[LPF] Distant Relations

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=ooc]hope I can remember bbcode...been working in html all day. From the Encounter XP, Audra is 200xp from doing the level dance. As for the items, Audra would like...

+1 Ring (2000 gp)
2 CLW potions (100 gp)

Another question as well...is there a symbol of Sapo in the 23 recovered silver ones? She might consider carrying one around, for comfort more than anything else. If not, then no sweat :)

Wish I'd had a chance to adventure with you guys more. Maybe another time we'll get the chance. Thanks for letting me jump in and join the fun, JK.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka lets Inar lead them all to wherever they happen to be going; the temple, she thinks, to help with the wrap-up of the cult. Drevezh'korol follows closely behind keeping an eye on Elenka and looking out for further danger.

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
NP, jkason. I've done enough with the numbers/charts that it really isn't too bad anymore. And Mowgli's excel Adventure Tracker helps things out considerably. I highly recommend its use (I use it to keep track of my characters' advancement as well as the games I DM).

Also, still looking over the treasure list deciding how much I want to take of what is there...
[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 4
Initiative: +2 Perception: +6

AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed) [19 w/Shield]
HP: 30 Current: 11
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand: terbutje
Spells:
1st level: 1/4 remaining.
2nd level: 0/2 remaining.
Special: Summon Monster 2 5/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +1 Perception: +0; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 17 (11 touch; 16 flat-footed) [21 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 29 Current: 28
CMB: +7 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +3

In Hand: --
Conditions: Mage Armor[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
By the time the party, lead by Inar and the befuddled Thon, make it back to the center of town and the temple, the ranger's assurances seem well founded. Several rangers guard a large pile of valuables apparently recovered from within the temple, with a bruised-but-otherwise-healthy pair joining them to add to the pile.

Over near the Tears, the barkeep you remember and a small handful of white-robed (but now maskless) individuals are being lead off in chains. One of the bruised rangers rushes over at the sight of Inar and gives him a salute.

"That's the last room cleared out, sir. Nasty bit of business with a golem down there by the coffers, but we took care of it. Hans even disabled the electric trap on the big mask, and we pried out the gemstones there."

Inar nods. "If that's all the rooms clear, then you know what to do. The clerics are ready with water to contain, yes?"

The man nods.

"Then light 'er up!"

It's not long before the once-impressive structure of the temple of Owbej makes an even more impressive, gigantic blaze in the center of Martna. The precaution of the clerics is a good one, as embers from the massive structure more than once drift on the night wind. But as they're prepared for it, there's little to no damage. And, as the blaze spreads upward, so does news of the change spread outward, such that the height of the burning sees the middle of Martna filled more than at the height of the day. Citizens from all walks of life gather in what becomes its own impromptu Festival of The Burning Temple. A festival whose attention quickly falls to the party, whose hands are shaken and backs clapped enough to be as sore from the congratulations as they are from their evenings' battles.

[sblock=ooc]Unless there's something pressing you guys want to resolve the night of the fire, I'll probably transition y'all to morning and your 'morning after' with the next post.

GE, on the spreadsheet, I thought that didn't work except as an xlsx file? I can only open those at work (and even then I have to downcovert), since I use google docs and openoffice for home. I don't really have call to use spreadsheets enough to justify buying office for myself when there's been generally-workable freeware available that did what I needed. I'll have to give it a looking over at home, though, and see if I can get it to play well with others...[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Quioan does his best to receive the thanks of the city's population graciously, although there's something about the whole situation that makes him uneasy. Maybe it's just too close to their fighting for their life for him to be comfortable with anything right now. Nevertheless, he tries his best to appreciate the impressive sight of the blazing temple, which surely is getting the send-off it deserves, as he thinks back over the last month and then some, letting it all sink in.

[sblock=OOC]Thanks for handling the number crunching, jk; I can only imagine how it is for an adventure this long.

Really enjoyed the outing with you all; it was a good group, on all levels.

Don't really want anything for Q; I'll just take the cash.[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra tries to separate herself from the others by a few steps as the revelers begin their true hearted rain of thank yous and adoration upon the three she had the pleasure of working with. She manages to get all of about a half dozen steps before a hand slams down upon her shoulder stopping her cold with a wince. She looks around into the eyes of someone she's never seen before, whose smile is as bright as the bonfire. Before she can speak, a glass of wine is thrust into her hand and the fellow wades off into the celebration, randomly grabbing people and handing them glasses and pouring from a rather large wineskin. She turns back to where the others are besieged and raises her wine glass to them. She holds it a moment and then realizes the small zone of silence round her. Those with drinking vessels are holding them toward the party in a silent toast. Audra smiles and completes the toast, downing the wine and then immediately regretting it as she starts to cough. As the throng around the party begins to thin she slides back in, though not without a few people nearly breaking her shoulder, back, arm, elbow and assorted ribs. She gets within earshot of Inar and calls out.

Looks like business is going to be light tomorrow morning!

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 4)

When the first man slaps him on the back, Yo winces as the pain from his injury in the earlier fight courses through his body. He then does his best to keep his left shoulder away from anyone, though the wine does help numb the pain a bit.

Eventually, as the crowd dies down, Yo finds the others and asks when they seem to have some amount of privacy, "Do you think its safe to stay at the inn? Everyone in this town knows who we are now and there are those about who would want to see us dead. But I could go for a good night's sleep."

[sblock=Ministats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 Touch 19 Flatfooted 18
HP: 19/28
CMB: +8 CMD: 23 Fort: +4 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+2 vs. Enchantment)
Defensive Abilities: Evasion, Deflect Arrows, Brooch of Shielding
Speed: 40 ft

Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor (+4 Armor bonus to AC)
Elemental Fist: 0/4 remaining
Ki Pool: 0/5 remaining
Expenditures: 50 gp
Additional Equipment: 2 flasks alchemist's fire, 10 silver holy symbols, 2 ledgers, 22 PP.
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka joins in the festivities dancing round the fire with the residents of Martna, drinking and generally burning off the stress of the previous weeks of being undercover in the cult. She drags Dimplecotton into a dance, then Thon and Quioan and Yoshiki and even manages to drag Drevezh'korol from where he lurks at the edges of the crowd into a lumbering dance with steps from her not-so-distant homeland.

Later she responds to Yoshiki's question. "Keep your door locked. You'll be with Quioan and I'll share a room with Audra. We should be safe enough."

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 4
Initiative: +2 Perception: +6

AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed) [19 w/Shield]
HP: 30 Current: 11
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand: terbutje
Spells:
1st level: 1/4 remaining.
2nd level: 0/2 remaining.
Special: Summon Monster 2 5/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +1 Perception: +0; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 17 (11 touch; 16 flat-footed) [21 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 29 Current: 28
CMB: +7 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +3

In Hand: --
Conditions: Mage Armor[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
The revelry at last ends, and despite any nerves leftover from the harrowing night and the paranoia-inducing time in the temple, the party finally has to sleep. They make their way back to The Eel’s Belly, who's proprietress is more than happy to put them up for free. They have just enough energy left to lock their doors, then all four of the saviors of Martna collapse on their beds.

It's nearly afternoon by the time they finally awake and slowly gather their wits. The first one out startles a cleaned-up Thon, who smiles.

"Inar wanted me to wait 'til you woke. There'll be food ready downstairs whenever you lot are," he says, hustling down the stairs. The smell of warm, sweet pastries wafts up the stairwell as the young half-elf runs downstairs.

Qik

First Post
Stretching in the early afternoon sun, Quioan sneaks out of his and Yoshiki's room, taking care not to wake the monk. He's a bit abashed at all the attention the group is receiving - he certainly didn't sign on to this job intending to be a savior of a small town - but after a week's worth of gruel he's in no position to resist the temptations he can smell as he follows Thon on down the stairs.

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 4)

When he finally awakes, he notices Quioan is already up and gone. He rubs his shoulder that is still rather tender before standing up and starting his morning stretches and meditation. He feels a little stiff from the intense workout after a week of pretending to be who he wasn't.

He decides to go for a quick soak before getting dressing in his robes that need a good cleaning. Heading downstairs, he finds the others already finishing up their breakfast... or lunch, or whatever time meal it is. "I slept like a rock. What's the good word?"

[sblock=Ministats]Initiative: +4
AC: 19 Touch 19 Flatfooted 14
HP: 23/28
CMB: +8 CMD: 23 Fort: +4 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+2 vs. Enchantment)
Defensive Abilities: Evasion, Deflect Arrows, Brooch of Shielding
Speed: 40 ft

Conditions in Effect: None
Elemental Fist: 4/4 remaining
Ki Pool: 5/5 remaining
Additional Equipment: 2 flasks alchemist's fire
[/sblock]

Remove ads