• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planescape Manual of the Planes for 5e on DMSGuild

New on the DMSGuild is the Manual of the Planes for 5th edition. The cover is stunning. It's over 300 pages and the credits page includes folks from The Draconomicon, The Dragonlance Companion, Tasha's Crucible of Everything Else, Planescape: Metropolis, The Honkonomicon and Planewalker.com I love the special thanks. This project was made possible by Roll20. Thank you for unlocking new...

New on the DMSGuild is the Manual of the Planes for 5th edition. The cover is stunning.

Manual of the Planes. An invaluable, definitive work on the most fascinating aspect of the World's Greatest Roleplaying Game

It's over 300 pages and the credits page includes folks from The Draconomicon, The Dragonlance Companion, Tasha's Crucible of Everything Else, Planescape: Metropolis, The Honkonomicon and Planewalker.com

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 9.37.13 PM.png

I love the special thanks.

This project was made possible by Roll20. Thank you for unlocking new horizons for the latest generation of planewalkers, bashers, berks, and touts. We’d also like to thank the giants on whose shoulders we stand when writing this book: Justice Ramin Arman, Richard Baker, Wolfgang Baur, David “Zeb” Cook, Bruce R. Cordell, Jeff Grubb, David Noonan, F. Wesley Schneider, Rick Swan, and all others who helped create and cultivate Planescape and the planes.

I've just bought it and am reading it now.

Here is the table of contents.

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 10.18.51 PM.png

dave2008

Legend
yes, because they will never be as great as the older ones, which without the mechanics of the version is far better than anything they have put out of late. I can always just add in the mechanic parts i use from 5e, or just run the older versions which to be honest i prefer.
I really don't know what we are discussing or why.

However, I will disagree with the bold part. I lot of the older stuff was not good IMO. I personally appreciate a fresh look at some of these older settings. Though I agree if you want to use the old stuff you can.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Of which they get half before taxes, split between 7? people.
I mean, sure. But to be clear, that's about what what a publisher gets for a physical book. Before we pay the big bills for the print run and the shipping etc.

I wish them well and to have truly remarkable success but nobody is getting a penthouse suite out of this
Again, sure. Nobody does RPG publishing to get rich. I know this very well firsthand. We all do it 'for the love of it' because we could make better money elsewhere. And sure, RPG products are always severely underpriced, and this may be a fair price for that work, but we frequently get told our 600-page fully-illustrated PDF for $20 is overpriced.

There's a big problem in the industry with fair pricing for TTRPG products which is why many TTRPG writers, artists, and publishers struggle to make a living wage.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The content warning is so ridiculous. There is such a thing as going so far left, you end up going right. Someone playing D&D and getting triggered by Feywild memory loss
So ignore it. You want people to ignore the thing it's warning about because you think it's too inconsequential to need a warning while claiming that the warning itself is inconsequential. Lead by example by not being triggered by the content warning to the extent you have to post about it on the internet. Just ignore it, show 'them' how it's done. Don't do the very thing you're complaining about.

Because you're proving the point. If you can't ignore something as trivial as a brief warning sentence without posting about it on the internet, why should you expect other people to ignore things?

..exactly how many people could possibly be affected by that?
Is one enough? How many people need to be affected by something before it's worth mentioning?

dave2008

Legend
So ignore it. You want people to ignore the thing it's warning about because you think it's too inconsequential to need a warning while claiming that the warning itself is inconsequential. Lead by example by not being triggered by the content warning to the extent you have to post about it on the internet. Just ignore it, show 'them' how it's done. Don't do the very thing you're complaining about.

Is one enough? How many people need to be affected by something before it's worth mentioning?
I was getting ready to post something similar but you beat me to the punch (and did a better job too)!

Incenjucar

Legend
yes, because they will never be as great as the older ones, which without the mechanics of the version is far better than anything they have put out of late. I can always just add in the mechanic parts i use from 5e, or just run the older versions which to be honest i prefer.

I mean, sure. But to be clear, that's about what what a publisher gets for a physical book. Before we pay the big bills for the print run and the shipping etc.

Again, sure. Nobody does RPG publishing to get rich. I know this very well firsthand. We all do it 'for the love of it' because we could make better money elsewhere. And sure, RPG products are always severely underpriced, and this may be a fair price for that work, but we frequently get told our 600-page fully-illustrated PDF for $20 is overpriced.

There's a big problem in the industry with fair pricing for TTRPG products which is why many TTRPG writers, artists, and publishers struggle to make a living wage.
Absolutely. It's frustrating all around, and why I try to support products because I want them to exist even if realistically I'm not likely to use them, and why I hope to support the same when I can finish my own material, even if the ROI is not great for me given what else I do.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads