[LPF] Distant Relations

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=JK]Wow, here we go...one day I'm off but get busy with RL stuff everyone can post. :D Love it. :) Catching up can be a hoot. Picturing Elenka with the crimson teeth did make me laugh.

Anyway. Audra won't care about the weapons not belonging to the party. As a player, I don't have a problem with it either. Audra, ICly, would be more than happy to see them go to Inar and his crew to help them defend their city should the Cultists try again.[/sblock]

Audra has put her nunchucks back into their pocket on her backpack and resumed her lean on the wall near the door, her eyes scanning thisway and that, letting the others tend to Thon and their own injuries while she stays alert in case....she is caught by surprise as the door swings open to Inar bellowing. She can't help but smile a little when the Summoner sums up the corpse of Tarkan laying in the rivulet of muck and some blood. Yoshiki's mention of dinner also grabs her attention. However she remains near the wall, to the side of things, and remains silent.

Qik

First Post
Seeing that Elenka's wounds aren't terminal, Quioan hurries over to where Yoshiki is inspecting Thon. Silently, the elf removes the curing wand from his pack and uses enough charges to bring the half-elf back to consciousness. Afterwards he turns the wand on Elenka, and anyone else who needs its attention.

At Inar's appearance, Quioan opts to be more straight-forwardly informative than his companions. "One of the cultists - the one who handled new recruits - managed to find us, somehow." Glancing over at the Tarkan's lifeless form, the elf adds, without emotion, "Looks like he bit off a little more than he could chew."

[sblock=OOC]No worries about that treasure, jk, that can be a lot to juggle. I'm pretty sure Quioan's just going to cash out, anyway, so I'm not worried about how the numbers will fall.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]GE's been helping with my lacking math skills, and this may all work out yet. We'll see. What I'll probably end up doing at the end is giving what your GP total is with time GP (and minus treasure you may have already used), then listing the treasure haul and letting folks buy as they see fit given their available funds. Especially with a swap out mid-adventure that I didn't 'total out' for, that may be the sanest option. And I think it'll work in-character for what's to come in the wrap up[/sblock]

Inar stands gaping a moment as he surveys the scene. He seems taken aback by the pale, pretty young woman's apparent coldness, though Quioan's expansion makes everything clear. Inar nods.

"Then he got what was coming to him, I expect. I'll get my boys to clean up this mess. Captured his underling alive, then, did you?" he says, glowering down at the half-elf who is just now coming to.

"Underling?" Thon says, befuddled as he regains consciousness in strange surroundings.

"Wanna play dumb, you might've wanted to take the robes off first, boy," Inar says coolly.

[sblock=ooc]It only takes one charge to wake Thon. No need to roll it so long as you note it.

[MENTION=6673727]Qik[/MENTION], I'm holding off awarding final XP until Quioan is approved for level 4, since I believe he's ineligible to receive it otherwise? If you're planning to retire him (I know at one point you'd mentioned it), I suppose it's not an issue, then, since he'll lose everything above the 4th level mark in the transition, I believe. Just let me know.[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Quioan had almost forgotten about Thon until Inar addressed him. Unable of how to summarize the situation for Inar, he says cryptically, "Actually, that was Tarkan's doing," before turning to the half-elf. "Thon, what happened?"

[sblock=OOC]Yeah, I've been pretty slack about that. :blush:

I'll get my approval in for level 4 asap, but don't let that hold up issuing the rewards for the rest. I'm going to take a little break from Quioan, anyway, until I figure out what to do with him. I think a few weeks off'll give me an idea if he's a character I want to continue with or not.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
GM: I realized this encounter levels at least one PC, anyway, so since Qik's okay with it, I'll throw it out there. Tarkan was ostensibly a CR 5 encounter.

1,600 xp total, 400 xp per PC.

His only treasure was the +1 greatclub with which he gave a good bonking or two before you guys trounced him.

By my calcuations,time xp actually bumped Yoshiki to level 5 in the middle of the fight or just a smidge before it (2/10) @ 10,004 xp.

This encounter + time xp gets Audra only 50 xp short of the 6000 she needs to level, so she'll level in 4 days from time xp even if I haven't given out the final story award by then (which I'm selfishly hoarding to the end of the story. :) )

Inar stumbles a bit in his severity as it becomes clear from Quioan's behavior that he doesn't see Thon as a threat. The young half elf hesitates a moment, looking around. He starts a bit as he sees Tarkan's body, though recognizing the man is dead seems to give him some modicum of new courage.

"After I got out of the worship hall, I realized what a fool I'd been, but I knew I wouldn't be any help against the priests and the monsters.

"I went downstairs, then, to try to distract the acolyte on patrol down there. I didn't want you to have any more reinforcements to deal with. I told him the whole temple had been overrun and we needed to hide, and it sort of worked. He even showed me a secret tunnel, except then I guess he figured out I was scamming him.

"I managed to knock him out, and ran up to tell all you about the tunnel, but by then ... well, there wasn't anything but bodies by then. I ran for the tunnel again, but Tarkan had come through. Found all those bodies and just me alive and not a scratch on me, and ... well ... "

The young half-elf's face goes red and he hangs his head.

"I wanted to be brave, but he ... I told him. About you lot and the fight. He dragged me 'long with him until he caught sight of that one in his bear cloak, and I recognized you, but he threw me up against a wall to keep me from yelling out.

"Next thing I knew..."
Thon gestures to the greusome remains of the once-intimidating Tarkan.

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 4)

[sblock=ooc]Yo actually started this adventure as 3rd level and made level 4 on the barge. I'll handle up'ing to level 5 after this adventure is over. It'll be easier that way.[/sblock]
Yoshiki listens as Thon tells his side of the story. He nods and says, "You did good kid. I'm glad you finally realized that they were using you all along." Turning back to Inar, "What is going to happen when the Priestess returns from her trip?"
[sblock=Ministats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 Touch 19 Flatfooted 18
HP: 19/28
CMB: +8 CMD: 23 Fort: +4 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+2 vs. Enchantment)
Defensive Abilities: Evasion, Deflect Arrows, Brooch of Shielding
Speed: 40 ft

Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor (+4 Armor bonus to AC)
Elemental Fist: 0/4 remaining
Ki Pool: 0/5 remaining
Expenditures: 50 gp
Additional Equipment: 2 flasks alchemist's fire, 10 silver holy symbols, 2 ledgers, 22 PP.
[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
"She's going to have an aneurysm, that's what," quips Quioan, before turning to Inar as if to allow the man to give the more real-life answer.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=Hail Qik!]Congrats on your 1,000th and 1,001st posts, both of which you made this morning! *tosses confetti and hands over a cupcake*[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=Thanks!]Hah! I did give it a celebratory look of accomplishment.

Here's to the next 1000![/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka moves over to Thon and goes all mother hen on him checking his face for bruises and cuts and making sure that he is okay.

"I'm so sorry, Thon. We wanted to bring you into our confidence... When you ran off we thought you had made your decision. If we had known we would have gone looking for you." Turning to Inar she'll continue. "Thon is solid, he's just had a run of bad luck and the temple was the only place that offered him a hand."

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
none
[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 4
Initiative: +2 Perception: +6

AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed) [19 w/Shield]
HP: 30 Current: 11
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand: terbutje
Spells:
1st level: 1/4 remaining.
2nd level: 0/2 remaining.
Special: Summon Monster 2 5/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +1 Perception: +0; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 17 (11 touch; 16 flat-footed) [21 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 29 Current: 28
CMB: +7 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +3

In Hand: --
Conditions: Mage Armor[/sblock]

Remove ads