• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Life In Vein

FaenFriend

First Post
Agracahn, Male Litorian, Unfettered 3

From his sitting position, Agracahn flings himself forward in a roll, beginning to run the moment his feet find the ground.

His intent is to grab Barlareen and carry her away from the fire. If necessary, he will use his whip to trip her or pull her back from the flames. If he is too late to keep her from the fire, he will flee by the quickest route.

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Eryic Darumen male human Wind Witch 3

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
*In the temple district the Wind Temple isn't too hard to find. Made of finely-carved woods, along with many live trees, windchimes and suncatches adorn nearly every surface, allowing even the smallest of breezes an additional voice. Asking for Quelsa, you're directed to a small secluded grove of birch. Here is kneeling a woman with long white hair, dressed in a flowing white gown. Her back is to you, and she sing softly into the wind.*

Eryic watches her quietly, respecting her silence and reverence. After a few moments, he begins to catch on to her tune. Ever so softly at first, his voice escapes his lips. The sound of his song eventually rises, matching hers in melody and reverence. Slowly, barely realizing what he is doing, he kneels down beside her, lost in listening to the voices of the spirits.

After this interlude, no matter how long it takes, he turns to her and introduces himself. "Greetings," he says quietly, "Forgive my intrusion. I was simply caught up in your reverence. My name is Eryic. If you are High Priestess Quelsa, I was wondering if perhaps you would hear me out. I have been having strange dreams lately..."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Agracahn, you're a bit too far away to throw your body in front of the dancer's, but you use your whip to good effect, catching her ankle and tripping her. With her prone, you're able to grab her and get her away from the flames before she can do something terrible.*

*The courtyard is a shambles, with bits of fire and people running everywhere. Someone had the presense of mind to grab a bucket and is beginning to fight the fires. Barlareen moan slightly as you get her away from the flames, keening in the litorian tongue.*
litorian "
Flame's favor, no more, no more, flame's favor deserts me, earth will not embrace me, the wind seeks to kill me, water cannot quench the heat of my mind,
" litorian

*Eyris, Quelsa doesn't seem to mind your joining in her song, and after a few minutes, as her song ends she turns to you and listens to your words.*

"Dreams? Yes indeed, all of us windborn have been having dreams of the storms. I seek the wisdom of the spirits... and they speak of old anger and new hate in the east. It seems the winds of fate have moved you here to be the first to hear my words. Fortuitous this is. What say you?"

FaenFriend

First Post
Agracahn, Male Litorian, Unfettered 3

Agracahn carries Barlareen to a safe distance before gently resting her on a nearby bench.

In litorian, he asks, "
My lady? Are you well?
"

Turning to someone running by with a bucket he shouts, "Some water here, quick!"

He will offer the water to Barlareen if she is awake and willing to drink. Otherwise, he will dip his hankerchief in it and use it to soothe her brow.

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Eryic Darumen Human Wind Witch 3

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
*Eyric, Quelsa doesn't seem to mind your joining in her song, and after a few minutes, as her song ends she turns to you and listens to your words.*

"Dreams? Yes indeed, all of us windborn have been having dreams of the storms. I seek the wisdom of the spirits... and they speak of old anger and new hate in the east. It seems the winds of fate have moved you here to be the first to hear my words. Fortuitous this is. What say you?"

He gives a slight bow of his head. "I would gladly hear your words, my lady," he replies, "These dreams trouble me greatly."

He sits cross-legged before her, awaiting her word.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Agracahn, Barlareen drinks gratefully of the water as others battle the fires in the courtyard. Luckily they did not spread too far, and it seems the others have them well in hand. After a moment Barlareen seems to have recovered enough to speak.*

In litorian, "
I am not well, clansman. Often the fire has haunted my dreams of late, fire and wind, seducing me to join it... When I saw the flames I could not resist them, even though I knew it would hurt me. I do not know what's happening to me!
" she wails, starting a keening cry and clinging to you.

*Eryic, Quelsa wastes no time in pleasentries.*

"The winds of east are blowing no good, they mean to bring harm to us. There is anger there, in the eastern mountains where the winds start. You must go there and take five companions. Six is the number of winds, the number of anger. Magic and blade, young and old, human and not, you must bring balance in your quest, for this wind and anger seeks to throw us off-balance."

Dougal DeKree

First Post
"Well, then i won't waste more of your seemingly precious time - i will look for Naima instantly. Is there anything else i can do for you?"

If there is, Arkas will hear the stewards issue out and affirm he has understood with but a nod.

After leaving, Arkas immediately goes towards the Alabaster Fang to meditate for some time. The way he moves with determination he almost seems changed, since before he had a task time was not the matter.
But now there is somethhing to do, some mystery to solve. But to improve my chances to solve this mystery I must change the focus of my magics Arkas thinks to himself while speeding towards his place.

*As soon as Arkas reaches his room at the Inn he will start to meditate upon his selection of spells, focusing on everything that might help him gaining Information, setting his selection to: Canny Effort, Contact, Detect Creature, Door Warning, Read Magic, Sense Thoughts and Detect Secret Doors, Precise Vision, Object Loresight, Open Lock. [I am unsure if the count of spells is correct, i don't have my books here at work, sorry]*

After this is done Arkas will leave the Inn and follow the Giant's directions towards Naima to begin with his task.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Naima lives in a small, but richly appointed house in the sculptor’s quarter. The gate to the courtyard is closed and the whole house has an air of disuse about it. The gate seems to be closed and locked, and your knockings and callings don't bring anyone else out. Looking about to make sure you're not seen by any passerby, you use magic to open the lock.*

*Inside the garden is somewhat overrun, some of the plants dead, weeds growing in the flowerbed, and the fishpond fouled with dead leaves. Heading to the door, you realize that it's open. Calling out for Naima as you poke your head inside all you hear is a faint moaning.*

*Tracing it to a large room at the back of the house you push open the door to a rather horrific sight. A wind is blowing in through the eastern-facing windows, blowing over a ten-foot high sculpture of some fanged and clawed humanoid, its clawed hands seemingly closed around some small silk sack. As you watch the sack thrashes and a small foot appears out of a rip. Startled, you realize that the statue is holding a spryte cocoon, and slowly, inexorably crushing it before the occupant can get out.*

Dougal DeKree

First Post
That’ll teach me to leave home without having prepared any offensive magic! Arkas disapproves with his selection of magics, which he thought so wise just some minutes ago.
But i have to do something here right now! Fighting that thing – no. Maybe i can...

*Arkas immediately rushes towards the cocoon with the intent to help the spryte enlarge that rip wide enough so it can escape. To do this he uses something sharp to cut the cocoon open – if this seems too slow to save the spryte, Arkas will use a vial of acid to open the cocoon fast enough.*

Last edited:

Remove ads