Pathfinder 1E Leif's Questing Knights - L10 Pfdr Rpg [OOC 01] [Full]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Not sure. He seems to have drifted off the face of the En World. I am sure he will return, I just do not know when.

Leif

Adventurer
I sent him an email outside of ENWorld, too. Have heard nothing yet.

But see later post above....

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Heard from Helfdan!

Hey!!! Got an email from Helfdan tonight. In it, he says:

"And let me apologize for my absense. RL stole me completely in December, I vanished from all PbPs. I hope to write a public apology soon. *hangs head*"

So he's coming back!

Scotley

Hero
I have a question for [MENTION=11732]Helfdan[/MENTION]: My wife has just been diagnosed with Stage 1 Renal Cell Carcinoma. The doc wants to do some kind of cryo procedure to freeze the tumor, and, he says, kill it. What do you know about the effectiveness of this procedure for this cancer? She plans to get a second opinion. Any advice?

Give her my best. I have a bridge partner with this type of cancer and he's doing very well even though he's seen it spread a bit. Best I can tell from my reading as long as it does spread to the lymph system survival rate is very high. Removal is the treatment of choice and chemo and radiation are not recommended. My friend had to do chemo as his spread. Per my friend this type of cancer is normally seen in much older folks. He's younger than me and considered an unusual case. Please note that my comments are all based on hearsay and the notoriously unreliable internet, so please chat with a doc or two.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I will be praying for her. I think that is the best I can do for her and you and her daughters.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Give her my best. I have a bridge partner with this type of cancer and he's doing very well even though he's seen it spread a bit. Best I can tell from my reading as long as it does spread to the lymph system survival rate is very high. Removal is the treatment of choice and chemo and radiation are not recommended. My friend had to do chemo as his spread. Per my friend this type of cancer is normally seen in much older folks. He's younger than me and considered an unusual case. Please note that my comments are all based on hearsay and the notoriously unreliable internet, so please chat with a doc or two.
Thanks, Scotley!

I will be praying for her. I think that is the best I can do for her and you and her daughters.

She's still trying to get a 2nd opinion set-up with the Clopton Clinic here in Jonesboro. They're supposed to be cancer hot-shots, I gather. The doc who made the diagnosis id a urologist.

Last edited:

Remove ads