[LPF] Distant Relations

Qik

First Post
"The good word is 'food,'" smiles Quioan, in a flash of rare mischeviousness, before returning in earnest to the mound of food before him.

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 4)

"That does sound good. Hopefully there is some left." Yo sits down across from Quioan and flags someone down to get some of the good stuff brought over. "Heard from the girls yet?"

[sblock=Ministats]Initiative: +4
AC: 19 Touch 19 Flatfooted 14
HP: 23/28
CMB: +8 CMD: 23 Fort: +4 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+2 vs. Enchantment)
Defensive Abilities: Evasion, Deflect Arrows, Brooch of Shielding
Speed: 40 ft

Conditions in Effect: None
Elemental Fist: 4/4 remaining
Ki Pool: 5/5 remaining
Additional Equipment: 2 flasks alchemist's fire
[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Quioan shakes his head, his mouth presently occupied with bacon. When it's free again: "No, they haven't come down yet. Enjoying the lie-in, no doubt. Better get down here soon, though, before we've finished our share and moved on to theirs."

Perhaps it's the resolution of their mission, but the elf feels unusually giddy this morning.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra awakens from sleeping soundly and looks around the room. All still seems to be in order. Noticing that Elenka is sleeping fitfully in her own bed, Audra arises, stretches for what feels like ten minutes but is only perhaps 3 seconds, and then grabs her stuff. After shrugging into some somewhat clean clothes, she quietly gathers her gear on her bed. With that accomplished, she walks over to a corner where she can sit with her back against the wall and settles, kneeling, leaning to her heels, back against the wall, and meditates. A she completes her meditation, she opens one eye and finds the room pretty much as she had seen it last. She smiles and gets to her feet, puts on her soft boots and hesitates a moment, unsure if she should awaken the Summoner or let her sleep. She decides on the latter, given what Elenka has just gone through, and slides out of the room, trying to close the door as quietly as she can. She turns around and stops in the hallway. Her head tilts back, she takes a deep breath....

Oh, Gods...sweetbreads.

She giggles at some private joke and pads to and down the stairs. She descends into the main dining hall and spots the boys eating everything in sight. This causes an amused grin before walks over and joins them.

I see the two of you rested well enough to find your appetites.

She slides into a seat and catches someone's eye with a raised hand. Before long, food and drink arrive for her and she smiles hungrily.

Gotta load up now. Long trip back home.

Grabbing a fork, she stabs a bite of something that looks as if it might be a biscuit, though it has enough ham an gravy on it to make it nearly unidentifiable. This is rammed into her mouth and chewed, causing the flame haired monk to smile.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka wakes with the sun streaming through her window and onto her face. Which she finds particularly strange since her window is facing the west. Is it really after noon? She sits up and rubs her face pushing her mussed hair back into some semblance of neatness. She determines that it really is that late and so she commences brushing out the tangles and getting dressed. Finally ready to face the world she gingerly descends the stairs into the common room.

Seeing her traveling companions, no, her friends already around a table eating, talking and laughing she smiles and joins them.

"Ahhh... Afternoon, I guess." Seeing her friends have already made a sizable dent in the food on the table Elenka grabs a small wedge of well-aged cheese, cuts off a sliver and pops it into her mouth. She motions to the wait staff for a cup, takes a sip of the wine and sighs in contentment.

[sblock=Actions/OOC]Sorry for the delay!
[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 4
Initiative: +2 Perception: +6

AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed) [19 w/Shield]
HP: 30 Current: 15
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand: cheese!
Spells:
1st level: 1/4 remaining.
2nd level: 0/2 remaining.
Special: Summon Monster 2 5/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +1 Perception: +0; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 17 (11 touch; 16 flat-footed) [21 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 29 Current: 28
CMB: +7 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +3

In Hand: --
Conditions: Mage Armor[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Brunch at The Eel's Belly is a much different affair from meals in the mess hall of the temple. There, a group of masked and anonymous recruits shoveled down tasteless fuel in a dank basement for a hard day.

Here, the sun gleaming through the windows, there are nothing but open, friendly, familiar faces. Inar, all burly cheer. Genevieve, her cutting wit clearly used with affection. Gratis, joining the Eel's mistress to provide custom-baked deliciousness with his family's dramatic flair.

Even Thon, though still a bit jumpy and nervous, shows signs of relaxing in this far more nurturing environment.

Once Elenka joins the party, Inar stands, holding up his glass for a toast.

"Martna's been full of secrets and backstabbing for far too long, and she owes you lot a grand debt for your help in cutting out the cancer. And your little friend," he adds, nodding to Thon.

Genevieve elbows Inar.

"And Genevieve and the feasthall for giving us a safe place to meet," he adds.

Gratis lets out a hurt little whimper.

"And Gratis Dimplecotton for his soon to be famous antidote-rolls."

Before the lady of the Eel can express any objection, he throws in, "Hells, here's to everyone and to Owbej's quick and welcome exit!"

Those assembled, finally, have the chance to add their own "here, here," to the toast and drink to the success of the mission.

"We're still not sure about the high priestess, but we have our best people working on that third ledger. Most of the references are pretty vague, and it sounds like her chances of making it out the other end are pretty slim, but if nothing else, she won't have Martna to come home to after whatever deadly quest she's gone on.

"Though you lot have a hearty welcome here whenever you feel like another long trip out from Venza. And even if you don't come back, the city council wanted to give this little gift."

Inar hefts a sizable bag onto the table, which lands with the unmistakable clank of coin.

"Courtesy Owbej's coffers," he clarifies. "Was the least they could offer.

"Renlow won't be back through Martna for probably another month, but there's any number of other ships around which would be more than happy to take you back up to Venza."

"Venza?" Thon pipes in, quickly swallowing the cinnamon-covered roll he was devouring. "Da always told me my mum's aunt lived up there. Great-Auntie F. Worked in some uppity noble house. What was it called ... Gabby something or other. Ah, she wouldn't know me from a hole in the wall, anyway. Prolly just another of Da's drunken stories."

The meal and the conversation continues at a leisurely pace until all gathered have had their fill of both, at which point, for the first time in quite a while, the party's time and actions are finally once again their own to dictate.

GM: You're all welcome to keep chatting folk up as you like, but with a relieved wiping of my brow, I'm going to call this little shindig complete. For taking down the cult of Owbej, the party receives a final story award as a CR6 encounter: 2400 xp split amongst the four of you. Below should be the final awards. Other than already-split or used items, I've listed everything strictly in terms of gold, though I'll re-list here the items available for 'purchase' with your gold if you prefer:

[sblock=Treasure available (Price)]a pair of silver dice (5 gp).
scroll of prayer (375 gp)
brooch of shielding (85 points) (1262.4 gp)
potion of cure light wounds (64) (50 gp each)
potion of cure moderate wounds (2) (300 gp each)
potion of stabilize (25 gp)
+1 studded leather armor (3) (1,175 gp each)
Wand of shield (42 charges) (630 gp)
Ring of protection +1 (2000 gp)
+1 greatclub (2305 GP)
+1 cold iron heavy mace (4624 GP)
potion of gaseous form (750 GP)
23 silver holy symbols (each for a separate religion) (575 GP total)
bag of holding (type I) (2500 GP)
silver raven figurine of wonderous power (3800 gp)[/sblock]

[sblock=Anna]Anna: 4757 starting XP (level 3)
Level 4 on 11/12/2011

Encounter XP: 850
Time XP (9/26/2011-12/29/2011): 1739

Total XP: 2589

Final XP Total: 7346 (level 4)

Encounter Treasure: CLW potion (50 gp), 2 flasks alchemist's fire (40 gp), baker pay in (-25 gp), 1100 gp
Time GP (9/26/2011-12/29/2011): 1974 gp[/sblock]

[sblock=Audra]Audra: Starting XP 3700 (3rd level)
4th level 2/25/2012

Encounter XP: 2100
Time XP (1/2/2012-2/27/2012): 854

Total XP: 2954

Final XP Total: 6654 (Level 4)

Encounter Treasure: Ring of Protection +1 (2000 gp), Potion CLW x2 (100 gp), 406.25 gp
Time Gold (1/2/2012-2/27/2012): 968 gp[/sblock]

[sblock=Elenka]Elenka: Starting XP 3550 (level 3)
Level 4 on 1/2/2012

Encounter XP: 3083
Time XP (9/26/2011-2/27/2012): 2702

Total XP: 5785

Final XP Total: 9335 (Level 4)

Encounter Treasure: CLW potion (50 gp), 2 flasks alchemist's fire (40 gp), baker pay in (-25 gp), Silver Raven Figurine of Wondrous Power (3800 gp total - 3774.25 GP from encounter GP, 25.75 gp from Time GP - see note next line)
Time GP (9/26/2011-2/27/2012): Figurine buy-in (25.75 gp), 3040.25 gp[/sblock]

[sblock=Quioan]Quioan: Starting XP 3227 (Level 2)
Level 3 on 9/30/2011
Level 4 on 2/8/2012

Time XP (9/26/2011-2/27/2012): 2427

Total XP: 5510

Final XP Total: 8737 XP (Level 4)

Encounter Treasure: CLW potion (50 gp), 2 flasks alchemist's fire (40 gp), CLW wand (375 gp), baker pay in (-25 gp), potion of invisibility (300 gp), 3099.25 gp

Time GP (9/26/2011-2/27/2012): 2746 gp[/sblock]

[sblock=Yoshiki]Yoshiki: Starting XP 5135 (Level 3)
Level 4 on 10/17/2011
Level 5 on 2/8/2012

Time XP (9/26/2011-2/27/2012): 3336

Total XP: 6419

Final XP Total: 11554 (Level 5)

Encounter Treasure: CLW potion (50 gp), 2 flasks alchemist's fire (40 gp), baker pay in (-25 gp), oil of invisibility (300 gp), 3474.25 gp

Time GP (9/26/2011-2/27/2012): 3796 gp[/sblock]

GM: I'm going to update the first post next, then swing back over to the adventure thread to try to talk a judge into approving it all. Thanks to all of you for putting up with the slog in the middle. As I may have mentioned before, the original adventure was designed to be even more plodding. There were all sorts of exhaustion checks to make during a normal day, then two more random 'tests' the PC's were supposed to pass before they started looking upstairs, but I think one was more than enough to get you guys ready to loot and pillage Owbej for the greater good!

Feel free to ask any 'behind the curtain' questions if there are any, as well. Otherwise, it's been great trying to kill you all. We'll have to do it again sometime. ;)

Last edited:

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
OOC: Woohoo! I wish I hadn't left the plan for Audra's level 4 at home now. :p Thanks for letting me slink in with you guys so near the end to fill in. It was fun. And now Audra will have a thing for wanting to beat up any canines made of fire she come across. :D

I will deduct 2000 for the ring and 100 for 2 CLW pots. That's 2100g. So she'll have a take home of 1374.25 from this adventure. Should stock the coffers of the Diamond Heart for a bit. :)

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka greatly enjoys the food, the conversation and the company of all her friends new and old. She continues to eat and drink and talk and with nothing else pressing to do it continues late into the day.

Responding to Thon she says, "I have no desire to travel back to Venza immediately. I'd like to explore Martna a bit; didn't get to see much of the city before we were sent into the cult, and I'm sure I could use a guide. When I do travel back you are welcome to travel along. Venza is a beautiful city. Most of it, anyway."

OOC: Greatly enjoyed that, jkason! It was a pleasure adventuring with you all. Elenka will take the Figurine of Wondrous Power and deduct that amount from her share of the gold. The rest she'll take in coin as there are a few things I'd like to try to equip her with.

jkason

First Post
Responding to Thon she says, "I have no desire to travel back to Venza immediately. I'd like to explore Martna a bit; didn't get to see much of the city before we were sent into the cult, and I'm sure I could use a guide. When I do travel back you are welcome to travel along. Venza is a beautiful city. Most of it, anyway."

Thon brightens at the suggestion. "Can't say that I ever went to the richer parts of town, but I sure know Martna's streets," he says, the unspoken reference to his homelessness prior to the cult made with a fair amount of lightness. "There's plenty to see, especially for a local hero," he finishes with a grin.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Thon's grin is infectious and much more appealing than the cloak of sullenness he wore as a defense mechanism when they first met at the cult recruitment meeting. Elenka smiles back and nods pleased he accepted he suggestion.

"Good! Maybe we can convince the others to enjoy Martna's sights with us."

Remove ads