[LPF] Darkness Rising

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=Helerion]The original priest of Helerion in LPF was Leonion of Thunderfalls. I've generally been operating off the assumption that the Margravate of Thunderfalls is in the south of the Landadel Baronies closer to the mountains where thundering waterfalls might be more prevalent. I've also assumed that Thunderfalls is the home territory of Helerion worship since that player created both in his character/background. Leonion is a NG cleric which strongly suggests Helerion is on the better end of the alignment spectrum. Leonion also lists Sun, Healing, and Protection as domains. I haven't kept up with any of the information that perrinmiller added concerning Helerion or with your own character, HM.

My own adventure, Greener is the Grass, also concerns Helerion worshipers and takes my above assumptions for fact. That adventure deals with a heterodox sect/cult called the Lantern Bearers, though, so doesn't really rely much on the orthodox Helerion stuff.

All just a bit of info for you, HM, with my encouragement to start a Helerion discussion. I don't think it really needs a proposal write-up as much as it needs a compiling and hammering out of what already exists for the deity.[/sblock]

Agno seems uncomfortable with the discussion concerning the nature of divinity, particularly with Tonris' stated position. However, he also feels, and his experience in the Howling Caves backs up, that it is best to prepare oneself for the situations that might arise.

[color=#c99ff]"Issolatha whispers her secrets to those who need them but it is still best to prepare oneself for, hurrr... any experience bereft of divine guidance. Whatever its provenance. For us to attempt and fail, would delay the clearing of the monastery even longer than a slight delay and successful clearings. Yes?"[/color]

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 36 Current: 36
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Ammo (Arrows): 40/40 remaining
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 Remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: cat's grace, chill metal, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa is puzzled by the father's reticence, and alarmed by Tonris' hostility toward the divine.

"Father," offers Larissa. "If you know something of the spells that these beings use, perhaps you could share your insights with us. And if you have measures to counter them, we should know that as well. But we need to make certain we can beat back the creatures' darkness, or I do not see how we can prevail."

She eyes the priest intently.

[sblock=ooc] Trying to convince him, but also using Sense Motive to see what he's thinking. Is it really because of the time issue, or is he worried about something else?[/sblock]

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +2
AC: 21 (21 flat-footed, 10 Touch)
HP: 53 Current: 53
CMB: +7 CMD: 17
Fort: +9 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
PER Roll: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+1 Greatsword Attack: +9 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+4, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+1 Greatsword Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+10, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Pilum: Attack: +4 = [BAB(4) + DEX(0) + Misc(0) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+3, Crit: 20/x2, 20' Range incr.
Special: successful strike fouls a shield

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength
* Read Magic * Protection from Evil * Bull's Strength
* Light * Detect Evil * Protection from Evil, Communal
* Guidance * Divine Favor * D: Bless Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 2d6,
DC 16 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

Weapons:
+1 Greatsword Attack: +9 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+4, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+1 Greatsword Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+10, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Pilum: Attack: +4 = [BAB(4) + DEX(0) + Misc(0) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+3, Crit: 20/x2, 20' Range incr.
Special: successful strike fouls a shield

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien follows the exchange and listens for once instead of talking. Though it don't look like she is really paying much attention to every little thing.

Without feeling patient any longer, she bluntly says, "Master Renios, just give us a straight answer. Do you know what powers these dark folk have or not? Can you cast Daylight spell if we need it? Stop making us chase you around the mulberry bush."

"Tonris, do you have a horse? Since it takes three days to walk and she,"
gesturing to Larissa, "cannot walk fast in that armor, you could spend a day shopping in Venza and still catch up to us before we get there."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +7 Perception: +12 (low-light vision)
AC: 23 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 48 Current: 48
CMB: +7 CMD: 22(17ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]
Diplomacy Aid Another (1d20+1=7)
Sense Motive (1d20+5=7)

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Tonris, do you have a horse? Since it takes three days to walk and she," gesturing to Larissa, "cannot walk fast in that armor, you could spend a day shopping in Venza and still catch up to us before we get there."

"I can easily purchase a horse as well as the Wand, though it might be easier if someone else were to stay here with me just in case I am unable to find the wand, the can help me search for it." Tonris says in reply to Tyrien, whom he has found to be extremely outgoing, almost to a fault, though at the same time he admires her honesty in everything that she talks about.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Sorry DC but you can't use Diplomacy if a creature can't understand you. So that would go for aiding as the aider has to make the same check.

I'll work on that write up of what we have about so far for Helerion, and see who we can get to look it over. Might not be for a few weeks though.

Now the big question: Should we do the shopping thing like a regular roll over at the Mystic Pearl or should we ask whoever the judge is in this to allow for the item to be added.

If the item is added we will RP the purchase here. And take the cost out of everyone's time GP at the end of the game. This way everyone chips in the same amount and it becomes treasure at the end to be sold (at current charges price) or kept by a character.

I'm thinking Wand of Daylight 12 charges = 2,700gp (675gp per player)

Either way two characters should stay behind and we will RP catching up.[/sblock]

"Peace, please peace."
Father Renios says as he is slightly bombarded by questions. "You all are right, but I think time is still working against us. But maybe a couple of you searching the market and then catching up should not delay us much, if at all."

He adjusts the straps to his satchel and scroll cases as he tries standing a bit taller. He speaks to Tyrien as one not use to be questioned about his abilities. "I can call forth Helerion's light to aid us and I shall. The dark folk will find their powers small compared to mine. My main concern is the wyvern and I have extra scrolls and potions to help us against that beast."

As Larissa asks about the abilities of the dark folk he nearly grits his teeth. "They are devious, treacherous, and un-loyal to a fault. Even as they die they try and take their adversaries with them. Many of the Stoneblade defenders died as they learned this. Darkness is not all we have to worry about. They're blades are poison and some have limited magical ability."

He takes a deep breath, "I am sorry," he says much calmer than a few seconds ago. "I am worried. Worried that we will not get to the Stoneblade in time, to reach the vault. The dark folk must be punished for what they have done."

[sblock=Larissa] Nat 20 - nice roll.

Father Renios is being truthful in all he says. When he says he is more powerful than the dark folk (i.e. able to counter their darkness) it is no boast.

His demeanor is that of someone who has failed at a task and seeks to right it.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien shrugs and replies, "Sure, I can go with Tonris to acquire the wand in Venza. I am not stranger to horses... nor big kitty cats... mules... camels... um, oh."

"Master Renios, do you have any horses here that we can borrow? We can be on our way even faster then. It is a nice day for a ride, after all. Clouds in the sky, birds... Beats walking at least, sore bum not my problem."

"So where is a landmark we can meet tomorrow? Or even tonight if it takes less time than we think."

She inquires about directions and places to meet up after she and Tonris complete their errand and chase the others down.

OOC: I left it ambiguous enough that we can advance the scene if you want, HM.
[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +7 Perception: +12 (low-light vision)
AC: 23 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 48 Current: 48
CMB: +7 CMD: 22(17ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"This seems a fair plan" Larissa observes. "Do not fear, father, we will make haste and preparations both."

Considering the priest's words, she adds, "We should also make preparations against poison. I have no spells that are effective against them. Have any of you? If not, perhaps something from the Pearl would help there as well."

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"If finding such an item doesn't delay our departure too much, and we can afford it, I imagine we will do our best to find some way to combat poison." Tonris says inclining his head in acknowledgement of Larissa's request. With that he waits for Tyrien to get all of the details for where the two of them should meet the rest of the group.

OOC: OMG we are about to commit the most unholy of sins in a Role Playing Game. We are going to split the group!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DalkonCledwin

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I think we are all kind of at the point were we are wanting it to be a sure fire thing that we get the wand. If we don't have to roll for it all the better. That said, I am perfectly willing to front all the money for the wand at this time, assuming no one else wants to pay for it out of pocket. That said however, I am as of yet still uncertain whether my character can actually use the wand, or whether it would have to be something that he would have to use Use Magic Device to utilize. It might just be simpler to have someone who has access to it on their spell list utilize it... a Cleric for example.[/sblock]

Remove ads