standard Action, so after casting the spell, a PC can only still make one Move and one Minor (and one or more Free) actions. An attack requires another Standard Action and so cannot be done until the following round, at least.

UNLESS, your PC has the Quicken Spell feat for Magic Stone, or something similar.

Similarly, I would tend to rule that, ordinarily, only one stone can be thrown at a time with the normal chance to hit. I'm thinking that each additional stone thrown would have a cumulative -4 modifier to the attack, so stone number two is at -4 and stone number three is at -8. That is before the offset of the stones' enhancement bonus of +1 and any other modifiers for Dex, etc.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

What if the caster thrower was hasted, would there be a chance to at least get one stone thrown or slung?

Leif

Adventurer
My limited understanding of the Haste spell is that it cannot alter the time required for magical castings. However, once a round was spent casting the Magic Stone spell, you could throw the stony missiles at double the normal rate.

I'm not 100% sure that this is a correct interpretation, but it sounds close enough and I don't feel like dragging out the rules to find a definitive answer right now.

Scott DeWar

. . . . . and I don't feel like dragging out the rules to find a definitive answer right now.

well, here is the description:
You transmute as many as three pebbles, which can be no larger than sling bullets, so that they strike with great force when thrown or slung. If hurled, they have a range increment of 20 feet. If slung, treat them as sling bullets (range increment 50 feet). The spell gives them a +1 enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls. The user of the stones makes a normal ranged attack. Each stone that hits deals 1d6+1 points of damage (including the spell's enhancement bonus), or 2d6+2 points against undead.

duration is 30 minutes, so it might be worth just casting it and hold them for the next fight.

Leif

Adventurer
Tailspinner -- Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. sure, Paladin sounds cool. How do you feel about captivity? Temporary, of course. I need a plot device to get you with the party, since they're In Dungeon Res, or something like that.

G

Guest 11456

Tailspinner -- Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. sure, Paladin sounds cool. How do you feel about captivity? Temporary, of course. I need a plot device to get you with the party, since they're In Dungeon Res, or something like that.

Temporary captivity works for a plot device.

[sblock=Breatta Wolfswift]
[sblock=Game Info]Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Level: 10
Alignment: Lawful Good
Languages: Common
Deity: Heironeous[/sblock]
[sblock=Abilities]STR: 11 (+0) [1 PB]
DEX: 16 (+3) [5 PB, +2 Racial]
CON: 16 (+3) [7 PB, +1 8th]
INT: 10 (+0) [0 PB]
WIS: 10 (+0) [0 PB]
CHA: 22 (+6) [7 PB, +2 Racial, +1 4th, +4 Headband of Alluring Charisma][/sblock]
[sblock=Combat]HP: 114 = [10+9d10=74] + 30 (CON) + 10 (Ranger)
AC: 33 = 10 + 12 (Armor) + 6 (Shield & Shield Focus) + 1 (Amulet) + 3 (DEX) + 1 (Dodge)
Smite AC: 39 = 10 + 12 (Armor) + 6 (Shield & Shield Focus) + 1 (Amulet) + 3 (DEX) + 1 (Dodge) + 6 (Smite)
AC Touch: 14 = 10 + 3 (DEX) + 1 (Dodge)
AC Flatfooted: 29 = 10 + 12 (Armor) + 6 (Shield & Shield Focus) + 1 (Amulet)
INIT: +3 = +3 (DEX)
BAB: +10/+5
CMB: +10 = + 0 (STR) + 10 (BAB)
CMD: 23 = 10 + 0 (STR) + 3 (DEX) + 10 (BAB)
Fort: +16 = +7 (Paladin) + 3 (CON) + 6 (Divine Grace)
Reflex: +12 = +3 (Paladin) + 3 (DEX) + 6 (Divine Grace)
Will: +13 = +7 (Paladin) + 0 (WIS) + 6 (Divine Grace)
Speed: 20' (Medium Armor & Medium Load)[/sblock]
[sblock=Weapon Stats]+2 Longsword: +13/+8 = +10/+5 (BAB) + 0 (STR) + 2 (Magic) + 1 (Focus); DMG = 1d8+5; CRIT 17-20/x2
+2 Longsword (Smite): +19/+14; DMG = 1d8+15 (1d8+25 special evil); CRIT 17-20/x2[/sblock]
[sblock=Racial Traits]Dual Talent: +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma[/sblock]
[sblock=Class Features]Aura of Good – 10th level
Detect Evil – at will as the spell; as a move action, can concentrate on a single item or individual within 60 feet and determine if it is evil, learning the strength of its aura as if having studied it for 3 rounds
Smite Evil 4/day - choose one target within sight to smite, as a swift action, if target is evil, +6 to attack rolls and +10 to all damage rolls made against the target; if target is an outsider with the evil subtype, an evil-aligned dragon, or an undead creature, the bonus to damage on the first successful attack increases to +20; regardless of the target, attacks automatically bypass any DR the creature might possess; while in effect, gains a deflection bonus equal to +6 to AC against attacks made by the target; if target is not evil, the smite is wasted with no effect
Divine Grace +6 – bonus to all saves
Lay on Hands 13/day for 6d6 or 5d6+mercies - can heal wounds (self or others) by touch; using this ability is a standard action or swift action for self; also can use this to deal damage to undead creatures but requires a successful melee touch attack and doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity and no saving throw against the damage of 5d6
Aura of Courage - immune to fear (magical or otherwise); all allies within 10 feet gain a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against fear effects; functions only while conscious, not if unconscious or dead
Divine Health - immune to all diseases, including supernatural and magical diseases, including mummy rot
Mercy: Sickened, Diseased (CL 10th), Poisoned (CL 10th) - adds effects to lay on hands; whenever lay on hands is used to heal damage to one target, the target also receives the additional effects from all of the mercies possessed; can remove a condition caused by a disease, or poison without curing the affliction; such conditions return after 1 hour unless the mercy actually removes the affliction that causes the condition
Channel Positive Energy - can channel positive energy like a cleric consuming two uses of her lay on hands ability; channel positive energy to deal damage to undead creatures or to heal living creatures as a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity; a burst that affects all creatures of one type (either undead or living) in a 30-foot radius centered on the paladin for 5d6; creatures that take damage from channeled energy receive a Will save to halve the damage DC 21; the paladin can choose whether or not to include herself in this effect and must be able to present her holy symbol to use the ability
Spells – 4/3/1
Divine Bond: Celestial Spirit 2/day for +2 for 10 min/use - enhance weapon as a standard action by calling upon the aid of a celestial spirit; weapon sheds light as a torch; can use to add any of axiomatic, defending, disruption, flaming, flaming burst, holy, keen, merciful
Aura of Resolve - immune to charm spells and spell-like abilities; all allies within 10 feet of her gain a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against charm effects; functions only while conscious, not if unconscious or dead[/sblock]
[sblock=Feats]Shield Focus (level 1) - Increase the AC bonus granted by any shield you are using by 1.
Dodge (level 3) - You gain a +1 dodge bonus to your AC. A condition that makes you lose your Dex bonus to AC also makes you lose the benefits of this feat.
Weapon Focus: Longsword (level 5) - You gain a +1 bonus on all attack rolls you make using the selected weapon.
Greater Mercy (Bonus level 6) - When you use your lay on hands ability and the target of that ability does not have any conditions your mercies can remove, it instead heals an additional +1d6 points of damage.
Extra Lay on Hands (level 7) - You can use your lay on hands ability two additional times per day.
Improved Critical: Longsword (level 9) - When using the weapon you selected, your threat range is doubled.[/sblock]
[sblock=Traits]Armor Expert - You have worn armor as long as you can remember, either as part of your training to become a knight's squire or simply because you were seeking to emulate a hero. Your childhood armor wasn't the real thing as far as protection, but it did encumber you as much as real armor would have, and you've grown used to moving in such suits with relative grace. When you wear armor of any sort, reduce that suit's armor check penalty by 1, to a minimum check penalty of 0.
Sacred Touch - You were exposed to a potent source of positive energy as a child, perhaps by being born under the right cosmic sign, or maybe because one of your parents was a gifted healer. As a standard action, you may automatically stabilize a dying creature merely by touching it.[/sblock]
[sblock=Skills]
Code:
Skill Points: 20 = [Base (2) + INT (0)/Level]

Skills           Total   Rank   CS Ability ACP
Acrobatics          1     0           3    -2
Appraise            0     0           0
Bluff               6     0           6
Climb              -2     0           0    -2
Craft               0     0           0
Diplomacy          19    10     3     6
Disguise            6     0           6
Escape Artist       1     0           3    -2
Fly                 1     0           3    -2
Heal                0     0           0
Intimidate          6     0           6
Perception          0     0           0
Perform             6     0           6
Ride               14    10     3     3    -2
Sense Motive        0     0           0
Stealth             1     0           3    -2
Survival            0     0           0
Swim               -2     0           0    -2
[/sblock]
[sblock=Spellcasting]1st: Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Divine Favor, Lesser Restore
2nd: Delay Poison, Remove Paralysis, Shield Other
3rd: Cure Moderate Wounds[/sblock]
[sblock=Equipment]
Code:
Equipment                            Cost    Weight
+3 Mithral Full Plate              19,500gp   25#
+3 Heavy Mithral Shield            10,020gp    7.5#
+2 Longsword                        8,315gp    4#
Amulet of Natural Armor +1          2,000gp    1#
Ring of Sustenance                  2,500gp    0#
Headband of Alluring Charisma +4   16,000gp    1#
Handy Haversack                     2,000gp    5#
-Wand of Cure Light Wounds            750gp    0#
-Wand of Cure Light Wounds            750gp    0#
-Ioun Torch                            75gp    0#
-Skeleton Key                          85gp    0#
-Iron Holy Symbol                       5gp    1#

Total                              62,000gp   43.5# (Medium)

Carrying Capacity: Light 38#; Medium 76#; Heavy 115#
[/sblock]
[sblock=Details]Size: Medium
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 163#
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Green
Skin Color: Fair[/sblock][/sblock]

Background to follow.

Remove ads