Planescape Manual of the Planes for 5e on DMSGuild

New on the DMSGuild is the Manual of the Planes for 5th edition. The cover is stunning. It's over 300 pages and the credits page includes folks from The Draconomicon, The Dragonlance Companion, Tasha's Crucible of Everything Else, Planescape: Metropolis, The Honkonomicon and Planewalker.com I love the special thanks. This project was made possible by Roll20. Thank you for unlocking new...

New on the DMSGuild is the Manual of the Planes for 5th edition. The cover is stunning.

Manual of the Planes. An invaluable, definitive work on the most fascinating aspect of the World's Greatest Roleplaying Game

It's over 300 pages and the credits page includes folks from The Draconomicon, The Dragonlance Companion, Tasha's Crucible of Everything Else, Planescape: Metropolis, The Honkonomicon and Planewalker.com

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 9.37.13 PM.png

I love the special thanks.

This project was made possible by Roll20. Thank you for unlocking new horizons for the latest generation of planewalkers, bashers, berks, and touts. We’d also like to thank the giants on whose shoulders we stand when writing this book: Justice Ramin Arman, Richard Baker, Wolfgang Baur, David “Zeb” Cook, Bruce R. Cordell, Jeff Grubb, David Noonan, F. Wesley Schneider, Rick Swan, and all others who helped create and cultivate Planescape and the planes.

I've just bought it and am reading it now.

Here is the table of contents.

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 10.18.51 PM.png

afroakuma

Explorer
Well, after hinting at it for a while, I'm pleased to finally be able to share some important news!

There's changes coming. Big changes. We're going to make a major update to the book and wanted to wait until that update was ready before launching the print version. Here's some of the changes you can expect to see in the update:

• More content. Across the entire book (not just chapter 3) there'll be lots of new content and some revised content! We have most if not all of the ideas generally laid out, but are still writing up the details. Want to know how many extra pages the book will have? Roll 8d8 and expect that number.

• Revised graphic design. Simply put, some parts of the layout and graphic design were rushed. We're going to take the time to do a proper job of ensuring the book is visually top-notch. Does that mean added art? No. Still no art.

No price change! The price of the digital version of the book will not change.

• No content removal. No content will be removed, although some content may be moved around a little or tweaked.

Still a free update! If you've bought the PDF already, or if you buy it before the print version launches, you will still be able to access the updated content for free as a new download option from your DMs Guild/DriveThruRPG library.

Still expect a discount! If you've bought the PDF already, or if you buy it before the print version launches, you will still be able to get a discount on the print version equal to the value of the digital-only version ($30).

Feel free to respond here or send me a DM if you have any more questions!

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
WHEN SETTINGS COLLIDE
This is the largest in most detailed section of this chapter and it delivers a lot of good ideas on how to connect different settings as part of a planar adventure. Cover things I hadn’t really thought about (what do you when your power source isn’t present in another setting) and giving a little background info on the settings included. There is a lot of fun stuff here, but this is felt, to me, like it was to MtG specific. It covers Ravnica, Arcavios, Theros, and Eberron (with some Krynn too) I would have liked to have seen more D&D settings covered. As a person who mostly homebrews I don’t necessarily know how to connect greyhawk & krynn & forgotten realms & ravenloft, etc.
Bummer that it doesn't seem to include Spelljammer. Seems like it'd be a good setting to combine into a multiverse/planes campaign. Maybe it'll be part of the proposed update.

Faolyn

(she/her)
Well, after hinting at it for a while, I'm pleased to finally be able to share some important news!
Please let us know when you release this version! I've been holding off on buying it because I'm poor, but it's still in my wishlist and I'll likely get it when you've revised it.

Edit: I just looked and realized it says you're the planeswalker.com people. I really liked that site--the monsters were really imaginative!

TravDoc42

Getting a hang of this!

There's changes coming. Big changes. We're going to make a major update to the book and wanted to wait until that update was ready before launching the print version. Here's some of the changes you can expect to see in the update:

• More content. Across the entire book (not just chapter 3) there'll be lots of new content and some revised content! We have most if not all of the ideas generally laid out, but are still writing up the details. Want to know how many extra pages the book will have? Roll 8d8 and expect that number.

• Revised graphic design. Simply put, some parts of the layout and graphic design were rushed. We're going to take the time to do a proper job of ensuring the book is visually top-notch. Does that mean added art? No. Still no art.

• No content removal. No content will be removed, although some content may be moved around a little or tweaked.

Still a free update! If you've bought the PDF already, or if you buy it before the print version launches, you will still be able to access the updated content for free as a new download option from your DMs Guild/DriveThruRPG library.

Still expect a discount! If you've bought the PDF already, or if you buy it before the print version launches, you will still be able to get a discount on the print version equal to the value of the digital-only version ($30).

Will there be more monsters in this update? I'd love to see your take on some more obscure Planescape creatures, like the bacchae, the reave, or the ratatosk! Your team has a knack for converting the monsters over, and I'd love to see your takes on more beasties!

WhatLiesBeyond

Explorer
Will there be more monsters in this update? I'd love to see your take on some more obscure Planescape creatures, like the bacchae, the reave, or the ratatosk! Your team has a knack for converting the monsters over, and I'd love to see your takes on more beasties!
There will definitely be new monsters, although I'm not saying which ones just yet.

Do you have a rough ETA on when the update may be coming?

Remove ads

Remove ads