• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Leif's Questing Knights - L10 Pfdr Rpg [OOC 01] [Full]

Leif

Adventurer
I figured that you would, DeWar. That message was for any lurkers out there who might accidentally see it and think it was a good idea to try.

Leif

Adventurer
I've never been too clear on that myself, Yttermayn. It really stinks to wait around for the right initiative count, especially when it arrives while you're at work or otherwise unable to promptly respond. You can go ahead and post a (tentative) action, and if things change enough by the time your turn comes around to significantly muck things up for you, I'll cast the 8th level DM spell, Fix :):):):)-Up, and try to smooth it out again.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
After playing and GMing with several different PbP initiative systems, here's the one I've settled on for games I run:

I make all of the initiative rolls (saves a day/week/whatever of waiting for everyone in a party of six to roll/post). I average the rolls for each side. If anyone on the 'losing' side got a roll higher than everyone on the winning side, they go first in a sort of pre-initiative round. Regular initiative then starts, everyone on the winning side going and then everyone on the losing side. Actions are resolved in the order they're posted, eliminating almost all ret-conning.

This system rewards folks who take those feats and traits that improve initiative or have classes that do so both by raising the average of their team (thus helping the entire team as well) as well as by making it more likely that they'll get a roll better than everyone on the other team.

Leif

Adventurer
That sounds workable, Mowgs! Shall we try it that way?

(Of course, we'll leave the current combat alone and start using it next time.)

Remove ads