• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Distant Relations

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 4)

With a quick glance, he notices Drev right behind him. His best bet is to probably bring him out into the open. Yo drops into a fighting stance and with his outstretched hand, he gestures for Tarkan to come to him. He says loud enough for the others to hear. "No loss, he wasn't ours. Come here so I can do the same to you as I did to your master!"

[sblock=Actions]
Ready Action: If Tarkan comes within range, perform unarmed strike using combat expertise to fight defensively. (-1 Atk/+1 AC) AC now 24.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Ministats]Initiative: +4
AC: 24 Touch 20 Flatfooted 18
HP: 28/28
CMB: +8 CMD: 23 Fort: +4 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+2 vs. Enchantment)
Defensive Abilities: Evasion, Deflect Arrows, Brooch of Shielding
Speed: 40 ft

Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor (+4 Armor bonus to AC), Combat Expertise (-1 Atk/+1 Dodge to AC)
Elemental Fist: 0/4 remaining
Ki Pool: 0/5 remaining
Expenditures: 50 gp
Additional Equipment: 2 flasks alchemist's fire, 10 silver holy symbols, 2 ledgers, 22 PP.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Even in the dim light, you can all see the reddening of Tarkan's face. The veins on his neck bulge, making his already-gruesome appearance even worse.

"I'm going to eat your throat out! All your throats!" he bellows, spittle flying. He barrels forward, greatclub held over his head. The raging charge makes an easy target for Yoshiki, but the priest of Owbej barely seems to register the blow.

Meanwhile, fueled by rage and the momentum of his reckless maneuver, Tarkan's greatclub manages to break through Yoshiki's defenses. The sound of crunching bones is unmistakable.

[sblock= Actions and status]Free: Begin Rage
Standard: Charge attack Yoshiki (-2 AC, +2 attack).
Readied action triggered, Yoshiki hits Tarkan for 4 damage
Tarkan hits Yoshiki. 9 damage to Yoshiki

Status

Tarkan (AC 12): 4 damage (slightly wounded), Charge (-2 AC, AC 10 in round 1), Rage round 1

Audra: 21/23, Mage Armor
Elenka: 28/30
Drev: 28/29
Quioan: 21/24
Yoshiki: 19/28, Mage Armor[/sblock]

GM: Everyone including Yoshiki can now act in round 1

Attachments

• Tarkan Battle.jpg
    Tarkan Battle.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 84

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra, despite being visually challenged, hears and sees most of what goes on. When Yo goes on the offensive, he's instincts are just a moment better than her own. She begins moving, hopping over the small stream of filthy water that runs down the alley. She is almost to her chosen spot when she hears the sickening crunch of Yo's bones, muscle and sinew. Undeterred, she moves into position, eyes widening at the sheer mass of this guy, and swings away with her battered Nunchuku. Her attack misses, making a wooshing sound as one end of the nunchuku flies past his massive skull.

[sblock=action]Move to H7, Single Attack with Nunchucks[/sblock]

[sblock=Audra Quickstats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20* Touch 19* Flatfooted 14
AC Enhanced by spell from Elenka: Mage Armor

HP: 21/23
CMB: +4 CMD: 19 Fort: +4 Reflex: +7^ Will: +6
Defensive Abilities: Evasion

Weapon: Nunchucks: +4, Damage 1d6+1, Crit x2, Special FoB (+3/+3) , Bludgeon/Disarm

Shocking Fist: 3 per day, 2 remaining

Ki Pool: 3/2 remaining
^ - Hasted by Elenka (4 rounds) - Expired [/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Artur, flurry of blows is a full-round action. Audra can't move and flurry, unless I'm missing an ability or feat? If not, only the first attack stands. On the upside, her attack bonus without FoB is +5, which bumps the attack up to 10, meaning she hit with it given Tarkan's AC penalty from charging.[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Artur, flurry of blows is a full-round action. Audra can't move and flurry, unless I'm missing an ability or feat? If not, only the first attack stands. On the upside, her attack bonus without FoB is +5, which bumps the attack up to 10, meaning she hit with it given Tarkan's AC penalty from charging.[/sblock]

[sblock=JK]Whoops. Corrected, just sorta ignore the second roll. Attack is a miss. Attack with the nunchucks is only a +4, not a +5 (that's only for her unarmed strike) Invisible Castle is the die roller from the web that is accepted, right?[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Tarkan... Elenka is taken aback by his sudden appearance and is glad that they followed after Inar. She'd hate for the nice Genevieve to have her place smashed up in what looks to be a knock-down brawl. She doesn't want to get within range of that massive club but she knows she won't be able to keep Drevezh'korol back. She reaches out and touches the wood wose on the shoulder and chants words of power from her homeland...

"Bronyevoy Mag!"

For a moment Drevezh'korol is surrounded by a gleaming blue-white force that matches the runes upon his and Elenka's foreheads. It rapidly fades but the magical protection it provides remains even though it is not visible. When Elenka is finished with her spell she moves to the other side of the alley being sure to stay clear of Tarkan. She draws her terbutje as she goes.

Drevezh'korol waits a moment to see if Quioan is going to fire an arrow at the big thug. Once Quioan has fired or done something else then Drevezh'korol will step up to engage Tarkan.

"You gonna get a mouthful of splinters, meat."

The big wood wose pummels the thug. The force of the blow is staggering...

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
Elenka
Standard: cast Mage Armor on Drevezh'korol
Move: to G6
Free draw terbutje

Drevezh'korol
Free: Delay until Quioan has fired (or it becomes obvious he's going to do something else)
Free: 5 ft step to I7
Standard: Slam attack: 1d20+8=24, 1d8+6=13 13 dmg. Yay!
Free: Combat Manuever - Push: 1d20+7=16 Tarkan moved back 5 ft if successful against a CMD 16
[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 4
Initiative: +2 Perception: +6

AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed) [19 w/Shield]
HP: 30 Current: 28
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand: terbutje
Spells:
1st level: 1/4 remaining.
2nd level: 0/2 remaining.
Special: Summon Monster 2 5/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +1 Perception: +0; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 17 (11 touch; 16 flat-footed) [21 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 29 Current: 28
CMB: +7 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +3

In Hand: --
Conditions: Mage Armor[/sblock]

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 4)

Cringing in pain as the giant club comes down on his shoulder. His left arm hurting painfully and probably out of commission. Careless fighter, leaves himself wide open. Gotta take 'em down quick!

As Drev pounds him, Yo leaps in the air and with a one-two pair of unexpected kicks, he gives his injured arm a rest. Both feet clock him hard under the chin gives his head severe whip-lash from the powerful blows. He lands 5 feet further north than where he jumped from. "Speaking of throats..." he says through heavy breath.
[sblock=Actions]
Free Action: 5-foot step to J-6
Full Round Action: Flurry of Blows with Combat Expertise (-1 Atk/+1 AC)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Ministats]Initiative: +4
AC: 24 Touch 20 Flatfooted 18
HP: 19/28
CMB: +8 CMD: 23 Fort: +4 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+2 vs. Enchantment)
Defensive Abilities: Evasion, Deflect Arrows, Brooch of Shielding

Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor (+4 Armor bonus to AC), Combat Expertise (-1 Atk/+1 Dodge to AC)
Elemental Fist: 0/4 remaining
Ki Pool: 0/5 remaining
Expenditures: 50 gp
Additional Equipment: 2 flasks alchemist's fire, 10 silver holy symbols, 2 ledgers, 22 PP.
[/sblock]
OOC: Monk power still better! :)

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
GM: Since Drev's action is delayed to after Quioan's, I'm not going to resolve anything on those attacks until after Qik has a chance to post.

Qik

First Post
Distracted by his attempt to discern the goings-ons of Inar's meeting, Quioan is left flat-footed at the appearance and attack of Tarkan. Recovering, the elf realizes who they're being attacked by even as he draws his bow. Now this...this, I'm going to enjoy, he thinks. He had hoped for the opportunity to give this man his due ever since they first met.

The elf feels the rush of satisfaction as his arrow catches the enraged man squarely in the side, a feeling which grows as his companions beset the bully.
[sblock=Actions]Thanks for holding Drev, GlassEye. ;)

5' step to I-11, attack. Forgot the +1 to the attack from PBS, but it doesn't matter. Damage includes PBS.

Also: I haven't *quite* finalized my leveling, the all the combat-relevant items are complete. Quioan gained 9 HP in the level, so I assume that applies here. Sorry for dragging my feet on that![/sblock][sblock=Stats]Quioan Scorchsong HP: 30/33
AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat-footed: 12)
CMD: 20
Fort: +3, Ref: +8, Will: +4
Perception: +10
Spells:
- 0: Light, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation
- 1: Mage Armor (*cast*), Vanish, Shield
Bonded Item: Used
Consumables: Wand of CLW (9 charges)
Active Magic: None[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads