• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Darkness Rising

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Yeah, sure why not. I will always avenge the innocent, even if I do not agree with them ideologically." Tonris says to the Master as he looks around for confirmation that the others are going to join in on the adventure. He is pleased to hear that Agno will be coming along as well.

At the same time Rex caws his assent to the adventure.

[sblock=Tonris, Mini Stats]Initiative: +9
Perception: -1 (it is +1 if within arm’s reach of Familiar)
Armor Class: 13 (Flat-Footed: 12 // Touch: 12)
Mage Armor Class: 16 (Flat-Footed: 15 // Touch: 12)
Hit Points: 36 Current // 36 Total
BAB: +2 CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Special Resistances: +2 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divination Effects, and a +1 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divine Spells.
Concentration Check: 1d20 +9 (plus an additional 4 if casting defensively)
Caster Level Check: 1d20 +5

Primary Weapon: M.W. Quarterstaff (Attack Bonus: +4 || Damage: 1d6+1 / 1d6+1 || Critical: 20/x2 || Double Weapon || Masterwork)
Secondary Natural Weapon: Prehensile Hair (Attack Bonus: +1 || Damage: 1d3+2 || Critical: 20/x2 || 10 foot reach)
Wands: Wand of Mage Armor (40 Charges remaining)

Class Abilities & Spells
Hexes:
Evil Eye:
can be used on any one target within 30 feet whom Tonris can see. This ability gives a -2 penalty to one of the following: AC, Ability Checks, Attack Rolls, Saving Throws, or Skill Checks for 7 rounds. Will save DC 16 reduces effect to just 1 round.
Flight: grants a +4 racial bonus on swim checks, allows the use of feather fall at will, and allows Tonris to cast Levitate once per day (0 / 1 per day).
Prehensile Hair: Grants Tonris the ability to manipulate his hair for a total of 4 minutes per day. These minutes need not be consecutive, but they must be spent in 1 minute intervals (1 / 4 minutes per day).

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (DC – 14): Guidance; Resistance; Detect Magic; Stabilize
First Level (DC – 15): Cure Light Wounds; Burning Hands; Ear Piercing Scream; Ray of Enfeeblement
Second Level (DC – 16): Cure Moderate Wounds; Touch of Idiocy, Enthrall[/sblock]
[sblock=Rex, Mini Stats]
Dinosaur, Compsognathus

Neutral, Tiny Animal

Init: +6; Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent; Perception +4
AC: 18, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 16 (+2 Dex, +4 Nat, +2 Size)
Mage Armor AC 21, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 19 (+2 Dex, +3 Nat, +4 Mage Armor, +2 Size)
HP: 18 (1d8+2 treated as if it had 5d8+2)
Saves: Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +4
Speed: 40 ft, Swim 20 ft.
Melee: – Bite +3, (1d3-1 + poison, 5 foot reach)
Space: 2.5 feet // Reach: 0 feet
Ability Scores: STR 8, DEX 15, CON 14, INT 8, WIS 11, CHA 5
Base Attack: +2; CMB +2; CMD 11
Feats: Improved Initiative
Skills: Perception +4, Swim +7, plus all skills that Tonris has ranks in
Poison (Bite - Injury) Save Fort DC 12: Frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; 1d2 STR; Cure = 1 save.
Eidolon Evolutions: Reach (Bite) (1)
Special Abilities Alertness, Empathic Link, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Store Spells, Deliver Touch Spells, Speak with Master[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien forgets about the discussion of dragons, clearly the man with funny hair is not going to continue teasing her. More important things to discuss, anyway.

"Sounds fine, hunting this wyvern or sneaking in. I am ready, when do we start? Are we going to eat first? What about shopping? Everyone have all the gear they think they need? I could always browse the the latest fashions from the cobblers-..."

"Oh... Yes, I pledge my bow to help you. I don't pledge my life or my soul, those are mine."

"Funny thing about souls. If you are lucky, they will start talking to you and others can hear them. I was fighting alongside this mage, his soul was quite interesting."

Doesn't matter how solemn the occasion, the half-elven girl just doesn't stop talking.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +7 Perception: +12 (low-light vision)
AC: 23 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 48 Current: 48
CMB: +7 CMD: 22(17ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: none
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Master Reinos smiles as everyone agrees to help with the cleansing of Stoneblade.

"Our host has been gracious enough to provide rooms, and I suggest we get an early start. The Stoneblade is a few days away on foot, and I am way to old to be bruised by a horse."

Standing he gets help from one of the servants and is led from the room. "An hour before dawn we will all meet in the courtyard. And do not worry to much about needing additional gear. My spells and the few scrolls and potions I have should be enough addition to see us through our cause."

From the doorway he turns, "Good night to each of you."

[sblock=OOC] Ok gang not much going to happen at night inside a guarded home. So an uneventful sleep followed by everyone gathering their gear and meeting in the courtyard.

Please take time to discuss spell selection OOC before posting your new updated stat block. To save time this could have been talk during the night about what spells may be best used to ...

1) fight a wyvern
2) fight dark folk
3) useed during the long travel during the day
4) used when camp is set/during sleeping outdoors

Also marching order and combat roles.[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Before we go to bed, Master Reinos, do you by chance know what type of Dark Folk we will be facing? Where I come from there are a wide variety of creatures whom could be defined as 'dark folk' amongst which include creatures from the realms of shadow, demonic entities, and even creatures that live very deep under the ground. It would be beneficial to know exactly what we are facing." Tonris asks of the Master before retiring to his sleeping quarters. Illi Esse is indeed home to a wide assortment of creatures, the weirdest of which are by and far the humans themselves...

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"These dark folk come from deep underground," Renios says stifling a yawn. "Battling them with light may prove a useful tool."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien suddenly becomes more focused and serious as the topic of darkfolk comes up again.

"The dark folk I DO know about wore layers of rags, carried poison daggers and could cast a Darkness spell at will. I have an Ioun Torch, and still it was suppressed into darkness."

"Luckily we had an aasimar with us to counter the magical night."

"Any of you able to cast such a spell, turning dark into daylight?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +7 Perception: +12 (low-light vision)
AC: 23 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 48 Current: 48
CMB: +7 CMD: 22(17ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: none
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"I have no such spells," observes Larissa. "And I think if I am to lead a charge or hold against one, perhaps my magics would be better spent toward that end. Have any of the rest of you spells that might serve against these dark ones? "

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno frets over the question of spells and light and picks at the feathers on his arm as he does so. Finally he shakes his head in the negative.

"Light magics at my disposal are, hurrr... weaker than the floating torch-stone. If these are the same of kind as those darkfolk you met, Tyrien, then my magics will not help." The tengu seems disturbed at the notion of being unable to counter such darkness.

"Keeling panics in such, hurrr... darkness." The hawk perched behind Agno flaps his wings buffeting the tengu as if disputing his comment.

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 36 Current: 36
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Ammo (Arrows): 40/40 remaining
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 Remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: cat's grace, chill metal, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Unfortunately a spell to create magical daylight is beyond my capabilities to cast. However I agree it is imperative that we have the ability to cast such a spell with us just in case. Surely there is enough spellcasting ability amongst us that one of us can manage to cast that spell?" Tonris says looking from Larissa, to Agno, and back to Larissa in hope that one of the two of them would happen to have such a spell. He then abruptly changes the subject and says "Well either way it is of little use to argue about it, perhaps we should retire and get some rest before the dawn. I would hate to be unrested for such a momentous fight as this."

Remove ads