• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost S04E07 13 Mar 08 - Yi Jeon

Cthulhudrew

First Post
TwistedBishop said:
Speaking of this, shouldn't people question Aaron being Kate's child? Even if they don't get off the island until the very end of the show (~120 days), it wouldn't make sense that she could have gotten pregnant and had a child of Aaron's age in time.

Kate's been on the run for a long while now, and presumably the only one who really had any idea of what her condition was was the US Marshal (who is now dead). It's entirely possible that she could have had the kid while on the run.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
The Grumpy Celt said:

I could see that Kate and Jack going back to the island would be awkward, to put it mildly, if Kate was still pursuing Jack, Sawyer was still carrying a torch for Kate but had hooked up with Claire, and Kate had not been completely forthright in taking Aaron from the island and/or subsequently not forthright in what she did regarding Aaron after getting back home.

I wonder how the writers will handle the O6 go back when years will probably have passed off the island compared to a very short time on the island (not sure about the ratio).

LightPhoenix

First Post
A Sun/Jin episode I didn't hate? What is this madness? That said, it was better than last week, but I wouldn't put it above the first five episodes.

The flashforward/back was clever, and it worked well. I could totally see "Island Jin" being a putzy father. However, I caught on to the trick when Jin was shouting about killing the guy who stole the cab/panda. That was totally "Old Jin" behavior.

So we didn't actually find out who all of the O6 were. Grrr. We have no confirmation that Aaron or Michael is or isn't one of them.

Hurley visiting Sun was nice. "Is anyone else coming? Good." That's an odd thing for Hurley to say.

They're really laying it on thick comparing the Losties to the Others. Bernard's line, "I guess we're the good guys," was a near direct mirror of Ben's line at the end of Season 2.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Fast Learner said:
Yeah, that probably intrigued me more than anything else in the episode.

Yeah, it sounded pretty much like Hurley was relieved not to see anyone else.

Out of the five O6 that we know, only Hurley is from Locke's camp. I wonder if something happened between the groups, and Hurley is more ashamed to see them than anything.

Aaron2

Explorer
Cthulhudrew said:
Kate's been on the run for a long while now, and presumably the only one who really had any idea of what her condition was was the US Marshal (who is now dead). It's entirely possible that she could have had the kid while on the run.
Kate would have had to be -very- obviously pregnant on the plane to have a baby of Aaron's age. That is, unless there is some sort of lost time thing happening when Kate and Aaron leave the island. Enough to make it seem like she got preggers on the island.

Also, I don't think Claire stays on the island because of Desmond's vision of her getting on the helicopter.

Finally, RE Micheal. When Ben told him to leave, he gave him different coordinates than the helicopter used (325 versus 305). Its my theory that this sent Micheal back in time giving him the chance to alter his identity and get a job aboard the freighter. It also explains Walt's growth. I think this (and the fact he's using a new name) eliminates him from consideration as an Oceanic 6.

One thing I noticed. In Hurley's flashforward, Abaddon (the scary recruiter dude for Whitmore), asks Hurley if they rest of the losties are still alive. This must mean that something happens to the freighter crew where they don't know the final status of the Losties.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Aaron2 said:
Kate would have had to be -very- obviously pregnant on the plane to have a baby of Aaron's age. That is, unless there is some sort of lost time thing happening when Kate and Aaron leave the island. Enough to make it seem like she got preggers on the island.

Again, though- who would have seen her on the plane? The US Marshal (dead), and the rest of the Oceanic 6 (who are all lying about various things, notably how/when people died and if there are other survivors). There isn't really anyone else around who can testify to her condition prior to getting on that plane in Sydney, and thus gainsay whether or not she could have had that child.

TwistedBishop

First Post
Cthulhudrew said:
Again, though- who would have seen her on the plane? The US Marshal (dead), and the rest of the Oceanic 6 (who are all lying about various things, notably how/when people died and if there are other survivors). There isn't really anyone else around who can testify to her condition prior to getting on that plane in Sydney, and thus gainsay whether or not she could have had that child.

Didn't the Marshal have to pass her through a police station or airport security in season 1 or 2? I'm remembering the whole "that's why I need five guns" bit. Also there was the rancher who turns her in. We don't know how late in the timeline to place her last chat her mom, or her marriage, but she was very clearly not pregnant in either of those two instances either.

Remove ads