[LPF] From Whence None Return

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: good idea Jkason.

Also, V. has no further questions. he is just keeping an eye on the jungle druid . . .just in case, ya know!

kinem

Adventurer
Weel scoops up the magical items and begins having a cheerful conversation with them under his breath as he wanders toward the exit.

ooc: Note that Menik has already grabbed the scroll of locate object (post #32). He took it because he doesn't trust Weel not to use it on something stupid :p

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]Cratchen thinks for a moment, and then his face gets a little pale. "Ah, yes... I remember a Kyle trying to go after the staff. That was three or four years ago, before I sent you guys out to deal with Grimspiller. I didn't realize the two of you had the same last name. I would understand if you decided to change you mind about going after the bounty."

Trying to change the uncomfortable subject quickly, "Part of what makes a place hard to teleport into also makes it difficult to scry. Mages who understand the tricks of the trade always try to make sure those tricks cannot be used against them. Scrying on a barbarian cheiftan on the other hand, that is so easy to do. So, we don't know what awaits you on the inside. Then again, if we knew exactly how to get it, we wouldn't be offering you a bounty to bring it to us."
[/section]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
ooc: Note that Menik has already grabbed the scroll of locate object (post #32). He took it because he doesn't trust Weel not to use it on something stupid :p

This is, honestly, probably a sensible precaution. Well, okay, as a player I'd not want to waste a resource and so would probably find a way around it, but Weel's priorities are questionable at best, so it's always safe to assume he shouldn't be in charge of making Important Decisions. ;) [/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Menik replies grimly "Oh, I certainly have to go look, then. I'll bring him home one way or the other.

All right, let's go."

Menik takes the map and heads out.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem can't use any of the clerical magic items and sighs. "No one ever creates a magical garnish. It's always scrolls, rods and such. Someone tell me when a wizard creates a Honey Glaze of Restoration or Plum Pudding of Healing". Muttering further under his breath, he follows Menik out.

jbear

First Post
Outside Maui pushes himself off the wall he had been leaning against ending his chat with Vincenzo when the others emerge from the tavern. "Good," he smiles "te Big Talk is over. Now to te Swamp we can go." After a look at the map he nods and sets off with the party towards their destination unless anyone protests and wants to buy any supplies. The druid has little coin and would not even think to buy scrolls so going to the Pearl to stock up does not even occur to him.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"So, Maui. How much travel in the jungle has brought you through swamp?" The intent in the fighter's voice is not casual. Instead, there is genuine interest.

Satin Knights

First Post
The map shows that you can take about a day of the journey north on the Silver Road before you have to get off the beaten path and travel as the crow flies. As much of that area from that point on is swampy, horses might be more of a hindrance than a help.

Remove ads