[LPF] Darkness Rising

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa keeps her armor on as she sits beside the embers of the fire, occasionally rising to patrol the perimeter of the glad where they are camped. She is aware that the most likely intruders are their companions, but knows better than to risk complacency.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
During the night Tonris and Tyrien arrive at camp. As tried as they are they aren't much for conversation and head off to bed. With the other four members of their group taking watch they are left to recuperate from their hard journey.

In the morning as everyone is breaking camp Tonris shows the items he purchased and how they are activated, in case he is incapacitated or hurt. And then an anxious Father Renios leads the group marching off once more.

OOC: Another chance to change spell selection if you wish. You are all two nights away from Stoneblade. I don't really need a marching order but I would like to know who is rear guard? And a Perception check from everyone as I'm sure you are all watching the woods and sky as you move.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien arrives tired and greatly fatigued, so much so that her chattering grew silent long before arriving at the camp with the others and she collapsed into her bedroll soon after.

However, morning does nothing to stop her tongue wagging and her companions are greeting the day with her idle chitchatting.

After breaking fast and breaking camp, Tyrien turns to the others and asks, "Who is leading the way and who is bringing up the rear? I can do either, but I could also range around our advance, scouting as well. Ahead, behind and along the flanks."

"I would suggest the main group, Tonris, Larissa, and Master Renios remain together, probably Larissa leading the three."

"That would leave you and me, Agno. What do you wish to do with your bird? Hee, hee... Sorry."

She has a sheepish look, figuring her silly humor is lost on the Tengu if his expression is anything to go by. She has not worked with one before and has no idea what it looks like when Agno is happy, sad, or angry.

[Sblock=OOC]In dungeons, normally Tyrien doesn't lead since her Ioun Stone negates her stealth. But in the outdoors, I am comfortable putting her anywhere in the lineup.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +7 Perception: +12 (low-light vision)
AC: 23 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 48 Current: 48
CMB: +7 CMD: 22(17ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"I will take the lead," offers Larissa. "Though I hope we will have smooth travel so far as the entrance to this cavern you describe. Tell me, is there a danger we will be seen from the monastery as we approach it?"

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +2
AC: 21 (21 flat-footed, 10 Touch)
HP: 53 Current: 53
CMB: +7 CMD: 17
Fort: +9 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
PER Roll: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+1 Greatsword Attack: +9 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+4, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+1 Greatsword Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+10, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Pilum: Attack: +4 = [BAB(4) + DEX(0) + Misc(0) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+3, Crit: 20/x2, 20' Range incr.
Special: successful strike fouls a shield

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength
* Read Magic * Protection from Evil * Bull's Strength
* Light * Detect Evil * Protection from Evil, Communal
* Guidance * Divine Favor * D: Bless Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 2d6,
DC 16 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

Weapons:

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
When Agno wakes the next morning his feathers are in disarray and he spends some time grooming, or rather, preening before praying. He blinks slowly at Tyrien's joke as if he doesn't quite comprehend but then latches onto the part he does and answers that instead.

"I shall travel at the rear if you do not, hurrr... mind. I am quick of foot and may, if distracted, run too far ahead. Which could be dangerous. Safer if I stay to the back and follow the group's pace.

Keeling shall scout for us."

Agno leans forward and whispers as if he doesn't want the hawk to hear.

"He will fly around mostly to hunt rabbits or mice or squirrels but if he sees anything he will let us know."

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 36 Current: 36
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Ammo (Arrows): 40/40 remaining
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 Remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: cat's grace, chill metal, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien nods with agreement, "I am happy with that decision. Easy peasy."

"I will cover the advance, moving around. First off to the right a little bit and then cross over to the left."

"If you spot anything just caw. Hee, hee. Bird call signals... ahem, right. Shall we move out?"

With bow in hand she heads off along the direction of their march, moving parallel. She uses her faster movement to go from cover to cover up ahead a little ways. Then she pauses to look around a bit before Larissa moves more than 10 feet ahead of her and she resumes her patrolling.

[Sblock=OOC]Perception (1d20+12=14)
Alternate moving on the left flank and right flank depending on advantageous terrain. Keeping within 20-30 feet from Larissa and about 10ft ahead to 10ft behind when the cleric passes her position while Tyrien is looking around.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Tonris, not used to walking that long or that hard as Tyrien had pushed him to walk, what with being more of a scholar than a fighter, promptly fell down and slept on the cold hard ground instead of even bothering to pull out a bed roll or anything like that. He was just that exhausted.

In the morning he was still relatively exhausted, but knowing that the group needed him to be capable of casting his spells, he managed to muster up enough concentration to commune with Rex and prepare what few spells that he could manage for the day. After showing the others how to use the Wands in case of emergency, he promptly fell into a deep morbid silence, prefering to listen instead of talk, mainly because he was too tired to do much of anything else.

[sblock=OOC]I figure Tonris is not used to Forced Marches, thus he would be way more exhausted at the end of it than Tyrien would be.[/sblock]
[sblock=Tonris, Mini Stats]Initiative: +9
Perception: -1 (it is +1 if within arm’s reach of Familiar)
Armor Class: 13 (Flat-Footed: 12 // Touch: 12)
Mage Armor Class: 16 (Flat-Footed: 15 // Touch: 12)
Hit Points: 36 Current // 36 Total
BAB: +2 CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Special Resistances: +2 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divination Effects, and a +1 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divine Spells.
Concentration Check: 1d20 +9 (plus an additional 4 if casting defensively)
Caster Level Check: 1d20 +5

Primary Weapon: M.W. Quarterstaff (Attack Bonus: +4 || Damage: 1d6+1 / 1d6+1 || Critical: 20/x2 || Double Weapon || Masterwork)
Secondary Natural Weapon: Prehensile Hair (Attack Bonus: +1 || Damage: 1d3+2 || Critical: 20/x2 || 10 foot reach)
Wands: Wand of Mage Armor (40 Charges remaining), Wand of Neutralize Poison (5 charges remaining), Wand of Daylight (10 charges remaining)

Class Abilities & Spells
Hexes:
Evil Eye:
can be used on any one target within 30 feet whom Tonris can see. This ability gives a -2 penalty to one of the following: AC, Ability Checks, Attack Rolls, Saving Throws, or Skill Checks for 7 rounds. Will save DC 16 reduces effect to just 1 round.
Flight: grants a +4 racial bonus on swim checks, allows the use of feather fall at will, and allows Tonris to cast Levitate once per day (0 / 1 per day). Tonris can fly for a number of minutes per day equal to his level (0 / 5 minutes per day)
Prehensile Hair: Grants Tonris the ability to manipulate his hair for a total of 4 minutes per day. These minutes need not be consecutive, but they must be spent in 1 minute intervals (0 / 4 minutes per day).

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (DC – 14): Guidance; Resistance; Detect Magic; Stabilize
First Level (DC – 15): Cure Light Wounds; Burning Hands; Ear Piercing Scream; Ray of Enfeeblement
Second Level (DC – 16): Cure Moderate Wounds; Touch of Idiocy, Enthrall
Third Level Spells (DC - 17): Summon Monster III; Spit Venom[/sblock]
[sblock=Rex, Mini Stats]
Dinosaur, Compsognathus

Neutral, Tiny Animal

Init: +6; Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent; Perception +4
AC: 18, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 16 (+2 Dex, +4 Nat, +2 Size)
Mage Armor AC 21, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 19 (+2 Dex, +3 Nat, +4 Mage Armor, +2 Size)
HP: 18 (1d8+2 treated as if it had 5d8+2)
Saves: Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +4
Speed: 40 ft, Swim 20 ft.
Melee: – Bite +3, (1d3-1 + poison, 5 foot reach)
Space: 2.5 feet // Reach: 0 feet
Ability Scores: STR 8, DEX 15, CON 14, INT 8, WIS 11, CHA 5
Base Attack: +2; CMB +2; CMD 11
Feats: Improved Initiative
Skills: Perception +4, Swim +7, plus all skills that Tonris has ranks in
Poison (Bite - Injury) Save Fort DC 12: Frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; 1d2 STR; Cure = 1 save.
Eidolon Evolutions: Reach (Bite) (1)
Special Abilities Alertness, Empathic Link, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Store Spells, Deliver Touch Spells, Speak with Master[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I will take the lead," offers Larissa. "Though I hope we will have smooth travel so far as the entrance to this cavern you describe. Tell me, is there a danger we will be seen from the monastery as we approach it?"

"No my dear. We shall not be seen from any of the towers or windows." The old priest says as they start to move out. During the first half of the day he explains that the tunnel will have a fair number of steps, but will bypass most of the defenses as it winds it's way up to the upper floors and the room they need to enter.

The group stops for lunch along the way towards Stoneblade. The slight repast brought by the old priest saves them the trouble of forging or consuming their travel rations.

Once back on the road it is about two hours after lunch when they all hear the strange bird cry echo throughout the forest.

"SKKRREECCHHH!!"

"That was something bigger than a song bird," Father Renios says as he halts the group. He looks back to Agno to see if he knows that call.

[sblock=Agno]It's not a bird, just sounds like one. And it sounds like it is hunting.

Also Empathic link from Keeling = the hawk is scared.[/sblock]

OOC: Will be going into combat mode (but no INIT yet) so please list an actions you wish to perform based on what you can do in a round. Giving you a chance to "power up" if you wish.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien already has her longbow in hand and nocks an arrow at the threatening screech.

"Is that a wyvern cry? They do flight, don't they? Everyone get ready!"

She moves to find an advantageous spot with some cover or protection from the air, while still maintaining some clear lines of fire for her barrage of arrows she is going to unleash on whatever is deciding to tempt fate.

"I wonder if that is one of those bitty dragons we were talking about."

[Sblock=Actions]Find cover with Move Action, Ready Arrow with Standard Action[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
+2 Will vs. Enchantments

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Move to cover!" Urges Larissa. She reluctantly draws her bow, trying to forget her relatively poor skill with that weapon, and moves away from the center of the road.

[sblock=ooc] Std: Draw bow; Move: Move off road, preferably under a tree or a ledge that might offer some kind of cover.[/sblock]

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +2
AC: 21 (21 flat-footed, 10 Touch)
HP: 53 Current: 53
CMB: +7 CMD: 17
Fort: +9 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
PER Roll: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength
* Read Magic * Protection from Evil * Bull's Strength
* Light * Detect Evil * Protection from Evil, Communal
* Guidance * Divine Favor * D: Bless Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 2d6,
DC 16 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

Weapons:

[/sblock]

Remove ads