• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Evil Unto Evil

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"He ist sprechin uf mein family!" his voice shakes as heat waves emminate off his hands. What ever is in his mind, It is fueling anger, a burning anger . . . . .

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien still had two arrows nocked and had proven that she was capable of dropping the undead creatures quickly. Since the pervert voice was indicating a more intelligent foe at work, she hoped there was some answers able to be gleaned from it.

“You appear to know much, evil one. But you cannot know all.”

“But even you must know that the wizard’s wall is only thing keeping me from turning you into a pin cushion.”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +19 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 72 Current: 69
CMB: +10 CMD: 29(22ff) Fort: +8 Reflex: +14 Will: +7
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 2/3 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards)[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
A loathsome grin creeps across "Armando's" rotting face while he (or her ... or it?) observes Heinrich's reaction. The grin vanishes as Eanos speaks, but it makes no move to circle around the wall of force. "They both killed me! Together! Treacherously!" it growls, clearly furious. "Even if one acted alone, then the other one failed me, and he deserves no mercy! I made this town! Every single life in it is mine by right and I will snuff them out one ... by one ... by one until MY KILLERS ARE DEAD!" the creature shrieks with unbridled rage. After a moment, it composes itself, and the grin returns. "Hah ... hah ... hah. Run back to Alfonse and Reginald and tell them I said that. Tell them I'm coming for my killers. Tell them that if one of them is truly innocent, he'd better ... let's say ... 'take care of business' with the other before I come calling for him."

It turns to focus on Tyrien as the archeress speaks, and the low, grating laugh comes again. "Hah ... hah ... hah. Do you still think this body means anything to me? Do you think I fear what lies beyond? Do you know how long I floated down there, Tyrien?" The remaining wight calmly reaches up to its own neck with its ragged claws, then calmly tears its own throat out. The body topples forward in a heap, its body crumpled against Heinrich's magical wall.

In the ensuing silence, Harry advances cautiously. "Holy hells," he whispers. "Is it over?"

wight_voice_2.jpg
BH_150.jpg

. Armando Faizal (?) . . . . Blind Harry . . . .

[sblock=Combat Information]Will need a Sense Motive from everyone here. Combat is now truly over and everything is dead. Will get XP up soon, since I'm pretty sure Heinrich and Eanos leveled.

EDIT: Edited for clarity.

Party Stats:
Heinrich.....33/38 HP remaining (Shield, Cat's Grace)
Tyrien.......69/72 HP remaining

Eanos........61/61 HP remaining

Enemy Stats:
Nom Raskey (AC11/9Touch/11FF): Dead
Wight 1 (AC15/11Touch/14FF): Dead
Wight 2 (AC15/11Touch/14FF): Dead
Wight 3 (AC15/11Touch/14FF): Dead
Wight 4(AC15/11Touch/14FF): Dead
Wight5(AC15/11Touch/14FF): Dead
Wight 6(AC15/11Touch/14FF): Dead
Wight 7(AC15/11Touch/14FF): Dead
Wight 8(AC15/11Touch/14FF): Dead
Wight 9(AC15/11Touch/14FF): Dead
Wight 10(AC15/11Touch/14FF): Dead[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich looks to blind harry and says, "It knows my family. Vee are not from here, how."

if Harry cold see he would be meetting the gaze of pleading eyes.

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

"Other world holds a lot of secrets we don't know, yes?" Eanos says as a vague attempt to answer Heinrich's uncertainty.

To Harry, he says, "This fight? Over. That thing is what it says it is, though, we're just getting started."

[sblock=ooc]Sense Motive w/ Silver Tongue (1d20+24=38)

Eanos had a Discern Lies round going, as well. Did that ping on anything our ghouly friend said?[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +8
AC: 23 (26 w/ SoF, 25 w/Prot Evil)
HP:61 Current: 55
Senses: Perception 17 (21 scent w/ Bloodhound), Sense Motive 20/24
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +6 (+8 w/ purity, +9 w/ Prot evil)
Reflex: +8 (+10 w/ purity, +11 w/ Prot evil)
Will: +9 (+11 w/ purity, +12 w/ Prot evil)
***-4 saves vs odor based effects w/ Bloodhound

Conditions:
* Deadeye's Lore (8 hours, +4 Survival, track at full speed)
* Bloodhound (8 hours, +4 Track stacks with Deadeye, +8 Scent Perception does NOT stack with Bracers' of Falcon's Aim, -4 save vs odor based effects)
* Protection from Evil (+2 ac & Saves vs. evil attacks) (8 minutes)

In Hand: Bow

Common Attacks:

+1 Seeking Comp. Longbow (Str +1)*: Attack: +13/+08 = [BAB (06/01)
+ DEX (05) + Magic (01) + Bracers (01)]
negates miss percentage chances
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x3^, range 110'
Spiritual Weapon (Sbow): Attack: +09/+04 = [BAB (06/01) + WIS (03)]
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 20/x3, range 170' Special: force / spell
All: +2 to hit / +2d6 damage when using Bane ability

* +1 to hit / damage within 30' (point blank shot),
* Deadly Aim available (-2 attack, +4 damage)
^ Crit range increased via Bracer's of Falcon's Aim

Arrows: 24/31
Blunt Arrows: 16/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 23/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining
Spider Climb (boots) minutes: 10/10 remaining

Used: none

Judgement (2 choice per): 1/3 Remaining
Determination: 2/3 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 3/6 remaining
Bane: 3/8 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 7/8 rounds remaining
Dimensional Hop: 65'/80' feet remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (1/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (3/4 remaining)(DC 15): Bloodhound, Invisibility, Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (2/2 remaining)(DC 16): Blessing of the Mole,* Dispel Magic, Prayer

* Stealth bonus not stackable with ioun stone

Random notes: Syndicate "code phrase": 'Reginald needs a bath.' - false phrase created by Sugar Sweet.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien frowned at the now dead creature after it tore its own throat out. During its ranting, she had been struck with an idea to deal with the whole situation.

“Oh, aye. This little battle appears to be over. Whether we truly won, I cannot say. Dead spirits talking with other dead spirits could reveal much about our lives, perhaps.”

“Tis rather uncomfortable to be sure.”

“Do you supposed we could speak with it again? Mayhap we could probably put the spirit to rest by convincing Alfonse and Reginald to bring their people here and let them all settle it once and for all.”

She was not sure if that would work or not, but it certainly was a better prospect to her than venturing into the crypts after more undead. Tyrien assumed that was going to be their next course of action and she had not enjoyed her last sojourn into a crypt.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +19 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 72 Current: 69
CMB: +10 CMD: 29(22ff) Fort: +8 Reflex: +14 Will: +7
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 2/3 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards)[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Harry blanches a little when Tyrien speaks. "Best not to use the 'R' word, ma'am," he says. "He much prefers 'Mr. King.' Or even just 'King.' He takes exception to being called Re-- to the other name, ma'am. Quite a lot of exception."

A look into the crypts reveals that they don't go particularly far back, and that the other bodies in there are both dead and inanimate. Neither the dead nor the undead seem to have anything in the way of weapons or wealth. However, the charred and broken corpse of Nom the gravedigger lies face down nearby, and a short distance away, you can see the rude shack that must have served as his home.

BH_150.jpg

. . . . Blind Harry . . . .

[sblock=OOC]The crypts are above ground and don't contain anything particularly interesting -- just figured I'd get that out of the way. The other undead and their master appear to be in some other location. At the moment, you have not searched Nom or his shack.[/sblock][sblock=Eanos]Discern Lies: No lies detected. Two rounds used.

Sense Motive: While he wasn't lying exactly, Armando is definitely unsure of who his killers were. That it was Cato, King, or both is supposition or speculation on his part. This is in stark contrast to everything else he said, where he was clearly privy to a lot of deep, dark secrets. His mentioning of the fire elementals to Eanos, for example, was clearly a reference to the burning of the camp in The Ties That Bind. It's interesting that he knows so many secrets so completely ... but he doesn't know the one thing that he really wants to know, and he's clearly bothered by it.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads