• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Life In Vein

FaenFriend

First Post
Agracahns gently lifts Barlareen again, speaking in Litorian:
"
My lady, you seem unwell. Where can I take you so that you can rest and calm your mind? The fire and excitement here are too much for anyone's nerves
."

He wipes a bit of soot from her brow with a dainty gesture.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Arkas, you dash up a ladder, grabbing a shard of crystal to enlarge the rip on the cocoon, then you help yank the spryte out. She has the dazed look you've seen before on the face of the newly-made sprytes. She's remarkably pretty, with golden hair and diaphanous clothes in a pale pink.*

*As you pulled her out the wind abruptly stopped and the statue stopped moving. The spryte looks around for a moment, then looks at you finally.*

"What have you done?" she whispers, her dark eyes not quite focused.

*Agracahn, Barlareen nods at you and lets you guide her into her home. She subtlely guides you to her room, where she sits abruptly on her bed, the strength seeming to go out of her.*

"
I'm so frightened... but less so now that I know someone is willing to protect me. Please, what is you name clansman?
" she says in litorian, patting the bed next to her. When you sit down she curls around you, a gesture like litorian mothers do to their cubs.

Dougal DeKree

First Post
"This Statue was moving, slowly crushing your cocoon - so i helped you get out" Arkas responds quietly. "My name is Arkas..." *Arkas bows slightly and looks at the spryte expectantly*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Matzerath, while you and Urgo are talking, Soen and Pai seem to be in some kind of heated discussion. Finally Soen gives a sigh and shrug, and flies over to the both of you.*

"Excuse me, Pai and I had a question for you. You seem to know something about this disturbance and Pai says you're know what you're doing. So, we had a proposition. Do you want to go with us to the Elder Mountains and figure out what's going on? We can't promise any treasure... but the hunting is plentiful. If you're interested, we still have to wait for our things to be finished, so we could leave in a day if we have to. Pai wants to talk to a wind witch of his aquaintence too, to see what she might know about it. Are you up for it?" Soen says rapidly, watching you both carefully for your reaction.

*Arkas, the spryte woman looks at you for a moment as if she didn't hear you, then shakes her head.*

"I'm Naima Neverlash, and thank you for helping me. I haven't really been feeling well... ever since I started work on that statue there its been like it just took over my life. I felt I needed a change, so I spun my cocoon... figuring to make the biggest change I could. But..." she suddenly turns and looks at the statue, "It was not in that position when I went into my cocoon!"

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Eryic Darumen, male human Wind Witch 3

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"The winds of east are blowing no good, they mean to bring harm to us. There is anger there, in the eastern mountains where the winds start. You must go there and take five companions. Six is the number of winds, the number of anger. Magic and blade, young and old, human and not, you must bring balance in your quest, for this wind and anger seeks to throw us off-balance."

He sighs. "Thank you, m'lady." Too impatient to try and solve riddles, he chokes back another sigh, kneeling and facing the birch trees in the grove, he closes his eyes, hoping (but not asking) Quelsa will be more explicit. He is well aware that a Wind Lady's words can be as ephemeral as an autumn breeze, if she so wishes it.

mpickett81

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
*Matzerath, while you and Urgo are talking, Soen and Pai seem to be in some kind of heated discussion. Finally Soen gives a sigh and shrug, and flies over to the both of you.*

"Excuse me, Pai and I had a question for you. You seem to know something about this disturbance and Pai says you're know what you're doing. So, we had a proposition. Do you want to go with us to the Elder Mountains and figure out what's going on? We can't promise any treasure... but the hunting is plentiful. If you're interested, we still have to wait for our things to be finished, so we could leave in a day if we have to. Pai wants to talk to a wind witch of his aquaintence too, to see what she might know about it. Are you up for it?" Soen says rapidly, watching you both carefully for your reaction.

Matzerath smiles ear to ear. He's been dying for a chance to get out this town. These faen could provide us with the back-up we need and I certainly don't want to be around here when this seemingly magical storm arrives. "Yessss Master Soen, I for one would be honored to acompany you. Your thoughts, brother?"

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
mpickett81 said:
Matzerath smiles ear to ear. He's been dying for a chance to get out this town. These faen could provide us with the back-up we need and I certainly don't want to be around here when this seemingly magical storm arrives. "Yessss Master Soen, I for one would be honored to acompany you. Your thoughts, brother?"

Indeed, I agree. I am weary of this storm and do not want to remain in the city. And besides, my mules need the exercise.

So Soen, do you think your wind witch friend has some useful information? I would be curious to talk to him too. Maybe the knowledge I have can be useful?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Well," Soen says, "It's actually a her. And I bet she would like to know what you know. Come on, we can go today, right now. No time like the present!"

*With that the industrious spryte and the inquisitive faen chivvy the two mojh over to the temple quarter, to the Wind temple. They scarcely have time to appreciate the open and airy architecture when they arrive behind a screening a birth trees to see a long-haired human woman talking to a thin human man with long, dirty blonde hair wearing rumple gray robes.*

*Eryic, around the corner of Quelsa's private area come a curious party. Two mojh, one wearing a great deal of jewelry and a stylish outfit and the other far more plain, one spryte wearing leather armor and bearing a dagger, and one quickling faen carrying a staff made of ice.*

*Quelsa smiles at them and then turns to you, triumph in her eyes.*

"Some of your group arrives unbidden. Find the others, one that has danced with fire, and another who has seen crystal move. Lion and the kin to the ice-staff, you will know them and they will help calm the winds, for they know their fury.

Dougal DeKree

First Post
*Arkas bos deeply to Naima Neverlash* "So you are the Artist i was looking for. Pleased to meet you. And about you spinning your cocoon not in the position it is now - well, as i said, the statue was moving. Certainly this is no normal behaviour for such an item. I shall see if i can find out more about that statue right now. If not, we should try to find someone who knows more about magic than I do. By the way, we also should send message to the local steward that you are well."

*Using sense thoughts, precise vision, object loresight and the knowledge of magic in general, Arkas will try to find out if the statue is "alive", sentient or magical and search if there are any tracks or other notable things around.*

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Eryic Darumen, male human wind witch 3

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
*Eryic, around the corner of Quelsa's private area come a curious party. Two mojh, one wearing a great deal of jewelry and a stylish outfit and the other far more plain, one spryte wearing leather armor and bearing a dagger, and one quickling faen carrying a staff made of ice.*

*Quelsa smiles at them and then turns to you, triumph in her eyes.*

"Some of your group arrives unbidden. Find the others, one that has danced with fire, and another who has seen crystal move. Lion and the kin to the ice-staff, you will know them and they will help calm the winds, for they know their fury.

Eryic stands, startled by the sight of the visitors. His eyes widen at the sight of the two reptilian creatures. His hands ball into tight fists, and it is all he can do to keep from summoning his Witchery. "Mojh," he seethes, the one word hissing from his lips as if a hole were made in a boiling kettle.

Whirling, he turns to Quelsa. For a moment, he is caught up only in his anger, but watching the priestess smile, the blind rage drains away from him, leaving only the smoldering embers. Slowly he recalls her words:

isida kep'tukari said:

Unclenching his fists, he turns back to the unsightly party, quelling his anger, but unable to hide his displeasure so easily...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads