[LPF] Return to Boar's Ridge

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdum_zpsaaea3a42.jpg

"Hmp!"
protests the dwarf at the imitation "Well I think I can spot an odd floor tile if I put myself to it, lets hope there ain't much more traps ahead, lets move on." he declares after some thought.

Perception to detect traps related to the stonework: +3

[sblock=Muzdum Blackrock]

Full sheet

Combat info:
Initiative: +4 (+2 in tunnels)
Speed: 20'
Defences
HP: 39/39 , AC: 22 (+4 vs giants)
AC touch 12, FF 18
Fort: +6 (+2 vs. Poisons, Spells & Spell-like abilities)
Will: +2 (+2 vs. Poisons, Spells & Spell-like abilities +2 vs. Fear)
Ref: +3 (+2 vs. Poisons, Spells & Spell-like abilities)
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (+4 vs Bull rush/trips on solid ground)

Attacks
In hand Dwarven Waraxe: Attack: +6 Damage: 1d10+3, Crit: 20/x3,
Throwing Axe: Attack: +5 Damage: 1d6+3, Crit: 20/x2, Special: Throw, 10' range incr.

Good skills:
Appraise +6; Climb +4; Knowledge (Dngnrng) +5; Knowledge (Engnrng) +5; Knowledge (History) +3; Profession (Smith ) +6; Survival +5; Swim +4.

Noteworthy stuff:
Quickdraw: Draw weapon as a free action
Combat reflexes: additional AoO
Hatred: +1 dmg to criticals when underground; +1 attk vs. orcs & goblinoids
Stonecunning: Dwarves receive a +2 bonus to Perception to notice unusual features in stonework
Darkvision: 60' vision in total darkness
Tunnel Fighter: +1 trait bonus on weapon damage rolls for critical hits (dmg multiplied)
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

Yosephus nods to the dwarf. "I will follow you, Muzdum!"

[sblock=Position]P-34 is his current position since he backed away from the door.[/sblock][sblock=Yosephus]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 17 touch)
HP: 13/19
CMB: +1 CMD: 11

Fort: +5 Reflex: +1 Will: +7
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +10
Initiative: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar
Channel Energy: 5/6
Spells:
Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Hide from Undead, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: OFF
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock]

Last edited by a moderator:

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Following one Celestial chorus with the next, Tamarie traces out the symbol of Sapo, Venza's god of knowledge, into the air as she sings. At the completion of the song, the symbol lingers for just a moment before fading. Upon completion, she looks at the door again, albeit more closely, this time. "Hmmm."

[sblock=Action]Cast Detect Magic. Examine door to see if the magical trap that shocked Yosephus is still there. Stay in P-33.[/sblock]
[sblock=Tailspinner]Your picture linking is not resolving for me. I just get a ? graphic. I'm not sure the cause.[/sblock]
[sblock=Tamarie Mini Stats]Tamarie
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 7/7
CMB: +0 CMD: 12

Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +2
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +2

First Level spells remaining: 3/4
Heavenly Fire remaining: 5/7 (Darvus,Yosephus)
Bolts remaining: 19/20

Current Weapon in Hand: Crossbow(loaded)
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor, Light(dagger pommel)
Temporary items in possession: 1 bow and arrow set from sentry skeletons
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
Money: +50gp(retainer),-25gp(horse rental)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Whatever magical trap that discharged the electricity into Yosephus must have dissipated while you talked about it. Tamarie could not see any magical auras on the door. She also noted the longbow from the skeleton was mundane as well.

Opening the door revealed what looked like a bedroom inside, probably for someone important originally when the place was built. There were no immediate threats clearly visible.

To the left and right were walk-in closets with their doors ajar. Up ahead there was a bed barely visible and some book shelves on the far wall. From the hallway you could not see the far corners of the chamber.

The closets had no illumination sources. The bedroom area had two narrow windows to let in some daylight. But the was also a flickering light as from a flame, the actual source farther inside and not within view.

[sblock=Map]Notes:
1. You are on the second floor, the black areas are unexplored on your level.
2. You can see the roof of the first floor in some places
3. North the left side of the map, 1sq=5ft
RtBREnc2Map00B_zps704ece91.jpg
[/sblock][sblock=Combat Information]
Party Status:
20/20 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Darvus ~ falchion in hand
13/19 HP ~ AC 17 ~ Yosephus ~
39/39 HP ~ AC 22 ~ Muzdum ~ waraxe
17/17 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Devlin ~ bomb in hand
..7/7..HP ~ AC 16 ~ Tamarie ~ MA 570r ~ Crossbow

Spells Cast: MA (Tam)
Abilities Used:
* Darvus: Smite Evil 0/1, Lay on Hands 0/4
* Yosephus: Chan Energy 1/6, Reb Death: 0/6, Resist Tch 0/6, Incorruptible 1/1, Spells 1st 0/4
* Devlin: Bombs 0/7, Mutagen (Dex) 0/1, Extracts 1st 0/3
* Tamarie: Heavenly Fire 2/7, Spells 1st 1/4
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdum advances a few steps into the room, holding his axe at the ready. His populated eyebrows wave as his eyes dart from corner to corner.

OOC: Advancing to T33.

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

As Devlin finishes looking over his notes, he realizes the rest have gone ahead of him and rushes to catch up. Under his breathe he mumbles to himself a little,"I wish I had a few more minutes to study that trap before we went barging in. Could have been a fascinating find for my research." No one seems to care about the mumbling as he comes through the door noticing the room for the first time.

[sblock=ooc] Sorry on the lateness of my arrival. I thought this adventure had fallen apart and just noticed the messages and such. Should be good to go from here on in and thanks Perrinmiller for taking the reigns.

Also, are those torches outside andif so can I grab one so we can get a little more light inside? [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 17/17
CMB:+1 CMD: 14
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +1

Perception: +7
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 7/7
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity (+4 DEX +2 Nat Armor - 2 WIS)

Extracts Prepared: 1: Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: ___ 3:___
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture, Expeditious Retreat

Current Weapon in Hand: Sling - Loaded
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[sblock= Devlin's Journal]
Day 1 - Our journey hasn't yet to begin, but I am all aflutter with excitement. A man named Cratchen has hired us to go to a place near boar's ridge to help put down a few necromancer goblins that seem to have made their home there. Doesn't seem like the last set of adventurers did much good for the place. HE said he wants the place cleaned out completely and I think I have some ideas for that. (Scribbles of a mathematical formula are scribbled along the next couple of lines) Oh, my companions seem to be pretty strong. There is Yoseph, Muzdum, Darvus, and now Tamarie. I'm sure this will be a most exciting adventure thats for sure.

We have run into some most fascinating creatures on our way out of town. They look like a mix between horses and eagles. It seems to me they enjoy playing jokes on would be travelers though because they continue to laugh uncontrollably at our poor clerics misfortune. Note: These creatures would make magnificent mounts if they could be trained properly. I will have to do some research on a potion that would make them more docile. Note 2: I should also figure out what the creatures are called. Maybe some books will show me when we get back from our adventure.

We have finally stopped on our journey to Boar's Ridge, but sadly were unable to find an inn anywhere close by. I guess tonight my little tent will have to suffice. Anyways, the adventure has been pretty boring thus far, but I am excited to finally reach this place very soon. I truly wonder what type of great things we will see once we get there. Note: Do not forget to prepare my Nimble Cat Mutagen and Bomber's Eye/Targeted Bomb Admixture in the morning.
Day 2 – Well we found the hill and decided to camp out for the evening away from the structure, since supposedly skeletons and undead are more powerful at night (what rubbish!). Anyways in the morning we will be going into the structure to see what we can find and to clear it of any vile creatures that decided to take up residence. Note 1: I discovered 2 new concoctions on the way here that I am looking forward to trying. One will allow me to increase my speed exponentially and the other modifies my Mutagen slightly nearly turning me into a beast myself. With a few extra claws and teeth I should be able to do some damage to stuff if it decides to attack me.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Halivar

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Hey guys, Invisible Castle is giving me fits. I can't log in, and I'm not sure my previous rolls were even logged in. Is anyone successfully using it? Trying to log in and even trying to reset the password just takes me back to the log in page! As soon as I can get this straightened out I can jump back in. :([/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
As the group moves through the open door, Tamarie begins to step in the same direction, but then stops herself. Turning back to the closed door, she stares, somewhat vacantly, at the portal. She speaks as she does, her back to the group, "Assuming you could see it, Devlin... it may have been nice if we'd looked before it went off." She pauses a moment, then continues, "I have little experience with such things."

[sblock=Action]Make sure to examine the closed doors with Detect Magic before continuing with the group.[/sblock]
[sblock=Tamarie Mini Stats]Tamarie
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 7/7
CMB: +0 CMD: 12

Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +2
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +2

First Level spells remaining: 3/4
Heavenly Fire remaining: 5/7 (Darvus,Yosephus)
Bolts remaining: 19/20

Current Weapon in Hand: Crossbow(loaded)
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor, Light(dagger pommel)
Temporary items in possession: 1 bow and arrow set from sentry skeletons
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
Money: +50gp(retainer),-25gp(horse rental)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Muzdum moved into the room and could see into the closets. No one was present in them as near as he could tell. The one on his right (North) looked to be used for a makeshift bedroom with a bedroll and some fur blankets on the floor. He could see a little more of the rest of the bed, but not the source of the flickering light yet. There appeared to be some grotesque decorations on the wall opposite the entrance.

Delvin notes the torches outside and figures they could take one from a wall sconce to use. But he is too short to actually reach one himself.

Tamarie did not see any magical auras on the other set of double doors.

[sblock=Map]Notes:
1. You are on the second floor, the black areas are unexplored on your level.
2. You can see the roof of the first floor in some places
3. North the left side of the map, 1sq=5ft
RtBREnc2Map00C_zps7e4b7425.jpg
[/sblock][sblock=Combat Information]
Party Status:
20/20 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Darvus ~ falchion in hand
13/19 HP ~ AC 17 ~ Yosephus ~ morningstar
39/39 HP ~ AC 22 ~ Muzdum ~ waraxe
17/17 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Devlin ~ bomb in hand
..7/7..HP ~ AC 16 ~ Tamarie ~ MA 570r ~ Crossbow

Spells Cast: MA (Tam)
Abilities Used:
* Darvus: Smite Evil 0/1, Lay on Hands 0/4
* Yosephus: Chan Energy 1/6, Reb Death: 0/6, Resist Tch 0/6, Incorruptible 1/1, Spells 1st 0/4
* Devlin: Bombs 0/7, Mutagen (Dex) 0/1, Extracts 1st 0/3
* Tamarie: Heavenly Fire 2/7, Spells 1st 1/4
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock][sblock=GM Note]
Hey guys, Invisible Castle is giving me fits. I can't log in, and I'm not sure my previous rolls were even logged in. Is anyone successfully using it? Trying to log in and even trying to reset the password just takes me back to the log in page! As soon as I can get this straightened out I can jump back in. :(
You can just use Coyote Code instead. Invis Castle's outages are really bad for the last month.

There is also a built in roller here at EnWorld too. But it only works upon initial posting I think. You cannot edit a post to add in the roll.
[MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION], please follow my rules on Posting format.[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

Devlin glares at the torch just out of his reach and decides that if the group needs light, one of those more blessed vertically will be will to take hold of the torch. Shrugging and turning away, he steps towards the door to examine it further. "I do not have the same mastery of the arcane arts as you do my lady, but I will certainly take a look for more mundane traps.

Devlin pushes his glasses slightly farther onto his face as he begins examining the door for any signs of malicious intent.

[sblock=Perception for Traps (if that is correct)] move to P35 and 1d20+7=17 [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 17/17
CMB:+1 CMD: 14
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +1

Perception: +7
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 7/7
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity (+4 DEX +2 Nat Armor - 2 WIS)

Extracts Prepared: 1: Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: ___ 3:___
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture, Expeditious Retreat

Current Weapon in Hand: Sling - Loaded
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[sblock= Devlin's Journal]
Day 1 - Our journey hasn't yet to begin, but I am all aflutter with excitement. A man named Cratchen has hired us to go to a place near boar's ridge to help put down a few necromancer goblins that seem to have made their home there. Doesn't seem like the last set of adventurers did much good for the place. HE said he wants the place cleaned out completely and I think I have some ideas for that. (Scribbles of a mathematical formula are scribbled along the next couple of lines) Oh, my companions seem to be pretty strong. There is Yoseph, Muzdum, Darvus, and now Tamarie. I'm sure this will be a most exciting adventure thats for sure.

We have run into some most fascinating creatures on our way out of town. They look like a mix between horses and eagles. It seems to me they enjoy playing jokes on would be travelers though because they continue to laugh uncontrollably at our poor clerics misfortune. Note: These creatures would make magnificent mounts if they could be trained properly. I will have to do some research on a potion that would make them more docile. Note 2: I should also figure out what the creatures are called. Maybe some books will show me when we get back from our adventure.

We have finally stopped on our journey to Boar's Ridge, but sadly were unable to find an inn anywhere close by. I guess tonight my little tent will have to suffice. Anyways, the adventure has been pretty boring thus far, but I am excited to finally reach this place very soon. I truly wonder what type of great things we will see once we get there. Note: Do not forget to prepare my Nimble Cat Mutagen and Bomber's Eye/Targeted Bomb Admixture in the morning.
Day 2 – Well we found the hill and decided to camp out for the evening away from the structure, since supposedly skeletons and undead are more powerful at night (what rubbish!). Anyways in the morning we will be going into the structure to see what we can find and to clear it of any vile creatures that decided to take up residence. Note 1: I discovered 2 new concoctions on the way here that I am looking forward to trying. One will allow me to increase my speed exponentially and the other modifies my Mutagen slightly nearly turning me into a beast myself. With a few extra claws and teeth I should be able to do some damage to stuff if it decides to attack me.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Remove ads