Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy, Reprise [Pfdr] [IC 04]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
twice I have typed something and twice it disappeared. lets just do this:

3d4+3=15 magic missile against the one other worldly creature still seen. I saw something about one disappeared.

Leif

Adventurer
GM: DeWar -- the OOC message is not helpful to determine which foe your spell targets. Please let's get on with the game now?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION], I had a post. Really. I know I did it once I got the answer in the ooc thread!

Magic missile to the big ugly with the wriggling beard.

Leif

Adventurer
The Vault of Larein Karr

Tylara begins her summoning spell to call up a lantern archon, Capizzio quickly casts magic missile at the demon with the twitching beard, and Kerlan takes advantage of the close proximity of all three foes to catch them all within the area of effect of his web spell.

OOC: Capizzio's spell is subject to spell resistance, possibly, and while Kerlan's spell is not directly targeted at an opponent with spell resistance, there is the chance that those with spell resistance can ignore the debilitating effects of the magical webs. This will be adjudicated next post.

Leif

Adventurer
The Vault of Larin Karr

Capizzio's magic missiles streak towards the Bearded Devil, but fade to a shower of sparks as they near their target, and wholly vanish as they make contact with it.

The save DC for Kerlan's web, I'm showing to be Ref 18. The Babau Demon saved with a 19, the Bearded Devil saved with a 21, but the Drow Wizard, Larin Karr, only managed a 14 (natural one), so he is held fast for the moment.

As Tylara casts her summoning spell, a smallish globe of pale, pinkish light about a foot across begins to form near her, and will fully form as the round ends.

The Babau Demon gives a casual gesture toward the webs holding the Drow Wizard, and the webs flicker quickly several times and then vanish. The Bearded Devil charges Capizzio with its wicked looking glaive, scoring a 21 and a 14 on two attacks, so one hit for 20 hp of damage. The wound from the Devil's glaive will also cause 2 hp/round of bleed damage in future rounds unless the bleeding is stanched. Larin Karr, newly freed from his prison of webs by his demonic ally, activates his wand of lightning bolts and sends a jagged bolt searing through the still dungeon air at Kerlan and Tylara, (save DC 16, take 28 or 14 hp damage).

Scotley

Hero
Tylara manages to sidestep the worst of the lightning bolt, but still finds the attack sorely wounding. In a rare act of selflessness she directs a cure spell at Capizzio rather than herself to both bolster him and stop the bleeding wound.

The lantern Archon arrives blasting divine light at the two extra-planer foes, its Aura of Menace palpable in the air.

OOC: [sblock]Reflex save (1d20+6=18) Cure Light Wounds (1d8+1=9) Ranged Touch Light attack (1d20+3=16, 1d20+3=5) damage (1d6=5)

Aura of Menace (Su)

Any hostile creature within a 20-foot radius of an archon must succeed on a Will save (DC 13) to resist its effects. The save DC is Charisma-based, and includes a +2 racial bonus. Those who fail take a –2 penalty on attacks, AC, and saves for 24 hours or until they successfully hit the archon that generated the aura. A creature that has resisted or broken the effect cannot be affected again by the same archon's aura for 24 hours.
[/sblock]

Remove ads