Marvel Superheroes: Game Closed

Giant Boy

Explorer
This is what I got for my character so far...I need as much help as I can.

[sblock=Cakleson]
Orgin: Altered Human
Former Job: Police Officer
Current Job: Vigilante
Legal Status: An american citizen with no criminal records
Marital Status: Single
Living Relatives: Unknown
[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]
John Cackleson, was born on October 13, 1972 in Houston, Texas. During much of youth he was fans of heroes such as Iron Man and Captain America and careers like the police department. In 1990 at the age of 18, John enrolled in law enforcement and stayed there for five years till he reached the age of 25 and foiled an attempted bank robbery. During 1995, he voluntered for a project, which unknown to him, that was designed to hunt down super-powered beings after the assassination of Kelly. The doctor gave him a shot that immeadiatly boosted his strength, agility, and endurance. But sadly, it took away his mind. For the next five years John has been a mindless sentinal in human skin hunting down all mutants and altered humans. But five years later, on October 13, 2000, John managed to regain contol of his mind and turned on the company, turning him to an enemy of the goverment at the age of 35, only ten years after he began his career of a cop. During this remainder of the month, John adopted the identity of a vigilante calling himself by his last name, Cakleson, and for the next twelve years, began to rescue super-powered beings from the people he originally work with. But in March 2, 2012, he was captured by the Sentinel program and was put in a concetration camp. He was captive till March 15, 2017, where he managed to escape from the camp and moved back to Houston, where his life started. He tried to live a peacful life, but has to deal with the racial prejudices by the people who use to be his friends once his altered humanity was revealed to his neighborhood. Only a week afterwards, he felt that he should leave his hometown and move to Dalas-Fort Worth, but yet again, the same thing had happened, avoiding New York, he spent 5 years moving from one state to another.

(Must suck to be in our position :.-()

Finally in May 5th, 2022, John had found a place in northern Alaska and has remained their until January 2, 2035, where the goverment learned where he was...and proceded to hunt him.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Primary Abilities:
FIGHTING:
AGILITY:
STRENGTH:
ENDURANCE:
REASON:
INTUITION:
PSYCHE:

Secondary Abilities:
HEALTH:
POPULARITY:

Special Abilities:
Powers:
Talents:
Contacts: Houston Law Force
[/sblock]

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
To to the initiative discussion, I think the initiative system was meant to use a d6. I only say this because the system was written by TSR during the heyday of AD&D and AD&D has always used a d6 for initiative. It was only with the advent of 3e D&D that initiative began using a d20. A d6 is also the way we used to do it with Marvel Advanced (most likely because every system we played at the time used a d6).

If you want to use a d20, that's fine. I just thought I'd mention this.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Great so far Giant Boy a character who has been around since the beginning we give me a chance to lay out all the kool alternate history I have worked on. Now the type of hero you wish to play, and we can work on powers and stats.

@KD you have listed 70 Crimson Bands but what was that roll your Psyche check, the roll to see if bound,gagged, or blinded. When you cast a spell or use a power just post the effect since you should know that and it will help me understand what you did. So something like "Providence casts a spell quickly at the little demon and red bands of energy start to form around the creature." Which lets me know you made your spell check and that the creature will be bound if it doesn't get out of the way.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
To to the initiative discussion, I think the initiative system was meant to use a d6. I only say this because the system was written by TSR during the heyday of AD&D and AD&D has always used a d6 for initiative. It was only with the advent of 3e D&D that initiative began using a d20. A d6 is also the way we used to do it with Marvel Advanced (most likely because every system we played at the time used a d6).

If you want to use a d20, that's fine. I just thought I'd mention this.

I went and looked at the Battle Book from the Basic Marvel Superheroes set and it said to use a d10. As the advance book didn't say which die to use I figured it must be the same. But I am thinking of using a pbp initiative system, which means first post goes first and so on but only when we are in a group if you are off single you will stil need to beat the init of your opponent, but we have plenty of time to work on our combat system before we get into any serious fights.

BTW airwalkrr did you notice that rangerjohns character pulled up to you and VV's characters??

HM

KarinsDad

Adventurer
@KD you have listed 70 Crimson Bands but what was that roll your Psyche check, the roll to see if bound,gagged, or blinded. When you cast a spell or use a power just post the effect since you should know that and it will help me understand what you did. So something like "Providence casts a spell quickly at the little demon and red bands of energy start to form around the creature." Which lets me know you made your spell check and that the creature will be bound if it doesn't get out of the way.

Ok. Still trying to wrap my head around the idea that regardless of your foe, if you roll a certain number, you hit.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ok. Still trying to wrap my head around the idea that regardless of your foe, if you roll a certain number, you hit.

I'm thinking it has to do with Pysche right if someone has a higher Psyche it is harder for you to catch them, or effect them. Remeber it has been forever since I played and we didn't use the magic rules much.

HM

Giant Boy

Explorer
HM, I have a question and a comment:

How do I figure out the abilities?

I like playing aged characters in response to your statement about his age.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hey GB, this is a pick and choose game. Just mold your abilities and powers into the type of character you wish and I will approve/disapprove as needed. :p

The website heroforhire linked in on page one has an awesome RG of villians and heroes (even did DC Comic charaters converted to Marvel). So if you need some guidelines you could go there.

It is o.k. with me on the age, I am psyched about it. :D

HM

Giant Boy

Explorer
So after I get a full character concept, I just pick where I want scores to go to...it's that easy?

:hmm:

On post #181, I have completed my character's backround and will soon proceed to make his stats. I don't know exactly where the link you mentoined is, HM.

Last edited:

Remove ads