• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Mature] MnM The Academy

perivas

First Post
A confused expression appears on Ricky's face at Sam's self-assessment."Abio...what? Do that mean you're dying or something? Seems a real pity at only sixteen years of age. Not to mention a waste of your linguistic talents."

Samnell

Explorer
perivas said:
A confused expression appears on Ricky's face at Sam's self-assessment."Abio...what? Do that mean you're dying or something? Seems a real pity at only sixteen years of age. Not to mention a waste of your linguistic talents."

"Abiotic. Not living. It's not exactly the same thing as dying. I don't need to sleep or breathe. My biology is increasingly dominated by inorganic compounds. Not requiring rest or respiration is already missing a few of the main characteristics of life. I also haven't noticeably aged a day in a year. It seems like the logical conclusion," Sam explains.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Everthing used to be so simple... go to school, keep your head down, pay attention is Ms. Ruger's class, don't fall asleep in Mr. Kabuud's class, don't use the 2nd floor lavatory or Romy would torment you all day long, don't star at the football players 'cause then the other kids would tease... don't kill your classmates or anyone else for that matter... she frowns at that thought and looks down at her food. She take a bite experementally and looks around noting the congregation of Ricky, Sam, and Allison.

Those are the only people I know around here. I guess I can't afford to alienate them. Day number 2. Lets try this again. She picks up her tray and makes her way to the others.

"Mind if I sit down?" she asks.

"What's abiotic mean? ...oh. Does that bother you at all or or do you just get used to it? What do you do at night if you don't sleep?" She pauses. "Sorry, that's a personal question. You don't need to answer it." She gives a tenative smile.

perivas

First Post
Ricky shifts himself and his tray a bit, pats the bench and offers it to Trina, "Please, feel free to park here. Sam was just explaining all of that to us." He shifts his eyes back to Sam and asks, "How do you know you haven't aged? You mean that you haven't grown any, right? Or is it your hair and stuff?"

Acid_crash

First Post
perivas said:
He shifts his eyes back to Sam and asks, "How do you know you haven't aged? You mean that you haven't grown any, right? Or is it your hair and stuff?"

"It means that he doesn't age, bleed, sleep, breath." Sebastian gave up on the cigarette, for now, seeing the conglamaration of others sitting at this table. The fact that they avoided him didn't stop him from making his presence known, regardless if some of the others wanted him there or not.

He stood next to the table, reappearing from being invisible and telekinetically grabbing the nearest orange juice from a nearby table, placing it on the table in front of him. Then he flicks a finger, pulling a chair from another table, sliding it across the floor, and sits in it as the group looks at him.

Taking a quick swallow, "What Ricky? Never went to school, or did you just always stay the jock you pretend to be? Let me say this in lamens terms you may understand. Ever seen the movie Highlander? Ya know, the Immortal who never ages. Well, that is what our good bloodless fellow Sam has become, but even more so. We could take this knife to his skin, but he won't bleed. His body doesn't age, he will always look the same for the rest of his life, am I right Sam? If I am wrong, speak up. He doesn't need to breath and sleep, his body is accustomed to running 24/7, no need to recharge it with sleep."

Man, these guys are a bunch of morons. Well, they'd have to be if they willingly joined this farce of a company. SHIELD, come on, why would anybody join? It's like joining the military looking for real military intelligence. It doesn't exist.

After a brief psuse to drink more orange juice, he continued, "And since we are getting all cozy getting to know each other, so we get this over with and never have to go through this again. I am Poltergeist, formerly a Ghost of Manhattan and gang member, formerly the son of a now dead set of parents who got themselves killed by being stupid, now a kidnapped member of SHIELD. Inquiring minds want to know is why did the four of you willingly join this farce of an organization?"

perivas

First Post
Acid_crash said:
"I am Poltergeist, formerly a Ghost of Manhattan and gang member, formerly the son of a now dead set of parents who got themselves killed by being stupid, now a kidnapped member of SHIELD."

Ricky just raises an eyebrow at Sebastian's rude interruption. "That's nice. Whatever." He then turns back to Sam."Now, what were you saying, Sam?"

Samnell

Explorer
"What's abiotic mean? ...oh. Does that bother you at all or or do you just get used to it? What do you do at night if you don't sleep?" She pauses. "Sorry, that's a personal question. You don't need to answer it." She gives a tenative smile.

"Same thing any boy my age does," Sam smiles and pauses just a second or so, "I read and play with computers."

Ricky shifts himself and his tray a bit, pats the bench and offers it to Trina, "Please, feel free to park here. Sam was just explaining all of that to us." He shifts his eyes back to Sam and asks, "How do you know you haven't aged? You mean that you haven't grown any, right? Or is it your hair and stuff?"[/color]

"Near as I can tell, I weigh now exactly what I did the day I got my powers. I have the same height and a more or less identical appearance. That's pretty exceptional for an adolescent male with proper nutrition."

Taking a quick swallow, "What Ricky? Never went to school, or did you just always stay the jock you pretend to be? Let me say this in lamens terms you may understand. Ever seen the movie Highlander? Ya know, the Immortal who never ages. Well, that is what our good bloodless fellow Sam has become, but even more so. We could take this knife to his skin, but he won't bleed. His body doesn't age, he will always look the same for the rest of his life, am I right Sam? If I am wrong, speak up. He doesn't need to breath and sleep, his body is accustomed to running 24/7, no need to recharge it with sleep."

"You've got the idea."

After a brief psuse to drink more orange juice, he continued, "And since we are getting all cozy getting to know each other, so we get this over with and never have to go through this again. I am Poltergeist, formerly a Ghost of Manhattan and gang member, formerly the son of a now dead set of parents who got themselves killed by being stupid, now a kidnapped member of SHIELD. Inquiring minds want to know is why did the four of you willingly join this farce of an organization?"

"It seemed like a good excuse to use my powers all of the time," Sam shrugs, "And anyway, why not? My parents were starting to get a bit weird about things too."

Lobo Lurker

First Post
"I'm Trina. One of the trainers decided to call me Meltdown... partly cause of the energies I generate and partly because what those energies are doing to me." She pauses a bit and looks at the floor. "When I was 7 my powers manifested for the first time and I killed my mother... a tear rolls down her cheek. I guess I just sort of psychologically rejected them for the next 7 years."

"The doctors here tell me that I need to release the energies I have or they start eating away at me from the inside out. They do that constantly anyway, but if I don't let them out then the process accelerates."

She looks up. "From what I can tell, I generate an incredibly hot form of plasma that doesn't burn so much as it simply discorporates whatever solid matter it encounters... whatever that means. All I know is that its hot, it burns me when I use it, and that it's slowly killing me."

She frowns. "A few months ago I got caught in a fight between some vigilantes and some other guys. They all had powers and one of them took me hostage. The stress was enough to remove my psychological blocks and I destroyed a large chunk of my town." A look of stubborn determination crosses her face. "I'm here to try to learn how to control my powers, save lives, and to take out as many vigilante terrorists as I can."

Samnell

Explorer
Lobo Lurker said:
She frowns. "A few months ago I got caught in a fight between some vigilantes and some other guys. They all had powers and one of them took me hostage. The stress was enough to remove my psychological blocks and I destroyed a large chunk of my town." A look of stubborn determination crosses her face. "I'm here to try to learn how to control my powers, save lives, and to take out as many vigilante terrorists as I can."

"And here I just took a header into a pool of supercold molybdenum and silicon hexaflouride," Sam offers.

Acid_crash

First Post
Lobo Lurker said:

"That was you? I saw reports of that on television. I'm glad I wasn't in that part of town when you went off."

Remove ads