[LPF] Return to Boar's Ridge

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=GM Notes]No worries, Coyote Code is okay. I have taken to rolling at MW myself, but I would not ask anyone to do that. There is also a built in roller here now. It is trickier to use, and you cannot add in new rolls on editing.

I inherited a bunch of little things on that map. The only items you need worry about in the bedroom for terrain purposes are the bed at V35/W36, the chair at V32, and the table at X30.

The floor is stone, so no worries on dropping the torch.[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

A small yip escapes Devlins lips as the crossbow bolts slip past him. Under his breath he thanks the gods for his small stature and attempts to run away quickly from the Kobold attempting to take a stab at him.

[sblock=actions]
Move=Q38 (Im guessing he will get a free swing at me?)
Action=Throw bomb at face of K4 1d20+7=13
Damage=1d6+3=8
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 17/17
CMB:+1 CMD: 14
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +1

Perception: +7
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 7/7
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity (+4 DEX +2 Nat Armor - 2 WIS)

Extracts Prepared: 1: Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: ___ 3:___
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture, Expeditious Retreat

Current Weapon in Hand: Sling - Loaded
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[sblock= Devlin's Journal]
Day 1 - Our journey hasn't yet to begin, but I am all aflutter with excitement. A man named Cratchen has hired us to go to a place near boar's ridge to help put down a few necromancer goblins that seem to have made their home there. Doesn't seem like the last set of adventurers did much good for the place. HE said he wants the place cleaned out completely and I think I have some ideas for that. (Scribbles of a mathematical formula are scribbled along the next couple of lines) Oh, my companions seem to be pretty strong. There is Yoseph, Muzdum, Darvus, and now Tamarie. I'm sure this will be a most exciting adventure thats for sure.

We have run into some most fascinating creatures on our way out of town. They look like a mix between horses and eagles. It seems to me they enjoy playing jokes on would be travelers though because they continue to laugh uncontrollably at our poor clerics misfortune. Note: These creatures would make magnificent mounts if they could be trained properly. I will have to do some research on a potion that would make them more docile. Note 2: I should also figure out what the creatures are called. Maybe some books will show me when we get back from our adventure.

We have finally stopped on our journey to Boar's Ridge, but sadly were unable to find an inn anywhere close by. I guess tonight my little tent will have to suffice. Anyways, the adventure has been pretty boring thus far, but I am excited to finally reach this place very soon. I truly wonder what type of great things we will see once we get there. Note: Do not forget to prepare my Nimble Cat Mutagen and Bomber's Eye/Targeted Bomb Admixture in the morning.
Day 2 – Well we found the hill and decided to camp out for the evening away from the structure, since supposedly skeletons and undead are more powerful at night (what rubbish!). Anyways in the morning we will be going into the structure to see what we can find and to clear it of any vile creatures that decided to take up residence. Note 1: I discovered 2 new concoctions on the way here that I am looking forward to trying. One will allow me to increase my speed exponentially and the other modifies my Mutagen slightly nearly turning me into a beast myself. With a few extra claws and teeth I should be able to do some damage to stuff if it decides to attack me.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

Yosephus stays where he is and casts a spell of healing upon himself.

[sblock=Action]Casting CLW on self Cure Light Wounds (1d8+2=7).[/sblock][sblock=Yosephus]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 17 touch)
HP: 14/19
CMB: +1 CMD: 11

Fort: +5 Reflex: +1 Will: +7
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +10
Initiative: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar
Channel Energy: 5/6
Spells:
Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Hide from Undead, Shield of Faith
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: ON
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdum_zpsaaea3a42.jpg

"Finally, something excitin' to do! Outta the way lass, drunk dwarf coming' through!"
the dwarf says, eagerly joining the melee. He sees the edge of Darvus' falichon chop away at the kobolds, and laughs in delight. "Darvus laddie, that was one hell'ofa cut! Well done! So excited he is that his first swing goes over the kobold's head. "Fer my grandpapa's beard!" he exclaims frustrated.

(advancing to t 33 through Tamarie and then attacking and missing. Not sure if Tunnel fighter bonus applies here. Either way its a big miss, but I think I got Tamarie and Yosephus covered.)
[sblock=Muzdum Blackrock]

Full sheet

Combat info:
Initiative: +4 (+2 in tunnels)
Speed: 20'
Defences
HP: 39/39 , AC: 22 (+4 vs giants)
AC touch 12, FF 18
Fort: +6 (+2 vs. Poisons, Spells & Spell-like abilities)
Will: +2 (+2 vs. Poisons, Spells & Spell-like abilities +2 vs. Fear)
Ref: +3 (+2 vs. Poisons, Spells & Spell-like abilities)
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (+4 vs Bull rush/trips on solid ground)

Attacks
In hand Dwarven Waraxe: Attack: +6 Damage: 1d10+3, Crit: 20/x3,
Throwing Axe: Attack: +5 Damage: 1d6+3, Crit: 20/x2, Special: Throw, 10' range incr.

Good skills:
Appraise +6; Climb +4; Knowledge (Dngnrng) +5; Knowledge (Engnrng) +5; Knowledge (History) +3; Profession (Smith ) +6; Survival +5; Swim +4.

Noteworthy stuff:
Quickdraw: Draw weapon as a free action
Combat reflexes: additional AoO
Hatred: +1 dmg to criticals when underground; +1 attk vs. orcs & goblinoids
Stonecunning: Dwarves receive a +2 bonus to Perception to notice unusual features in stonework
Darkvision: 60' vision in total darkness
Tunnel Fighter: +1 trait bonus on weapon damage rolls for critical hits (dmg multiplied)
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Kobold4_zps6a2e9a75.png

The combat evolved into a general melee with rest of the kobold tossing down crossbows in favor of their maces.

Darvus took a blow on his armor, but the metal head glanced off and did no real harm. One charged Devlin and he managed to dodge the wild swing.

The two facing the dwarf drew maces, but could not do much to harm the sturdy dwarf.

OOC: Combat: Round 2 – Everyone is up
[sblock=Map]Notes:
1. Small bodies are difficult terrain for small characters
RtBREnc2Map02_zps0f8bbde0.jpg
[/sblock][sblock=Combat Information]K4 missed AoO on Devlin
K1 missed Darvus
K4 Charged Devlin & Missed
K5 & K6 missed Muzdum

Initiative:
Kobolds
You Guys

Party Status:
16/20 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Darvus ~ falchion in hand
14/19 HP ~ AC 17 ~ Yosephus ~ morningstar
39/39 HP ~ AC 22 ~ Muzdum ~ waraxe
17/17 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Devlin ~
07/12 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Tamarie ~ MA 565r ~ Crossbow

Spells Cast: MA (Tam)
Abilities Used:
* Darvus: Smite Evil 0/1, Lay on Hands 0/4
* Yosephus: Chan Energy 1/6, Reb Death: 0/6, Resist Tch 0/6, Incorruptible 1/1, Spells 1st 1/4
* Devlin: Bombs 1/7, Mutagen (Dex) 0/1, Extracts 1st 0/3
* Tamarie: Heavenly Fire 2/7, Spells 1st 1/5
Conditions in effect: None

Enemy Status:
K1 [AC15, Touch 12, CMD11]: 11/11hp;
K4 [AC13, Touch 12, CMD11]: 3/11hp; Charged -2AC
K5 [AC15, Touch 12, CMD11]: 11/11hp;
K6 [AC15, Touch 12, CMD11]: 11/11hp;
[/sblock] [sblock=GM Note]@Voda Vosa, please link the rolls, even if you miss. Thanks.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdum_zpsaaea3a42.jpg

"Hmp! Ye could improve that clumsy technique creature, I could teach ye."
the dwarf says, "But then again, ye ain't gonna live through this, so I might as well kill ye now, cur!" Muzdum then proceeds to chop away at the kobold

(Attacking K5 with battleaxe:
[roll0]
[roll1])

[sblock=Muzdum Blackrock]

Full sheet

Combat info:
Initiative: +4 (+2 in tunnels)
Speed: 20'
Defences
HP: 39/39 , AC: 22 (+4 vs giants)
AC touch 12, FF 18
Fort: +6 (+2 vs. Poisons, Spells & Spell-like abilities)
Will: +2 (+2 vs. Poisons, Spells & Spell-like abilities +2 vs. Fear)
Ref: +3 (+2 vs. Poisons, Spells & Spell-like abilities)
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (+4 vs Bull rush/trips on solid ground)

Attacks
In hand Dwarven Waraxe: Attack: +6 Damage: 1d10+3, Crit: 20/x3,
Throwing Axe: Attack: +5 Damage: 1d6+3, Crit: 20/x2, Special: Throw, 10' range incr.

Good skills:
Appraise +6; Climb +4; Knowledge (Dngnrng) +5; Knowledge (Engnrng) +5; Knowledge (History) +3; Profession (Smith ) +6; Survival +5; Swim +4.

Noteworthy stuff:
Quickdraw: Draw weapon as a free action
Combat reflexes: additional AoO
Hatred: +1 dmg to criticals when underground; +1 attk vs. orcs & goblinoids
Stonecunning: Dwarves receive a +2 bonus to Perception to notice unusual features in stonework
Darkvision: 60' vision in total darkness
Tunnel Fighter: +1 trait bonus on weapon damage rolls for critical hits (dmg multiplied)
[/sblock]

Halivar

First Post
Darvus Andar, Paladin of Helerion

180px-OsareMaleHero1.png

Darvus tries to swing wildly at the upcoming kobold, but is unable to connect with the spry little foe. Nevertheless, he uses the attack as cover to position himself closer to his compatriots.

[sblock=Rolls & Actions]
R2: Power attack roll vs K1: 1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8
Take 5 foot step to Q33.

[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]Darvus Andar
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 16/20
CMB: +6 CMD: 17
Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +5

Perception: -1
Initiative: +1

Smite Evil: 1/1

Current Weapon in Hand: Falchion (+6, x2, 2d4+6) [Power Attack +5, x2, 2d4+9]

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Watching Mudzum charge into the fray, Tamarie relaxes her aim on the kobolds as the melee combatants begin weaving and dodging around. Straightening up, she sings a celestial tune and draws out the holy symbol of Amentia in the air, her body enveloping in fire as she does. When she is done, the wound dealt her by crossbow seems to be healed.

[sblock=Combat]Standard Action: Heavenly Fire (self, 4 points, total now 11)
Round 2 Heavenly Fire self heal: 1D4+1 = [3]+1 = 4[/sblock]
[sblock=Tamarie Mini Stats]Tamarie
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 11/12
CMB: +1 CMD: 13

Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +2

First Level spells remaining: 4/5
Heavenly Fire remaining: 4/7 (Darvus,Yosephus, Tamarie)
Bolts remaining: 18/20

Current Weapon in Hand: Crossbow(loaded)
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor, Light(dagger pommel)
Temporary items in possession: 1 bow and arrow set from sentry skeletons
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
Money: +50gp(retainer),-25gp(horse rental)[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

Yosephus steps up and swings at the closet kobold.

[sblock=Actions & Rolls]Actions: 5-foot step to T-32 and swing at K6 with morningstar.

Rolls: Attack roll (1d20+1=17)
Damage roll (1d8=3)[/sblock][sblock=Yosephus]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 17 touch)
HP: 14/19
CMB: +1 CMD: 11

Fort: +5 Reflex: +1 Will: +7
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +10
Initiative: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar
Channel Energy: 5/6
Spells:
Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Hide from Undead, Shield of Faith
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: ON
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

As the dust clears from the thrown bomb, Devlin dodges the attack from the Kobold's charge and attempts to pull his dagger and stab it into the the foul beast.

[sblock=actions]
Move=Draw Dagger
Attack K4 = 1d20+3=14 Damage = 1d3+1=4
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 17/17
CMB:+1 CMD: 14
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +1

Perception: +7
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 6/7
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity (+4 DEX +2 Nat Armor - 2 WIS)

Extracts Prepared: 1: Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: ___ 3:___
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture, Expeditious Retreat

Current Weapon in Hand: Dagger

Used Items:
None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[sblock= Devlin's Journal]
Day 1 - Our journey hasn't yet to begin, but I am all aflutter with excitement. A man named Cratchen has hired us to go to a place near boar's ridge to help put down a few necromancer goblins that seem to have made their home there. Doesn't seem like the last set of adventurers did much good for the place. HE said he wants the place cleaned out completely and I think I have some ideas for that. (Scribbles of a mathematical formula are scribbled along the next couple of lines) Oh, my companions seem to be pretty strong. There is Yoseph, Muzdum, Darvus, and now Tamarie. I'm sure this will be a most exciting adventure thats for sure.

We have run into some most fascinating creatures on our way out of town. They look like a mix between horses and eagles. It seems to me they enjoy playing jokes on would be travelers though because they continue to laugh uncontrollably at our poor clerics misfortune. Note: These creatures would make magnificent mounts if they could be trained properly. I will have to do some research on a potion that would make them more docile. Note 2: I should also figure out what the creatures are called. Maybe some books will show me when we get back from our adventure.

We have finally stopped on our journey to Boar's Ridge, but sadly were unable to find an inn anywhere close by. I guess tonight my little tent will have to suffice. Anyways, the adventure has been pretty boring thus far, but I am excited to finally reach this place very soon. I truly wonder what type of great things we will see once we get there. Note: Do not forget to prepare my Nimble Cat Mutagen and Bomber's Eye/Targeted Bomb Admixture in the morning.
Day 2 – Well we found the hill and decided to camp out for the evening away from the structure, since supposedly skeletons and undead are more powerful at night (what rubbish!). Anyways in the morning we will be going into the structure to see what we can find and to clear it of any vile creatures that decided to take up residence. Note 1: I discovered 2 new concoctions on the way here that I am looking forward to trying. One will allow me to increase my speed exponentially and the other modifies my Mutagen slightly nearly turning me into a beast myself. With a few extra claws and teeth I should be able to do some damage to stuff if it decides to attack me.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Remove ads