• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Marked By Destiny, Marked by Tragedy Part 2 (No Judge Yet)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
(Is that a Reflex Save for the pit, or is Weapon between it?

And one of those 6 kobolds is dead at least, even if Weapon didn't hit one.)

Patlin

Explorer
Round 2 Concludes
Weapon dashes forward, preparing to launch a mighty blow, but the floor caves in beneath his feet as he aproaches the Kobolds.

Falling damage (1d6=3)

Weapon's resilient frame is not damaged by the fall, but he's now 10' beneath the kobolds and will need to climb out next round in order to get at them.

Round 3 Begins
The five remaining kobolds reload and shoot at the only target in view... Brelach.

Kobolds v. Brelach (1d20+3=14, 1d6=2, 1d20+3=12, 1d6=6, 1d20+3=20, 1d6=6, 1d20+3=18, 1d6=6, 1d20+3=18, 1d6=1)

The spellthief is hit 3 times for a total of 13 damage, and goes down.

[Alys and Weapon may act, everyone else is out of the combat. Those bleeding may attempt to stabilize.]

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: You're right, I should have allowed a reflex save to avoid falling into the pit. I'll apply a circumstance penalty due to the fact that you were charging at the time, but roll a reflex save.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Patlin said:
ooc: You're right, I should have allowed a reflex save to avoid falling into the pit. I'll apply a circumstance penalty due to the fact that you were charging at the time, but roll a reflex save.
(He falls. Really. Save: Reflex (1d20+1=2).

Can I save the to hit rolls for later? :))

Patlin

Explorer
Round 3 Concludes
Weapon climbs up the side of the pit (a double move) and finds himself surrounded by Kobolds.

[map update coming up... I'll remove the knocked out people on both sides to avoid confusion.]

Patlin

Explorer
Top of Shaft
Code:
  A |B |C |D |E |
01  |  |  |  |[]|
02  |  |Al|  |[]|
03  |  |  |oo|[]|
04  |[]|[]|[]|[]|

Bottom of Shaft
Code:
  A |B |C |D |E |F |G |H |I |J |K |L |
01  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
02  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
03  |  |[]|[]|[]|[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |
04  |  |[]|oo|  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |
05  |  |[]|  |  |[]|[]|  |  |  |  |  |
06  |  |[]|  |  |  |[]|[]|  |  |  |  |
07  |  |[]|[]|  |  |xx|[]|[]|  |  |  |
08  |  |  |[]|[]|xx|xx|We|[]|[]|[]|  |
09  |  |  |  |[]|[]|  |  |k3|  |[]|  |
10  |  |  |  |  |[]|[]|k1|k5|  |[]|  |
11  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |k4|k6|  |  |
12  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|[]|[]|  |  |  |
13  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |

[]= Cave wall
oo= Shaft
Al = Alys
We = Weapon
Ar = Arvan
Br = Brelach
Si = Silvanon (in shaft)
k# = Kobolds!
xx = Pit trap

Patlin

Explorer
Round 4 Begins
The Kobolds step back to the positions indicated above, load their crossbows, and fire! (k3 draws up to two AOOs from weapon in the process.)

Kobolds 1,4,5, and 6 v. Weapon (1d20+3=19, 1d6=6, 1d20+3=16, 1d6=6, 1d20+3=5, 1d6=6, 1d20+3=11, 1d6=1)

v. Light Fort crti confirm and extra damage (1d100=59, 1d20+3=11, 1d6=3) (Not confirmed)

(I'll rolll an attack for k3 if it survives the AOO.)

A hail of crossbow bolts peppers Weapon, but only one penetrates his plating, dealing 6-3=3 damage.

Remove ads