• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Marvel's Avengers Forever (w/Exiles spin)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Brother Shatterstone said:
I got a couple if you don't mind. :)

Does it seem like it solves more problems than it causes?

And what's the ISBN # on it? (I need that so I can order it.)

In reverse order . . .

ISBN #1-932442-52-9, item number #GRR2501

No stat adds to hit or defense, no cosmic power, no sorcery, powers seem rather scaled back - the only way to be certain is to build a couple of characters and see. I'm not ready to do that just yet.

Sure, no problem. :)

Keia

Gideon

First Post
I was hoping you fine folks could help me out.

I have recently increased my income, read...got my first job out of college, and have really become interested in comic books. Partly from Mutants and Masterminds. I have picked up a couple of The Avengers series but I was looking to read some more.

What trade collections would you all recommend?

I already have
Kree-Skrull War and Disassembled.

Thanks for your k-now-ledge.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Nuke261 is probably the most knowledgeable on this. I usually buy the comics, not the collections - though I'm starting to see the merit in that.

Did you like those avengers collections? I've read those issues and enjoyed them a lot.

I'm a fan of Exiles, most of the Ultimate titles (FF, Spiderman, Ultimates, X-men), and a couple of the x-books (Astonishing, New, etc.).

Keia

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Keia said:
Nuke261 is probably the most knowledgeable on this. I usually buy the comics, not the collections - though I'm starting to see the merit in that.

Traitor! :]

I just moved 27 long boxes and 30 short boxes half way across the country and you don’t see me wanting TPBs. :p (Of course I had someone to carry on those boxes. :lol: )

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Ooooo, getting called out to educate the masses on super heroes? I love it!!

I have recently sold my Avengers runs and picked up the 2 hard covers that contain beautiful George Perez art. They contain the first 2 years (roughly) of the last series of Avengers. Very nice.

I also see that the Avengers West Coast just got a trade paperback featuring the John Byrne run. I was a pretty big fan of that run and would recommend it. Great art, cool characters and it ties into some of the stories that have happened to the Avengers recently. Off the top of my head, that is what I would go with.

JLA/Avengers(or Avengers/JLA) is fun. Again, great art. Not overly original but pretty fun with some total fan-boy moments. If you have the money, the Hardcover collection is worth it, with a second book all about the guest appearances and the ideas behind the book. There's my 2 cents on the Avengers.

Kid A actually convinced me to go the route of the TPB. I always liked the collections but didn't want to mess with my original issues. However, with all of the nice collected editions that are coming out at pretty good prices, it was hard to resist. Plus, the HCs and TPBs look very nice on a bookshelf, kinda hard to do that with a collection of 72 comic books.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Nuke261 said:
Plus, the HCs and TPBs look very nice on a bookshelf, kinda hard to do that with a collection of 72 comic books.

I just point to the box and say, “Well that has all the Uncanny X-Men comics from 1983 to present day minus two issues.”

Most find that impressive. ;)

(I like the avatar btw. :) )

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Thanks! The avatar was to be used for an Exiles game I had planeed to run a few years ago. Never happened, though. Oddly enough, that led me to discover Mutants and Masterminds.

I understand the full box of X-Men scenerio. I will probably never part with those. But, if they did some nice hardcovers of them.....hmmmmm. I did oder the new dvd/rom that contains 500 issues of Uncanny, full issues in full color. They have done Spidey and FF and I think Avengers is in the works. Can't wait!

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Nuke261 said:
I did order the new dvd/rom that contains 500 issues of Uncanny, full issues in full color. They have done Spidey and FF and I think Avengers is in the works. Can't wait!

about 40-60 of those are full repeats just so you know... ;)

Do you have a link for that? I might have to look into getting that. :D

Remove ads