[May] What are you reading?

Jhaelen

First Post
After finishing Iain Banks's 'The Hydrogen Sonata', which was a fun read, but not overly remarkable among Culture novels, I started with Peter Hamilton's 'Great North Road'.

LeStew

Explorer
I just finished "The Templar's Legacy" by Steve Berry. It was pretty good. Not great. I thought the ending fell flat. But, the characters were engaging.

Now onto Dan Brown's newest.

Nellisir

Hero
I'm reading The Keeper of Lost Causes, by Jussi Adler-Olsen. I'm enjoying this a lot.

(And not that anyone is counting, but this doesn't show up on the earlier list because I bought more books at the last weekend of the book sale. A lot more. And have absolutely no idea where to put them. I'm going to have to get organized about what I've read and how good it was very soon.)

Nellisir

Hero
Finished Keeper of Lost Causes. I liked it. Thumbs up.

Edit: And, dagnabit, I thought I had grabbed another one by the same author, but apparently did not? Actually it seems like I'm missing 2 or 3 books. I guess I put them back on the shelf.... :/

Well, back to The 8th Annual Years Best Sci-Fi; I just have "The Hemingway Hoax" by Joe Haldeman to read and I'll be done with it. I feel like I've read this story before; it's probably in another collection somewhere. The title is definitely familiar.

And then I'll have to pick another book....dang it. Maybe I'll do a poll or something and let other people decide.

Last edited:

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Yeah, that one.
Didn't want to be too shameless about it. Besides, I was plugging my art more than I was the book. (Cover art was someone else--can't take credit for that)

zigmenthotep

First Post
Still working my way through the copy of City of the Fallen Sky that I got for christmas. Needless to say, I haven't had much time for reading, the books are stacking up.

Nellisir

Hero
Reading Altered Carbon, by Richard K Morgan. Also skimming several books on treehouses to figure out a few joints, and the two most recent issues of Family Handyman.

Remove ads