[LPF] Distant Relations

jkason

First Post
"If this third ledger's to be believed, I'm not sure she is coming back," Inar answers to the questions concerning the priestess, then waves it off. "But we can worry about her in a minute. This one, though..." he turns his gaze to Thon, who blushes further, though whether from the inspection or Elenka's ministrations is unclear. Inar considers a moment, then shrugs.

"If you lot vouch for him, I should be able to get him out of most of the trouble," he says, then smiles with a wicked glint in his eye.

"And trouble, the Cult of Owbej now has plenty of. While you lot were out here taking out the garbage, we had a little purge of our own. The officials in the cult's pockets will have a lot of wiggling to do if they're going to get out from under the charges against them. And as for Owbej, as of about a minute ago, worship of The Living God is officially outlawed in Martna. We're rounding up any cultists who are stupid enough to stay in town and identify themselves. But first, we hit the temple.

"Who's up for a really, really big bonfire?"
At this point, the wicked grin threatens to split the ranger's face in two, it's grown so wide.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra tilts her head thoughtfully.

I'm sure Genevieve would be grateful for some help. It'd give him a good place to start fresh.

This she offers to Inar before quirking an eyebrow.

Master Halaran always says that it is sloppy to leave a job only partly done. Safe to assume that steps have been taken to deal with the rabble gathered at The River's Tears?

She remains with her back flat against the wall, her eyes still moving left and right, even as she talks, as if she might expect another surprise to come romping down the alleyway in the near dark.

Qik

First Post
"Who's up for a really, really big bonfire?" At this point, the wicked grin threatens to split the ranger's face in two, it's grown so wide.

Quioan returns Inar's smile. "I'd be happy to join you," he answers in his own wickedly malicious tone.

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 4)

As Inar's grin threatens to tear his face in two, Yo expresses restraint. "There is probably still much wealth stashed around that temple, wealth that was stolen from the good people of Martna. It should be collected and used for the benefit of the town and it's people. Burning it all to the ground as a quick reprisal may feel good in the moment, but it may not be the best course of action in the long run."

[sblock=Ministats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 Touch 19 Flatfooted 18
HP: 19/28
CMB: +8 CMD: 23 Fort: +4 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+2 vs. Enchantment)
Defensive Abilities: Evasion, Deflect Arrows, Brooch of Shielding
Speed: 40 ft

Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor (+4 Armor bonus to AC)
Elemental Fist: 0/4 remaining
Ki Pool: 0/5 remaining
Expenditures: 50 gp
Additional Equipment: 2 flasks alchemist's fire, 10 silver holy symbols, 2 ledgers, 22 PP.
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka seems to agree with Yoshiki as she nods when he makes his objection.

"Whatever happens, the longer we delay here the more likely other members are to escape and with the stored wealth of the cult."

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
none
[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 4
Initiative: +2 Perception: +6

AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed) [19 w/Shield]
HP: 30 Current: 11
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand: terbutje
Spells:
1st level: 1/4 remaining.
2nd level: 0/2 remaining.
Special: Summon Monster 2 5/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +1 Perception: +0; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 17 (11 touch; 16 flat-footed) [21 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 29 Current: 28
CMB: +7 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +3

In Hand: --
Conditions: Mage Armor[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Inar nods to Audra, Yoshiki, and Elenka's cautions.

"I sent my men word the second the council vote was counted. They're already rounding up or routing who they can, and should be clearing out Owbej's coffers as we speak. I figured you lot seem to have gone through more than enough for this town ya don't even hail from. Thought we'd leave the heavy lifting to my rangers now that we don't have to be circumspect about it any more."

"Um ... who's Genevieve?" Thon says, several beats behind everyone else, though he does finally seem to be regaining his bearings. He stands and divests himself of what's left of his ragged robes, which he throws over the corspe of Tarkan as a kind of final rebellion. Tarkan's face finally covered, a look of relief crosses Thon's own.

Inar chuckles and slaps Thon on the shoulder.

"If you thought Tarkan was one you didn't want to cross, Genevieve is the real taskmaster," he says lightly. "Trust me. You do not want to get on the wrong end of a cast iron skillet when that one's feeling crossed."

Thon gives his own nervous laugh at the tale as Inar, arm around the young man's shoulder in a gesture of comeraderie, starts making his way toward the temple. Thon looks back to the lot of you, eyebrows raised. It's unclear if he's more nervous about Inar, Genevieve, or heading back to the temple.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra gives a soft giggle at Inar's good natured warning to Thon.

You don't have to worry too much, I wouldn't think. As long as you keep her away from the sweetbreads.

She rubs the side of her head as if in remembering something, with a slight smile, before sighing and following along behind the Ranger.

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 4)

"I could go for some sweetbread right about now. And just about anything else she's made." Rubbing his shoulder, Yoshiki follows along as well. With a quick glance back, "You guys coming?"

[sblock=Ministats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 Touch 19 Flatfooted 18
HP: 19/28
CMB: +8 CMD: 23 Fort: +4 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+2 vs. Enchantment)
Defensive Abilities: Evasion, Deflect Arrows, Brooch of Shielding
Speed: 40 ft

Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor (+4 Armor bonus to AC)
Elemental Fist: 0/4 remaining
Ki Pool: 0/5 remaining
Expenditures: 50 gp
Additional Equipment: 2 flasks alchemist's fire, 10 silver holy symbols, 2 ledgers, 22 PP.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Since we're out of the 'urgent need to move forward' phase, I'll hold off the next post until after GlassEye has a chance to post. I figure there are maybe two or three posts left to wrap things up, depending on folks' responses to things.

In the meanwhile, here's what I've worked out so far vis-a-vis treasure (with thanks to GlassEye for the expected GP work:

[sblock=Expected Encounter Gold]Eels: 600 xp; Expected 800 gp
Halfling Pirates: 1,600 xp; Expected 2,300 gp
Baker mess: 1,200 xp; Expected 1,700 gp
Divided amongst Anna, Elenka, Quioan, & Yoshiki: 850 xp; Encounter GP s/b 1,200 each

Spiders: 400 xp; Expected 400 gp
Divided amongst Elenka, Quioan, & Yoshiki: 133 xp; Encounter GP s/b 133 each

Temple Bash: 4,400 xp; Expected 4,725 gp
Tarkan: 1,600 xp; Expected 2,300 gp
Story Award: 2,400 xp; Expected 3,000 gp
Divided amongst Audra, Elenka, Quioan, & Yoshiki: 2,100 xp; Encounter GP s/b 2506.25 each

Encounter gold awards Elenka, Quioan, Yoshiki: 3839.25 each[/sblock]

Now, here's what I have as "already distributed." I tried to breakdown how much each PC "should" get, subtract out what he or she already has, then lay out the remainder. I haven't calculated time gp yet, since I'm holding off until I can mark the last day, but you should be able to get a good estimate using the wiki and dates / numbers from the first post on time XP.

[sblock=Treasure distribution thus far, per character]
Anna (1200 gp encounter + X gp time):

256.29 gp, CLW potion (50 gp), 2 flasks alchemist's fire (40 gp), baker pay in (-25 gp)

Total already taken: 321.29 gp

Remain: 853.71 encounter + time gp

Elenka (3839.25 gp encounter + X gp time):

256.29 gp, CLW potion (50 gp), 2 flasks alchemist's fire (40 gp), baker pay in (-25 gp)

Total already taken: 321.29 gp

Remain: 3517.96 gp + time gp

Quioan (3839.25 gp + X gp time):

256.29 gp, CLW potion (50 gp), 2 flasks alchemist's fire (40 gp), CLW wand (375 gp), baker pay in (-25 gp), potion of invisibility (300 gp)

Total already taken / used: 996.29

Remain: 2842.96 gp + time gp

Yoshiki (3839.25 gp encounter + X gp time):

256.29 gp, CLW potion (50 gp), 2 flasks alchemist's fire (40 gp), baker pay in (-25 gp), oil of invisibility (300 gp)

Total already taken: 621.29

Remain: 3217.96 gp + time gp

Audra (2506.25 gp encounter + X gp time):

Total Already taken: 0

Remain: 2506.25 gp + time gp[/sblock]

Now, as I said a few posts ago, I think the easiest way to break up the rest will just be for folks to straight-up buy what they want with 'their' gold. Your coin payout, then, will be what you have left over. For reference, here's what's currently unclaimed from your looting of the upstairs / enemies. I've excised non-magical gear from cultists, since you can get any of that for the same price without having to roll at the Pearl. It's still listed in the first post, though, if you want to have your characters get any of it from the loot mound:

[sblock=Items available (price)]

a pair of silver dice (5 gp).
scroll of prayer (375 gp)
brooch of shielding (85 points) (1262.4 gp)
potion of cure light wounds (6) (50 gp each)
potion of cure moderate wounds (2) (300 gp each)
potion of stabilize (25 gp)
+1 studded leather armor (3) (1,175 gp each)
Wand of shield (42 charges) (630 gp)
Ring of protection +1 (2000 gp)
+1 greatclub (2305 GP)
+1 cold iron heavy mace (4624 GP)
potion of gaseous form (750 GP)
23 silver holy symbols (each for a separate religion) (575 GP total)
bag of holding (type I) (2500 GP)
silver raven figurine of wonderous power (3800 gp)[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads