• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Leif's Questing Knights - L10 Pfdr Rpg [OOC 01] [Full]

Leif

Adventurer
Yes the +3 is indeed from formal training in the skill.
Usually, the notation for the +3 is "Class Skill" or "CS", not "Misc." Just sayin'.... ;)

And it's not just from formal training, you can have formal training in a non-class skill (it just costs more in skill points), the Class Skill bonus represents a degree of natural aptitude that a PC has because of his other training and attributes. But a PC only gets the Class Skill bonus for skills in which he actually has at least one rank bought with skill points, and that are on the Class Skill list for one of the classes in which he has levels. Of course there are exceptions to the general rules of skills.

There are more intricacies, for instance: In the case of a multi-class character, ordinarily the +3 bonus is available to skills on any CS list applicable to the PC. But what about a wizard who multi-classes to fighter -- after gaining a new level as a fighter, can the PC choose a brand new skill from the wizard CS list and still get the +3 bonus? Does it matter whether the PC is simply adding to a skill in which he received training as a wizard?

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
No issues here I just wanted to prove where I got it from is all. I wasn't trying to be a know-it-all. I get just list them as CS if need be if you'd like.

Rathan

First Post
I'm going to have to change my mind and bow out as real life here as picked up considerably since I first gained interest in the game. Perhaps another time or another game in the future.

G

Guest 11456

I'm going to have to change my mind and bow out as real life here as picked up considerably since I first gained interest in the game. Perhaps another time or another game in the future.

If you are still in need of a cleric I can play one. But more likely you are already at critical mass and nine was going to make things too much.

Leif

Adventurer
I don't have a problem with you joining, Tailspinner, and I'm sorry that you wish to withdraw, Rathan. Honestly, one or two more or one or two less probably won't make much difference. This really hasn't come up yet because so far everyone is posting promptly and helping move things along nicely, but should we get bogged down at some point, I'll most likely arbitrarily advance the game and rule that any PCs who missed out were spinning on their thumbs or something. Like I said, I don't look for that to happen, because frankly, I'm probably the most likely source of any "bogged-downness" that we experience.

TS -- you can play a cleric if you wish, of course, but don't feel obligated in any way. Play what you want.

Leif

Adventurer
Not really too keen on the idea of a PC with a cohort. Doesn't seem fair to the others, unless everyone can have a cohort, and that would bog-down the game considerably.

Remove ads