• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Distant Relations

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Artur: yes, Invisible Castle is fine for rolls.
Qik: Sorry for missing the HPs before. I went back to the healing wand post to get the values, and forgot about Quioan's level HP. Yes, he gets those. I saw you didn't pick a Favored Terrain, but since the PCs got initiative anyway, I don't think it impacts this battle.[/sblock]

Tarkan laughs as he dodges aside from the nunchuku attack, but he doesn't have time to gloat. Quiaon's arrow catches him, followed by the heavy slam of Elenka's wooden friend. Despite the power behind Drev's blow, Tarkan holds his ground. The effort to steady himself, however, makes it nearly effortless for Yoshiki to rain blows down on him. He stumbles a bit, his foot knocking on the prone Thon, who groans softly at the contact but doesn't move.

Tarkan's eyes, shaded heavily under his protruding brow, quickly sweep the crowd fighting him as he wipes blood from his mouth. He gives a bloody smile when he notes the matching runes glowing on both Drev and Elenka's foreheads.

"Woulda snapped you first, twig, but I think there's easier ways o' doing that," he says to Drev. He sidesteps to the summoner, and his club impacts so hard it looks as if Elenka bends in half unnaturally for a moment. He comes back around for a second swing, but Elenka's lucky enough that she doubles over in pain at just that moment, avoiding a braining, though her mouth is already filled with blood.

[sblock=actions]I knew Tarkan would be taking some hits, but 41 damage in one turn? Wowsers.

Tarkan: 5' step to H6. Full Attack (w/ Power Attack) vs. Elenka. First attack hits for 17 damage. He rolled a nat 1 on the second.

Status

Tarkan (AC 12, CMD > 16): 45 damage (heavily wounded), Rage round 2

Audra: 21/23, Mage Armor
Elenka: 11/30
Drev: 28/29, Mage Armor
Quioan: 30/33
Yoshiki: 19/28, Mage Armor[/sblock]

GM: PCs up

Attachments

• Tarkan Battle.jpg
    Tarkan Battle.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 87

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Okay, lets see if IC likes me better than the native roller.[/sblock]

Audra recoils from her miss, watching for her chance. She is a bit surprised from the pounding unloaded on him that the big behemoth doesn't drop down to one knee, but turns, moves with surprising speed and slams his club into Elenka. Audra's right foot slides back and sets. The nunchucks move to her left hand, held there for a moment she tries to time her attacks this time to catch him as he misses Elenka, the first shot from her nunchucks aimed again for the massive man's head, the second she tries to catch his barrel like chest when pulling back but short arms the attack so as not to put the Summoner at risk.

[sblock=Actions]Not needing to move, now, Audra will flurry.

Attack 1: 1d20+3=17, 1d6+1=2 (Booo minimal damage)

Attack 2: 1d20+3=8, 1d6+1=2
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Nothing that rolls likes me :p stupid single digit rolls. :D[/sblock]

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 4)

Turning your back to me, your fatal mistake! Yo's mind races as he watches Tarkan nearly kill Elenka. If that second blow had hit... No time to think further as he jumps into action, literally, stepping up and using the distraction of the others to deliver another pair of powerful kicks. Must make sure this behemoth goes down quickly!
[sblock=Actions]
Free Action: 5-foot step to I-6
Full Round Action: Flurry of Blows with Flanking
[/sblock]
[sblock=Ministats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 Touch 19 Flatfooted 18
HP: 19/28
CMB: +8 CMD: 23 Fort: +4 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+2 vs. Enchantment)
Defensive Abilities: Evasion, Deflect Arrows, Brooch of Shielding
Speed: 40 ft

Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor (+4 Armor bonus to AC)
Elemental Fist: 0/4 remaining
Ki Pool: 0/5 remaining
Expenditures: 50 gp
Additional Equipment: 2 flasks alchemist's fire, 10 silver holy symbols, 2 ledgers, 22 PP.
[/sblock]
OOC: BOOO!!!!

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
[sblock=Artur]Not trying to be bossy, but if Audra could take a step to the left, it would aid Quioan greatly.

No time to do it IC at the moment, but I wanted to mention it! ;)[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=Qik]When she moved here at the start of last turn, she left a spot open to attack him. This time she was a little more concerned about distracting him from squashing Elenka. :p Also, do you think you can talk to the die rollers about giving us better'n minimum damage? :p I mean, 3 hits from flurrying Monks, one a crit, and only 6 points of damage? That's just....[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Quioan calls out for Audra to give him an opening to shoot, but the woman doesn't seem to hear him as she engages Tarkan. Frustrated, the elf takes a step to the left once more in a vain attempt to find a clear shot, and then lets a pair of arrows fly. Despite firing into a crowd, Quioan is able to find his mark with both shots.
[sblock=Actions]I don't see why Audra can't do that whilst leaving Quioan a clear shot, but okay...

5' step to H10, Rapid Shot (2 attacks at +9 w/PBS).

Huzzah! The dice gods' favor returns. :)[/sblock][sblock=Stats]Quioan Scorchsong HP: 30/33
AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat-footed: 12)
CMD: 20
Fort: +3, Ref: +8, Will: +4
Perception: +10
Spells:
- 0: Light, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation
- 1: Mage Armor (*cast*), Vanish, Shield
Bonded Item: Used
Consumables: Wand of CLW (9 charges)
Active Magic: None[/sblock]

Last edited:

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=Actions]I don't see why Audra can't do that whilst leaving Quioan a clear shot, but okay...[/sblock]

[sblock=Reply]If you really want to have this conversation, you can PM me about it. Here's why...the guy stepped IN FRONT OF HER and lambasted Elenka nearly in half. The last thing In Character she's going to think is "Ooo, I need to move five feet this way so that the Half-Elf who is behind me and I have no idea where is can nail this punk with his arrows." No, her thought is "I need to distract him before he tries to finish what he started DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF ME." Oh, and good shooting. About time someone got above min damage. Drop his lard butt.[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka, naturally pale, pales even further in the aftereffects of Tarkan's attack. She has the instinct that something is broken inside. Despite that, a surge of hatred almost pushes Elenka to chop at Tarkan. But she realizes this is Drevezh'korol's job and that of her traveling companions, and so she backs away from the brute guarding herself as she goes.

Drevezh'korol watches the attack helplessly. He's worried, that's the worst blow he's seen Elenka take and even though he thinks they can take this beast out he isn't sure and a creature like this would go after the wounded out of sheer spite...

Drevezh'korol attacks again with heavy wooden fist...

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
Elenka
Full Round: withdraw to E5

Drevezh'korol

Free: --
Standard: Slam attack: 1d20+8=18, 1d8+6=11 11 dmg. vs AC 18
[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 4
Initiative: +2 Perception: +6

AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed) [19 w/Shield]
HP: 30 Current: 11
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +6

In Hand: terbutje
Spells:
1st level: 1/4 remaining.
2nd level: 0/2 remaining.
Special: Summon Monster 2 5/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +1 Perception: +0; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 17 (11 touch; 16 flat-footed) [21 w/Mage Armor]
HP: 29 Current: 28
CMB: +7 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +3

In Hand: --
Conditions: Mage Armor[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
And for your anti-climax...

Tarkan's bloodlust for Elenka obvious to them, the others assault en masse as Elenka tries to back out of range. Audra's blow grazes his chin as Yoshiki lands blows without quite the same power as his initial assault. Both attacks are enough, however, to open the man up to Quioan's swift arrow shots.

Tarkan stands there a moment, sucking in air with a wet sound, his face a mix of shock and anger. As he wavers, Elenka's wooden guardian deals his own wrath. There is a wet thunk and crunch as the wooden fist connects with the side of Tarkan's skull, and the massive task master from the temple falls to the ground. He draws quick, shallow breaths for a moment, fighting against the darkness, but as the red from his face drains into the large pool of blood beneath him, his eyes glaze over and he lies still.

GM: Yeowch! Like I said, I knew this wouldn't be as crazy a fight as the temple, but I didn't anticipate you guys would trounce him this soundly this fast. Probably shouldn't have let you get your second winds... ;)

Damage from the first 3 attacks this round took Tarkan to exactly 0 HP and disabled (he had 72 hp while raging). Drev's hit sends him to dying (-11), but it also ends his raging, effectively delivering another 12 damage with the loss of his THP from the rage. He is dead, dead, dead.

I'm going to hold off giving XP because someone can't have any yet ;), but congrats guys, you're officially in the denouement. :D

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra curses resets herself for another attack, watching Yo sneak in and deliver his final blows. 2 arrows sizzle from the dark over Audra's shoulder and slam solidly into the massive man. She looks back, eyes wide in surprise, but still sees the Drev move in and finish the job. She gives Qui a quick thumbs up for his accurate and will aimed archery before turning her attention to Elenka.

Someone check on Thon!

As she arrives at Elenka's side, she says in a low voice, obviously cracking a joke in post fight heat...

This sort of thing happen to you and your friends often?

Last edited:

Remove ads