HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Welcome...

Larissa, Sister to Lady Kamara,

... Agno
priest of the Whisperer,

Tonris of Illi Esse,

... and Tyrien... the Archeress."

The old priest waits as everyone enjoys a bit of small talk (although it isn't small (or short) where Tyrien is concerned). Then after they have drank and ate a bit he clears his throat and begins his tale.

"My home was destroyed and those I knew killed or worse. And all brought about by treachery, from within. Sorry I am a little ahead of myself." he says with a sigh and then closes his eyes and leans his head back, as if remembering.

Coming out of his stupor he looks each of you in the eye and starts from the beginning. "The Stoneblade was built as a bastion to both protect the land and as a temple to Helerion's glory. But as with all things... and people, it grew in age and disuse and became a quiet monastery for those of us who had outlived are usefulness."

Looking troubled as if not knowing what to say next Master Reinos takes a small sip of his wine. "A fortnight ago we were betrayed, then attacked. For it could only have been betrayal that could have gotten such a large force of dark folk into the Stoneblade unnoticed. Before anyone knew it they were in the halls, in the sept, and on their way to the ritual room."

"We couldn't stop them. Their darkness seemed to stamp out the light of Helerion and the beast they had with them, the wyvern, slayed all who came upon it. Or they died of it's poison after fleeing it's wrath."

OOC: Everyone respond as you wish and roll a hunch check - Sense Motive DC 20

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno pushes forward in his chair eager in his excitement and puts his leathery, claw-like hands on the table.

"Hurrr! You are being in luck! Not to be crowing over my accomplishments but I have slain drakes and dragons; wyverns are much the same, yes? But I am not knowing these darkness folk."

In a quick motion the tengu tilts his head first in one direction, then the other. He looks at the others obviously hoping they can enlighten him.

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 36 Current: 36
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Ammo (Arrows): 40/40 remaining
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 Remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: cat's grace, chill metal, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Listening intently to the story as told by the Priest, Tonris is unable to tell if there is anything dishonest about what the man says. So when the man concludes what he has said, Tonris simply takes a sip of his wine and says, "Truly a horrible fate has befallen your comrades. What can we do to help?" while looking about for affirmation from the others.

He doesn't really spend a whole lot of time trying to percieve anything unusual about what the Priest says, however the man's description of Dark Folk that can blot out the light of Helerion strikes him as odd, he glances over at Larissa and Agno to see if they pick up on the same vibe that he did, while also trying to rack his brain for why exactly it seems so odd to him.

[sblock=Tonris, Mini Stats]Initiative: +9
Perception: -1 (it is +1 if within arm’s reach of Familiar)
Armor Class: 13 (Flat-Footed: 12 // Touch: 12)
Mage Armor Class: 16 (Flat-Footed: 15 // Touch: 12)
Hit Points: 36 Current // 36 Total
BAB: +2 CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Special Resistances: +2 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divination Effects, and a +1 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divine Spells.
Concentration Check: 1d20 +9 (plus an additional 4 if casting defensively)
Caster Level Check: 1d20 +5

Primary Weapon: M.W. Quarterstaff (Attack Bonus: +4 || Damage: 1d6+1 / 1d6+1 || Critical: 20/x2 || Double Weapon || Masterwork)
Secondary Natural Weapon: Prehensile Hair (Attack Bonus: +1 || Damage: 1d3+2 || Critical: 20/x2 || 10 foot reach)
Wands: Wand of Mage Armor (40 Charges remaining)

Class Abilities & Spells
Hexes:
Evil Eye:
can be used on any one target within 30 feet whom Tonris can see. This ability gives a -2 penalty to one of the following: AC, Ability Checks, Attack Rolls, Saving Throws, or Skill Checks for 7 rounds. Will save DC 16 reduces effect to just 1 round.
Flight: grants a +4 racial bonus on swim checks, allows the use of feather fall at will, and allows Tonris to cast Levitate once per day (0 / 1 per day).
Prehensile Hair: Grants Tonris the ability to manipulate his hair for a total of 4 minutes per day. These minutes need not be consecutive, but they must be spent in 1 minute intervals (1 / 4 minutes per day).

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (DC – 14): Guidance; Resistance; Detect Magic; Stabilize
First Level (DC – 15): Cure Light Wounds; Burning Hands; Ear Piercing Scream; Ray of Enfeeblement
Second Level (DC – 16): Cure Moderate Wounds; Touch of Idiocy, Enthrall[/sblock]
[sblock=Rex, Mini Stats]
Dinosaur, Compsognathus

Neutral, Tiny Animal

Init: +6; Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent; Perception +4
AC: 18, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 16 (+2 Dex, +4 Nat, +2 Size)
Mage Armor AC 21, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 19 (+2 Dex, +3 Nat, +4 Mage Armor, +2 Size)
HP: 18 (1d8+2 treated as if it had 5d8+2)
Saves: Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +4
Speed: 40 ft, Swim 20 ft.
Melee: – Bite +3, (1d3-1 + poison, 5 foot reach)
Space: 2.5 feet // Reach: 0 feet
Ability Scores: STR 8, DEX 15, CON 14, INT 8, WIS 11, CHA 5
Base Attack: +2; CMB +2; CMD 11
Feats: Improved Initiative
Skills: Perception +4, Swim +7, plus all skills that Tonris has ranks in
Poison (Bite - Injury) Save Fort DC 12: Frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; 1d2 STR; Cure = 1 save.
Eidolon Evolutions: Reach (Bite) (1)
Special Abilities Alertness, Empathic Link, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Store Spells, Deliver Touch Spells, Speak with Master[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa listens to the old man's tale, stone-faced at the description of the atrocity.

At Tonris' words, Larissa nods gravely. "Horrible, indeed," she affirms soberly. "Your protege said you had a plan, and a reason you did not want to bring all of the forces of Helerion to bear. What is it you propose."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien giggles at Agno's wit, "Hee, hee. Not crowing, yeah right."

"I have never shot a dragon before. Fungi, yes. Undead, yes. But, hunting a wyvern, sure. Why not? What's a wyvern?"

When the rest appear to be eager to help she nods in agreement.

"Yes, a plan would be good. I am more than a mere archer, though admittedly I have horrible luck hitting things when it matters most. I can sneak around and get into locked places too."

"I can..."

"Wait, I might have met some dark folk once. There were some hooded assassins that I helped defeat in a faraway land... hmmm, not sure what they were
really, but we had trouble with them casting magical darkness that was so thick my Ioun Torch could not get through it."

"But, an assimar's magical light was good enough to drive it away."

Pausing only to take a breath, Tyrien continues, this time addressing their host, "What is the Stoneblade's defenses? Will we have trouble getting in to drive them out? Are they still there, or do we hunt them down?"

OOC: Sense Motive (1d20+5=16)

Are Keeling and Tonris's dino present?
[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +7 Perception: +12 (low-light vision)
AC: 23 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 48 Current: 48
CMB: +7 CMD: 22(17ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: none
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 1/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Keeling, perched on the back of Agno's pack, flaps his wings as the black hawk reacts to Agno's animation. The tengu clucks to settle his divine guide and turns to the young, woman archer then back to the old priest.

"I am in, hurrr... agreement. What is this plan? I am not so skilled at the sneaking and stealthing."

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 36 Current: 36
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Ammo (Arrows): 40/40 remaining
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 Remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: cat's grace, chill metal, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock][/QUOTE]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Rex gives off a mewling squawk as he sits on the floor at Tonris' feet not visible to the rest of those at the Table. He seems perfectly content to leave the conversation up to those who can actually participate in the conversation, at least for the moment. Tonris on the other hand nods his agreement "A plan is always good. I myself am not very heavily armored, so just charging in all willy nilly would probably be a bad thing for me to do."

[sblock=Tonris, Mini Stats]Initiative: +9
Perception: -1 (it is +1 if within arm’s reach of Familiar)
Armor Class: 13 (Flat-Footed: 12 // Touch: 12)
Mage Armor Class: 16 (Flat-Footed: 15 // Touch: 12)
Hit Points: 36 Current // 36 Total
BAB: +2 CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Special Resistances: +2 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divination Effects, and a +1 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divine Spells.
Concentration Check: 1d20 +9 (plus an additional 4 if casting defensively)
Caster Level Check: 1d20 +5

Primary Weapon: M.W. Quarterstaff (Attack Bonus: +4 || Damage: 1d6+1 / 1d6+1 || Critical: 20/x2 || Double Weapon || Masterwork)
Secondary Natural Weapon: Prehensile Hair (Attack Bonus: +1 || Damage: 1d3+2 || Critical: 20/x2 || 10 foot reach)
Wands: Wand of Mage Armor (40 Charges remaining)

Class Abilities & Spells
Hexes:
Evil Eye:
can be used on any one target within 30 feet whom Tonris can see. This ability gives a -2 penalty to one of the following: AC, Ability Checks, Attack Rolls, Saving Throws, or Skill Checks for 7 rounds. Will save DC 16 reduces effect to just 1 round.
Flight: grants a +4 racial bonus on swim checks, allows the use of feather fall at will, and allows Tonris to cast Levitate once per day (0 / 1 per day).
Prehensile Hair: Grants Tonris the ability to manipulate his hair for a total of 4 minutes per day. These minutes need not be consecutive, but they must be spent in 1 minute intervals (1 / 4 minutes per day).

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (DC – 14): Guidance; Resistance; Detect Magic; Stabilize
First Level (DC – 15): Cure Light Wounds; Burning Hands; Ear Piercing Scream; Ray of Enfeeblement
Second Level (DC – 16): Cure Moderate Wounds; Touch of Idiocy, Enthrall[/sblock]
[sblock=Rex, Mini Stats]
Dinosaur, Compsognathus

Neutral, Tiny Animal

Init: +6; Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent; Perception +4
AC: 18, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 16 (+2 Dex, +4 Nat, +2 Size)
Mage Armor AC 21, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 19 (+2 Dex, +3 Nat, +4 Mage Armor, +2 Size)
HP: 18 (1d8+2 treated as if it had 5d8+2)
Saves: Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +4
Speed: 40 ft, Swim 20 ft.
Melee: – Bite +3, (1d3-1 + poison, 5 foot reach)
Space: 2.5 feet // Reach: 0 feet
Ability Scores: STR 8, DEX 15, CON 14, INT 8, WIS 11, CHA 5
Base Attack: +2; CMB +2; CMD 11
Feats: Improved Initiative
Skills: Perception +4, Swim +7, plus all skills that Tonris has ranks in
Poison (Bite - Injury) Save Fort DC 12: Frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; 1d2 STR; Cure = 1 save.
Eidolon Evolutions: Reach (Bite) (1)
Special Abilities Alertness, Empathic Link, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Store Spells, Deliver Touch Spells, Speak with Master[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien doesn't even wait for the old man to answer before she is distracted once again by the bird with the bird-man, "Oh, do you have tendencies to caw for some inexplicable reason, Agno? Or do your feathers rustle when you walk? It's okay, I can- What's his name? Nice bird."

She giggles at the unarmored man with funny hair stating the obvious about leading the charge. She puts a finger on her nose and says, "Not it."

"I guess that leaves you, Lady Larissa. You are dressed for the part to lead the charge, at least. How are you at warding off poison?"

Tyrien was about to say something more and she remembers hearing a funny noise from under the table. The pause in her own blabbering conversation causes her to also remember she asked many questions and none have been answered.

"I guess I should stop talking so much, there are many things we need to know and if I keep talking, our host may not be able to answer them all. Anyone know what a wyvern is?"

OOC: LOL, Tyrien did ask many questions. :p
[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +7 Perception: +12 (low-light vision)
AC: 23 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 48 Current: 48
CMB: +7 CMD: 22(17ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: none
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 1/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"I can lead a charge, if the need arises," Larissa patiently assures the girl. "But let us hear the good father's thoughts on the matter."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Agno] Good roll btw.

Agno gets the feeling that Master Reinos is more worried about the wyvern than either the dark folk or the fact that someone betrayed him and his brothers.[/sblock]

"I think all of you will do fine."
the priest says gazing off into the distance once more. "With your help I believe we can reach the ritual vault and succeed in ridding the Stoneblade of the dark folk."

Everyone quiets down and starts to listen very intently as Master Reinos reveals his plan.

"There is a room in the Stoneblade where I can preform the Ritual of Light. A spell that will bathe the very halls of Stoneblade with the rays of Helerion's greatest creation, the Sun. This will force them out and free the fortress from their darkness."

"All we need do is sneak back into Stoneblade the same way that Gergoi and I escaped. An unknown natural tunnel that will get us in and near the vault. A small force is what is needed. And you all will make the prefect infiltrators for this task."

Remove ads