• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Distant Relations

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 4)

With the giant thug down, Yo relaxes. It is then that he realizes just how much his shoulder and arm hurt. He reflexively holds his left arm with this right hand and winces. But the mention of Thon brings him back to the present. "Quioan, anything left in that wand of yours?" he says as he moves to Thon's side and kneels down to examine the extent of his wounds.

[sblock=Ministats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 Touch 19 Flatfooted 18
HP: 19/28
CMB: +8 CMD: 23 Fort: +4 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+2 vs. Enchantment)
Defensive Abilities: Evasion, Deflect Arrows, Brooch of Shielding
Speed: 40 ft

Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor (+4 Armor bonus to AC)
Elemental Fist: 0/4 remaining
Ki Pool: 0/5 remaining
Expenditures: 50 gp
Additional Equipment: 2 flasks alchemist's fire, 10 silver holy symbols, 2 ledgers, 22 PP.
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Drevezh'korol rushes to Elenka to make sure she is all right. Elenka tries to smile reassuringly but with blood in her mouth making her teeth gruesomely red it is not reassuring him at all.

"I'll heal, Drev, I'll heal." She looks over where Yo is checking on Thon and pushes her eidolon in that direction. "Go. Make sure he's ok. I'm fine."

Reluctantly, Drevezh'korol follows Elenka's commands and kneels down next to Yoshiki to also look Thon over. Since the man is unconscious Drevezh'korol immediately begins first aid to stabilize him if he isn't already dead.

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
Elenka

Drevezh'korol
Heal (first aid): 1d20+14=30
[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 4
Initiative: +2 Perception: +6

AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed) [19 w/Shield]
HP: 30 Current: 11
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand: terbutje
Spells:
1st level: 1/4 remaining.
2nd level: 0/2 remaining.
Special: Summon Monster 2 5/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +1 Perception: +0; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 17 (11 touch; 16 flat-footed) [21 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 29 Current: 28
CMB: +7 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +3

In Hand: --
Conditions: Mage Armor[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Yoshiki has a hard time assessing the young man's injuries, though he catches the shallowest of breathing. Drev's arrival assures that the breathing continues. The wood wode can see that the young half-elf took a massive beating, but is soon stabilized with the eidolon's healing lore.

deisenhut

First Post

Yoshiki nods thanks to Drev as he stands to leave the healing job to the expert. He turns to Quioan and Audra. "Tarkan came out of a door to the side of the building. Inar may still be in danger." He moves towards the side where he original saw the barbarian.

Additional Equipment: 2 flasks alchemist's fire, 10 silver holy symbols, 2 ledgers, 22 PP.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Yoshiki nods thanks to Drev as he stands to leave the healing job to the expert. He turns to Quioan and Audra. "Tarkan came out of a door to the side of the building. Inar may still be in danger." He moves towards the side where he original saw the barbarian.

Afraid my narrative descriptions failed again. Yoshiki caught sight of Tarkan moving as he was returning from checking the corner, but Tarkan / Thon were coming from the alley opposite. On the battle map, the building with the door is where Inar went; Tarkan emerged from the garbage-strewn alley across the way.

Apologies for confusing things again. :([/sblock]

deisenhut

First Post

OOC: Sorry about that... Belay my last.

Yoshiki nods thanks to Drev as he stands to leave the healing job to the expert. He turns to Quioan and Audra as he glances down at the dead barbarian. "We must have been spotted us coming here." says Yo, gesturing down that the beastly man. "I'm going to check out the immediate area to make sure there aren't any more surprises."

And with that, Yo stealthily moves away into the night, holding his injured left arm as he does so. He will make a loop around the building.

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Mea Culpa

Yoshiki's recon shows no more signs of cultists lurking about, and as he returns to the others tending their own wounds and Thon's, the door of the meeting chamber bursts open with another triumphant holler from Inar.

The jubilant man in the bearskin cloak stops in shock as he notes the bloody corpse in the midst of a much more ragged crew than he left shortly before.

"What in the hells happened here?" he asks.

[sblock=Mea Culpa]As I'm going through and trying to calculate everything for the tail end here, I'm discovering I over-treasurefied you. You avoided the really treasure-heavy area in the temple (and thus a non-plot-based encounter), so I sprinkled a bit of that into the Herald's rooms, but didn't calculate it well enough. The end result is, even with time gold, you're actually carrying more than you should have.

I think I have a way to divest some of that from you that's reasonable in character, so you can get what you're keeping approved by a judge, but I wanted to warn you now and apologize in advance. That'll learn me to improv treasure re-distribution. :blush:[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Retribution," mutters Elenka.

She says nothing else as she leans up against the wall and gazes across the alley.

[sblock=Actions/OOC]Are you sure? My calculations of Elenka's TBG is roughly 2,800 gold. That means you would have had to have overpayed around 7,500 gold (assuming an avg. TBG of 2,500 gp for each of the three of us who've been here from the beginning; Audra's is much less, of course)... Anyway, the only treasure I've actually added to Elenka's sheet is a potion of CLW (already used) and the two alchemist's fires. Would it be too difficult to just edit the treasure?

[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 4
Initiative: +2 Perception: +6

AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed) [19 w/Shield]
HP: 30 Current: 11
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand: terbutje
Spells:
1st level: 1/4 remaining.
2nd level: 0/2 remaining.
Special: Summon Monster 2 5/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +1 Perception: +0; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 17 (11 touch; 16 flat-footed) [21 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 29 Current: 28
CMB: +7 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +3

In Hand: --
Conditions: Mage Armor[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Are you sure? My calculations of Elenka's TBG is roughly 2,800 gold. That means you would have had to have overpayed around 7,500 gold (assuming an avg. TBG of 2,500 gp for each of the three of us who've been here from the beginning; Audra's is much less, of course)... Anyway, the only treasure I've actually added to Elenka's sheet is a potion of CLW (already used) and the two alchemist's fires. Would it be too difficult to just edit the treasure?

By my calculations, you'll have gotten 12200 encounter XP when we're all said and done, I get 22005.6 gp in treasure, roughly 9800 more than a 1:1 coverage would get you, which was what I think (from looking over other threads) is what we're meant to be aiming for. And, yes, I also gave myself a headache for not properly figuring things out prior to Audra joining, but that's a whole other issue.

The fact that the melee fighters in the group all use either their fists or specialized weapons, though, makes this a bit easier for me, I think. My plan involves an in-character reason to ask the PCs to surrender the two magical melee weapons, which I will be reasonably well-motivated and I don't think anyone will miss. That subtraction should take everything back to a place where I can use TBG to account for what else you have (even Audra, I think).

But I won't be trading those weapons out for their matching gold, and I wanted to be upfront about that for anyone who'd already started doing their own gp math and planning purchases.[/sblock]

deisenhut

First Post

"I believe there was dinner waiting for us still" says Yo to everyone. He glances at Inar as he continues, "And about my expenses..."

[/sblock]

Remove ads