• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Darkness Rising

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Perhaps a scroll, then," muses Larissa. "I have heard of a spell that can turn night into day. But I have not the coin for such a purchase."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien has a wry expression at all this talk of negativity and defeatism. She coughs to get everyone' attention.

"Eh? Cannot cast the spells? No money?"

"Well, unless you want to fight dark folk blind with a poison dagger sticking in you unawares, we all better start pulling out some gold coins from somewhere. You all got some extra gear that is worth something don't you?"

She draws her own finely crafted rapier and tosses in down on the table with a clatter. To prove her point she continues, "What good is that rapier if I cannot see to use it? And then end up dead, eh? That's Right! Not much."

"Surely you others have something you can spare if you don't have the gold outright. Let's go, start putting it on the table."

The half-elven girl is not the leadership type, but she has been on a few adventures and has learned the advantage of being prepared, the hard way.

Tyrien does spare the old priest a sidelong glance to see if he has the correct spell up his sleeve, though.

OOC: Tyrien has a little gold. But she also has extra holy water and even the Mwk Rapier that could be liquidated if we cannot put up enough gold. It would be nice if we could scrape enough together to get a wand with 3-5 charges on it.
[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +7 Perception: +12 (low-light vision)
AC: 23 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 48 Current: 48
CMB: +7 CMD: 22(17ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: none
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Tonris is caught slightly off guard by Tyrien's scolding of the group of them. He smiles however when she offers to sell her finely crafted Rapier if it were to help the cause, he glances over at Larissa and says "Well, I would have preferred it if one of us had the spell prepared. But, I suppose actually having repeatable uses of the spell would be preferable to wasting valuable memory space to trying to recall enough of the spell to get us past all the enemies that may be coming up against us." He stands up patting a rather large sized pouch at his side and says "Perhaps I could make a side trek over to the Mystic Pearl and see if I can't acquire a Wand that has the appropriate spell on it?"

OOC: 5,601 gp should be enough to get us a wand with at least 24 charges on it, assuming I spent all my gold on such a wand...

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa smiles at the archeress' enthusiasm, and nods to Tonris. "So be it," she says, unslinging her bow from her shoulder and laying both it and her quiver on the table. The bow is fine Rornish worksmanship, and powerfully built. "I never could hit a damned thing with this anyway. I'll leave the shooting to you," she tells Tyrien.

[sblock=ooc]MW +3 Str longbow and 20 arrows, valued at 701 gp. She'll pick up another pilum when it's sold.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno taps a wand tucked in his belt then withdraws it and lays it on the table on the growing pile of gear.

"I have this for the selling and, hurrr... more is possible. I could be selling the cloak from my back; it has strong magics. Would the potions of seeing in darkness be effective and inexpensive?"

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 36 Current: 36
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Ammo (Arrows): 40/40 remaining
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 Remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: cat's grace, chill metal, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Sorry gang before you get to far ahead of me I'm not going to allow the shopping trip.

It would take a day in the game and Master Renios (now that he has a group) will want for you to set off right away. We could RP this if you want (but that would happen in the morning), and maybe you'd change his mind. But for now I just need everyone to post turning in and then I will post the morning gathering as everyone readies to depart (or possibly shop if you really wish to and convince the padre).[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
[sblock=OOC]We are definitely going to need to convince the Padre. Because I have no desire to go into a fight with enemies that can spam the Darkness spell... without an effective countermeasure. And there is no reason that Tonris would go to sleep without being given a reason why he can't go buy the wand very quickly tonight before the shops close.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

OOC: But, Daaaaad. It is not my bedtime yet. :p

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien nods with satisfaction and smiles.

"Ah, that's good. We all understand each other. So, in the morning we can look into this wand if necessary, then. After we look into it, we can then get the cost and find out how much we need."

She pulls her rapier from under the pile and returns it to her belt.

"We should see if Master Renios actually knows anything about the tactics these dark folk used. If he knows already, he might have what we need already packed."

Since the old priest is absent, getting those answers will have to wait until morning. Tyrien bids the others good night and finds this bed chamber she is allegedly supposed to spend the night in. She would rather not sleep on the stone floor.

[sblock=OOC for HM]Since we went OOC on the discussion, HM.

I think Master Renios actually has the items we would need to prevent TPK. He has the lessor restoration and a few other yet to be revealed scrolls and potions, but is no longer in the scene to tell us. Perhaps he can even cast the spell we need. ;)

However, without assurance, Tyrien would strongly agree with Tonis. No going to fight dark folk without it.

She has personal experience (not just player experience ;) ) facing three that negated her Ioun Stone and they had poisoned daggers. Without the Daylight spell to counter them, storming the castle would be suicide in her eyes. Master Renios received her agreement to help, but not her life. She was very specific about that, IIRC. ;)

Now, I do appreciate that DMs gotta make the rules. I want to work with you and support you on this, HM. But, likewise a DM should respect that a character needs to stay in-character, yeah?

So I am ready for morning to begin diplomacying the padre.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +7 Perception: +12 (low-light vision)
AC: 23 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 48 Current: 48
CMB: +7 CMD: 22(17ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: none
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa nods to the others and bids them goodnight. She finds the chamber that the father set aside for her, and carefully doffs her armor and lays it out neatly on the floor. Then she kneels, holding her sword before her, and makes her nightly prayers.

Then she settles into bed, wondering what the morning will bring.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno collects his wand with the agreement that they will all talk to the old priest in the morning about the items they might need for survival then heads off to bed.

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 36 Current: 36
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Ammo (Arrows): 40/40 remaining
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 Remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: cat's grace, chill metal, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

Remove ads