M&M 3e: Young Justice!

Thejoshie

First Post
yay! Keep in mind we're still early DC here. Robin is still Dick Grayson and 13 years old. In fact, I'd recommend Barbara Gordon rather than Stephanie; the Oracle part may never happen, as this is an Elseworld/multiverse world. Or she could be a totally new version of Batgirl, maybe living in Wayne Manor itself?

Either way: it gives me a great reason to use the Batman Rogue's gallery!!! yeee! (frankly, I was planning on going that route anyway, but there you have it)

I'll do that, the Stephanie living in Wayne Manor idea. She was the daughter of Cluemaster, discovered batman's identity and he's been training her and Dick. Crisis comes along, and Batman brings dick, leaving her due her inexperiance.

And there you go.

Possibly Annie didn't see this side of him, but that's the impression I get from both the DCAU Justice League episode I watched the other night, and the Wonder Woman movie that came out on DVD (the DCAU version is way cool).

Yeah, I've seen both versions and I actually was counting on the fact you'd be using them! Which episode of JL did you watch, Paradise Lost from season 1 or The Balance from season 3? I ask because in Paradise Lost, Hades is clearly the big bad, while in The Balance, he's more the "evil that is necessary to the balance of the world" - plus the thing he hints at at the end (which I won't spoil in case you didn't see it yet) is sorta what gave me the idea for Annie.

I think I like the Hades in the Wonder Woman animated movie more: sinister, with his own agenda, but not overtly antagonistic or actively evil. As for as Annie is concerned, this is how she sees her father - he just has a bad rep because he doesn't understand the importance of good PR, and she deals with this in typical teenaged fashion: she's embarrassed to death by him. Whether or not he's actually an active villain is, of course, up to you - I hope he is!

Wonder Woman's approach would be an attempt to "rescue" Annie.

Thats exactly the way I wanted it; overly concerned, well meaning but self-righteous third party adult trying to save a wayward juvenile delinquent from an imagined bad future.

Keep in mind: Wonder Girl needs to enthusiastically *want* to be a hero; or prove herself; or something to keep her in the group. We can work on the motivation at some point. For whatever reason, she can't just be a "just there" character, or she'd never have left Amazon Island.

Why is she in "man's world" and how does she feel about being there?

How does she feel about being a super hero?

Well, I wanted to subvert the "Amazon Princess unfamiliar with Man's World" trope and instead have Annie be born and raised in Man's World - maybe till she was 10-12 or so, BEFORE she was brought to Paradise Island to begin her training. I think she'd be the eldest of the group, or up there in age, so I'd peg her at 17, spending 5+ years with Wonder Woman on the Island. She'd actually PREFER getting off the Island to go back to Man's World, because she's already been spoiled by the wonders of modern life - another reason why the Amazons don't particularly like or trust her.

Since the DC heroes are just starting out, maybe the Amazons had just dispatched Wonder Woman to Man's World as their emissary, leaving Annie with a new teacher who she can't stand - despite Wonder Woman being a rather stuck-up and stern teacher, Annie liked her. While Wonder Woman was establishing herself in Man's World, maybe Annie got into all sorts of rebellious teen trouble and ended up getting exiled - which is what she wanted, so she could regroup with Wonder Woman back in the "cooler" Man's World.

And despite the goth angle I'm going, she isn't emo - despite being the daughter of Hades, she's full of life and fun-loving. Think Death from the Sandman comics, but obviously without the wisdom; she wants to be a super hero like WW because its the right thing to do, and she hates seeing people suffer or get hurt. And she genuinely wants Wonder Woman to approve of her, even if she never will because of the whole Hades thing.

EDIT: Redid Wonder Girl to make her more a Powerhouse, since I see her as very strong and tough but not as skilled in fighting (yet). Got rid of her ranged capabilities and gave her some grab advantages... also gave her a Minion, a spirit dog named Cerbie who can smell life, turn insubstantial, and speak all languages, including with the dead! Not sure how you feel about minions, but I just think that having a pet dog would be awesome.

[sblock=Wonder Girl]
wg.jpg

Wonder Girl
Annie Thanadoridis
PL8 (120 points)

Abilities [64 points]:
STR 10, STA 8, AGI 4, DEX 2, FGT 4, INT 0, AWE 3, PRE 1

Powers [29 points]:
Amazon Bracelets: Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Feats (Uncanny Dodge), Enhanced Parry 2, Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 8, Sustained, Removable (-3 point) • 12 points
Amazonian Training: Speed 2 • 2 points
Headband of Hades: Array (12 points), Removable (-3 points)
  • Deathly Speed: Flight 6, Dynamic • 13 points
  • Invisibility: Concealment 6 (All Visual, All Aural), Dynamic • 2 points
  • Summon Cerberus: Summon 6, Mental Link, Move Activation • 1 point
Strength of the Underworld: Enhanced Strength 2, Limited to Lifting (Lifting Str12, 100 tons) • 2 points

Advantages [11 points]:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Attractive, Defensive Roll 2, Fast Grab, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improvised Weapons, Uncanny Dodge, Teamwork

Skills [13 points]:
Acrobatics 6 [+10], Close Combat: Unarmed 2 [+6], Insight 4 [+7], Perception 4 [+7], Persuasion 10 [+11]

Offense:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +4
Improvised Weapons +6 (Damage by weapon)
Unarmed +6 (Close Damage +10)
Ranged Attack +2

Defenses [3 points]:
Dodge 6, Parry 6
Toughness 10*/8 (Impervious 8), Fortitude 8, Will 6

*with Defensive Roll

Complications:
Enemy: Persephone
I See Dead People: Part of being Hades's little girl involves sometimes seeing departed spirits
Mentor: Wonder Woman, with whom she has a love/hate relationship
Relationship: Hades, foster parents
Reputation: People don't trust her because she's the daugher of Hades
Troublemaker: She can't help it
Cerberus the Ghost Dog
PL6 Minion (90 points)

STR 2, STA 2, AGL 3, DEX 0, FGT 3, INT 0, AWE 2, PRE 0
Advantages: Teamwork
Skills: Insight 4 (+6), Perception 4 (+6), Stealth 4 (+7).
Powers: Deathly Senses: Senses 12 (Life Scent: Accurate Acute Extended Radius Life Sense, Darkvision, Accurate Acute Ranged Smell, Track [Life Scent]), Fast: Speed 1, Ghostly: Insubstantial 4, Spirit Tongues: Comprehend 5 (Languages 3, Spirits 2), Tough Hide: Protection 3.
Offense: Init +3, Unarmed +3 (Damage 2).
Defenses: Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 4, Toughness 5, Will 5.
Totals: Abilities 24 + Advantages 1 + Skills 6 + Powers 46 + Defenses 13 = 90 points.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
ZACHARY ZATARA
Goth_3.jpg

PL: 8 (120 pp)

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 1, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Deception 6 (+10), Expertise [Magic] 9 (+10), Expertise [Performance] 6 (+10), Insight 1 (+5), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 1 (+5), Sleight of Hand 8 (+10), Stealth 9 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Defensive Roll (6), Fascinate [Expertise] (1), Hide in Plain Sight, Redirect, Ritualist, Taunt, Trance

POWERS:
Backwards Spellcasting:
Uoy era gnitteg ypeels!
Perception Damage 8 (Sleep, Subtle) 25pp
Eht rewop fo noisulli!
Illusion 5 (All Sense Types) 25pp/1pp
I wonk tahw er'uoy gnikniht!
Cumulative Mind Reading 8 (Subtle) 25pp/1pp
Raeppa!
Create 8 (Continuous, Subtle) 25pp/1pp
Sisonpyh!
Perception Area Affliction 8 (Dazed, Compelled, then Controlled; Reversible, Selective; Resisted by Will) 25pp/1pp
Won uoy ees em! Won uoy t'nod!
Burst Area Concealment 6 (All Aural & Visual; Affects Others, Precise) 25pp/1pp

Mystic Senses: Senses 4 (Detect Magic, Ranged, Acute, Analytical) 4 pp

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +1 [Unarmed +0]
Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8, Parry +5
Toughness +8 (+2 w/o Defensive Roll)
Fortitude +5, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: Zatara needs to speak aloud (and backwards) to cast his spells.
Dude! What's with the 'tude?: Zachary has little tact, patience, and modesty when it came to his skills. Due to his brash attitude and excessive partying, Zatara is considered somewhat of a selfish brat.
World's most popular teenaged magician!: True or not Zatara has a very public identity and is constantly in the limelight. Though it is widely believed to the General Public that his magic is mere trickery.

Abilities 30 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 34 + Defenses 20 = 120 / 120

Background:
As cousin to Zatanna and nephew to the late Zatara, Zachary Zatara had magic in his blood. The teen magician learned that to be true when a new age of magic began. At that time, Zachary's latent magic powers sparked - and he manifested the same backwards-speaking incantation powers as his famed cousin. As a result, Zachary became the self-proclaimed "world's greatest and most popular teenaged magician."

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
[sblock=Zatara]Nice! Okay, let's say Zatanna is his mentor. I know more about her.

I see her as highly supportive of his act, possibly having a different relationship with him where she doesn't get the attitude. She'd be older than he is.

The Infinite Crisis hasn't happened for this world, I don't think. If it does, I want to use it in-game.

Also, it should be "I wonk tahw er'uoy gnikniht", not "ruoy". Common grammagical error ;p

And you may want to add "won uoy t'nod" to that last one. Otherwise you're commanding everyone to spot you, which would be a bad thing when you're hoping for area concealment.

Gosh I love this concept. :D

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Green Dragon

Devoted to the art of the sword in the Ancient China Mountain of the Seven Lotus, Shin Fen Fo was raised and trained in and around the sword. The monks of the Shrine of the Seven Lotus lived isolated from the outer world, and wanted to train Shin as an herald from the temple to the rest of the world. Through Shin, the monks wanted to give the world a lesson, that the ancient and sacred ways were still useful, despite the world's technological developments.
Once Shin training was done, the monks send him to wander the world and show it, performing heroic acts and helping turn the tides in favor of good.
Devoted paladin of Good and tradition, Shin will stop at nothing to accomplish his destiny.
When he was wondering the world, he eventually meets Green Arrow, who saw in the young man, the potential to make an excellent hero. Green Arrow took the monk under his wing and introduced him to the rest of the league. However the old values and traditions, added to the cultural differences, made Shin a difficult person to get along, especially when he thought that the destiny was pointing him in a certain direction.

guanyu.jpg

Build to come. Although note it'll be in 2e, so you'll have to convert it.

BlkArkon

First Post
Entity

Entity - PL 8
Strength 10, Stamina 10, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 5, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 1
Advantages
Improved Initiative, Power Attack
Skills
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+6), Expertise (Tactics) 2 (+3), Insight 2 (+3), Perception 2 (+3), Persuasion 1 (+2), Stealth 1 (+2), Technology 2 (+3), Treatment 1 (+2)
Powers
Terminan Physiology: Immunity 10 (Life Support, Advantages: Improved Initiative)
Terminan Powers
Flight: Flight 10 ([0 active, 0/20 PP, 2/r], Speed: 2000 miles/hour, 4 miles/round)
Kinetic Blasts: Blast 8 (DC 23; Accurate 3 (+6))
Telekinesis: Move Object 10 (25 tons)
Tough Skin: Impervious Toughness 10
Offense
Initiative +5
Grab, +5 (DC 25)
Kinetic Blasts: Blast 8, +7 (DC 23)
Telekinesis: Move Object 10, +1 (DC 20)
Throw, +1 (DC 25)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 25)
Complications
Enemy: Entity is being hunted by Cadmus, that wants their subject back. Also is being watched by enemies of Steel.
Motivation: Responsibility: Entity has the responsibility of leaving up to the image of being part of the Super Family Clan.
Languages
Native Language
Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 5, Fortitude 10, Toughness 10, Will 5
Power Points
Abilities 60 + Powers 44 + Advantages 1 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Defenses 9 = 120

Background
Entity is a clone created by Cadmus from the cells of Icon. He would have become a weapon for the U.S. Government if Steel hadn't caught when of his creation and rescued him from a top secret facility. All of his knowledge has been imprinted so Entity is still pretty niave. He acts like everything is a new discovery because for the most part it is. He still maintains contact with Steel and looks to him like a father figure.
Entity appears to be an African-American male about 16 years old with striking blue eyes. He is of medium built

Created With Hero Lab® - try it for free at Lone Wolf Development!

Remove ads