• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Distant Relations

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 4)

"Crap!" Yo mutters as he jumps to his feet, grabs his bag, and secures it to his back as he heads off after Elenka. "Enjoy the food, save some for us!" he yells back as he heads out the door.

[sblock=Ministats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 Touch 19 Flatfooted 18
HP: 28/28
CMB: +8 CMD: 23 Fort: +4 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+2 vs. Enchantment)
Defensive Abilities: Evasion, Deflect Arrows, Brooch of Shielding
Speed: 40 ft

Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor (+4 Armor bonus to AC)
Elemental Fist: 0/4 remaining
Ki Pool: 0/5 remaining
Expenditures: 50 gp
Additional Equipment: 2 flasks alchemist's fire, 10 silver holy symbols, 2 ledgers, 22 PP.
[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Quioan remains seated for a moment, then he rises, grabbing his things, and makes his way after the others, grumbling about just wanting to take it easy for a change.

OOC: Figured I'd keep it simple... :)

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=JK]Nope. :) Just waiting for an appropriate time to post. :p[/sblock]

Audra is just about to take a huge bite of veggies when Elenka barks her order to the tree guy and then follows. Yo follows her. Audra turns her glance to Qui, the bite less than an inch from her mouth. He mumbles and follows the others. Audra sighs and sticks the bite of veggies into her mouth, grabs a bit of bread and shrugs her stuff back onto her shoulder. As she moves, Genevieve returns with a platter of meat.

Keep an eye on the table, we'll be right back.

As she moves, Audra pulls a pair of old, beaten up, banged up, pockmarked nunchucks from a pocket on the side of her backpack and tucks one beneath her arm, the other held in her hand as she heads out after the others, stuffing the bite of bread into her mouth.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Genevieve sighs and puts down the platter she's holding with a clank.

"I spend every day serving food to people in a rush, love. This is nothing new. I could use a night with my feet up," she says with a bittersweet sigh. She wags her hand in a shooing motion to send the monk and elf after their other companions, then sits, wagging her head back and forth a moment before pouring herself a goblet of wine.

Outside, Inar stumbles a moment when he realizes he's being tailed.

"I can take care of myself, you know," he says, raising his longbow a moment as indication. As the quintet catch up to him, he merely shrugs. "All right. Your call. Just try to keep up."

Indeed, Inar navigates the back alleys of Martna with a swift efficiency that keeps the party on its toes. You've barely time to track each quick turn through the maze you didn't even realize existed, and have lost most of your bearings by the time Inar stops at the door to the meeting.

"Okay, this one I can't negotiate on. You'll have to wait out here until the meeting's out. Only sworn officials allowed, I'm afraid. Can't imagine you'll want to be in on all the shouting and name-calling that's about to start, anyway. I'll be quick about it, though."

Barring further objections, Inar enters the building, shutting the door behind him.

In the alley intersection, the night stars and moon are more than enough for Quioan and Drev, but the others find things a bit murky as they stand there, listening as, indeed, the sound of rabble and raised voices begins.

[sblock=ooc]Without light sources, the alley is dim light. Low light and darkvision are unimpeded. Normal sight takes a penalty.[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra, having swallowed her bite of bread and vegetables at some point, turns and flops her back against the building, a couple of paces from the door and crosses her arms across her chest, one end of her nunchucks hanging from the upper arm on the other side, one end clutched in a hand.

Seven to one odds at least three chairs and a table get broken in there tonight, from the sound of it.

She looks around as her eyes try to adjust to the dark.

GlassEye

Adventurer
"I apologize," says Elenka as she squints in the darkness. "I wasn't about to let some white-robed thug looking to curry favor get in a lucky shot on our only contact and retrieve the ledgers. Can anyone make out what's going on in there?"

Elenka and Drevezh'korol listen intently trying to make out what the arguing is about. Elenka's lips tighten in dismay and she shakes her head. It's obvious she can't make it out.

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
Elenka/Drev Perception: 1d20+6=11, 1d20=13

Elenka
Standard: --
Move: --[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 4
Initiative: +2 Perception: +6

AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed) [19 w/Shield]
HP: 30 Current: 28
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand: terbutje
Spells:
1st level: 2/4 remaining.
2nd level: 0/2 remaining.
Special: Summon Monster 2 5/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +1 Perception: +0; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 15 (11 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 29 Current: 28
CMB: +7 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +3

In Hand:
Conditions: [/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Quioan dismisses Elenka's apology with a wave of his hand. "Think nothing of it. What you say makes sense - after what we've been through, I'm happy to err on the side of caution."

Quioan joins the others by the door in an attempt to discern any portions of the conversation taking place somewhere inside. Despite his keen ears, he hears little. "Perhaps they're speaking in a back room?" he muses, a little prideful of his normally-reliable senses.

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 4)

While the darkness limits his vision, Yo doesn't want to sit still and wait. He quietly moves along the wall of the building until he reaches the corner. Scanning the other side of the building, he looks for other entrances/exits. Once satisfied on one side, he pass by his comrades again to check the other side. Done, he returns to the others. In a hushed voice, "Anything?"

[sblock=Ministats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 Touch 19 Flatfooted 18
HP: 28/28
CMB: +8 CMD: 23 Fort: +4 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+2 vs. Enchantment)
Defensive Abilities: Evasion, Deflect Arrows, Brooch of Shielding
Speed: 40 ft

Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor (+4 Armor bonus to AC)
Elemental Fist: 0/4 remaining
Ki Pool: 0/5 remaining
Expenditures: 50 gp
Additional Equipment: 2 flasks alchemist's fire, 10 silver holy symbols, 2 ledgers, 22 PP.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
As Elenka, Drev, and Quioan concentrate their energies on trying to turn severely muffled voices into intelligible sounds to figure out how the meeting is going, Audra leans back and surveys the alley, and Yoshiki moves to the nearby corner. Seeing nothing, he moves to take a look down the longer wall when movement catches his eye. A form comes sailing through the air, sliding into the mud.

An acolyte of Owbej, robes torn nearly to shreds and bloody, lays there. His mask slides off as he impacts the ground, and though his features are swollen from a severe beating, you can still recognize Thon.

A very large man steps from the trash-filled alley from which Thon flew. A beast of a man in hide armor covered by stained and worn clothing, his face is misshapen from what were most likely multiple brawls without proper healing afterward. He sneers, smacking the end of his greatclub in his meaty hands.

"You left something behind when you robbed my house and killed my kin." he growls. Despite the absence of robe and mask, the voice confirms what the imposing frame might have suggested: Tarkan has found you.

[sblock=ooc]Surprise round. The party has initiative, but only Yoshiki can act this round, as everyone else is surprised.

Elenka, Drev, and Quioan were all explicitly trying to make out sounds from inside, so in addition to lower rolls, I decided they took a penalty to notice Tarkan as if distracted.

Audra would have made it, but the low-light penalty bumped her out.

I've made guesses about placement based on fluff, but we can adjust within reason (no one's going to convince me they were across the alley and in perfect flanking position, for example. ;) )[/sblock]

GM: Yoshiki up

Attachments

• Tarkan Battle.jpg
    Tarkan Battle.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 88

Remove ads