Metahuman College, Issue Two: Paths Converge

Amulet

First Post
Rinea pursed her lips at Marcus and replied, “There are many songs. Some are melodic, some have no words but beautiful instruments, some are very harsh and have words that make little sense, and many have no music at all, but only angry people speaking about confusing topics. They are in the background all the time, at all different pitches and volumes. I am in constant admiration at your species ability to focus with all the constant noise everywhere. How do you do it?”

Dark Nemesis

First Post
James

Weapons practice goes well for James. He is able to get a good workout, and was just about to stop for a rest when a short, balding man in a white lab coat approached. “Excuse me, are you James?”

Marcus, Jonn and Rinea

Marcus said:
Marcus laughed out loud at the thought, then replied, "Yeah, it was cool. Figured there's no use staying up studying for this test."

“That was probably a good idea, as there is not a good way to study for the test,” Siren replied. She raised her eyebrows at Rinea’s words, and said, “Music? I am not sure what you are talking about, child. As far as the test goes, we will begin once Wes is finished speaking with Hoshiko. We will be using the training rooms to run simulations for you to run through, and we will be measuring power levels as you do so.”

Seeing that Wes was still talking with Hoshiko, Siren leans up against the wall, content to allow the students to converse among themselves.

Apparently growing bored, the man with the wild red hair grabbed the little black robot, turned it over, and pryed open a small hatch with the screwdriver.

Cloud

The green skinned woman glances up, but never looks directly at Cloud. “Ah, good morning, Watching Cloud Rice. My name is Rose. It is very nice to meet you.” She gestures about the gardens. “What brings you here today?”

Hoshiko

Wes raised an eyebrow at Hoshiko’s question, before replying, “Yes, Hoshiko, this particular test can be done individually. However, I must advise against alienating yourself from the other students. I fear it might do you more harm than good.”

Calinon

First Post
"I do not wish to estrange anyone, Mr. Jordan," Hoshika replies. "I hope when I know them better I will feel that I am able to trust them. Thank you," she says, glancing into the room and giving a small wave to the others there. "I should not intrude any longer on their time or privacy," she says, turning and hurrying back towards the exit.

Once outside and feeling a bit better, she'll return to the cafeteria and see about something to eat without cartoon characters interfering.

Amulet

First Post
Rinea waits patiently for a bit, but then approaches the man with the wild red hair, kneels down and says, “Excuse me sir, why do you let him abuse you so with that sharp device? I can see you are small and different looking, but if you let bullies have their way with you, they will never stop.”

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Jonn Birkey (Rumble)

Jonn moved forward to talk to Siren. "I was wondering, exactly what kind of simulations do you run here. I mean, what are we really gonna be doing for these tests."

Rybaer

First Post
Dark Nemesis said:
The green skinned woman glances up, but never looks directly at Cloud. “Ah, good morning, Watching Cloud Rice. My name is Rose. It is very nice to meet you.” She gestures about the gardens. “What brings you here today?”

"Oh, just out taking in the fresh air, admiring the gardens," she says. "I've always liked to go outdoors whenever possible. It clears my mind, keeps me grounded. I think I'll probably end up spending quite a bit of time out here."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Marcus Stevens (Proton) HPs: 5/5

Rinea said:
“There are many songs . . . I am in constant admiration at your species ability to focus with all the constant noise everywhere. How do you do it?”
Marcus's brows furrowed . . . he looked like he was trying to get a grasp on something. His eyes darted to Siren for help, then he just shrugged and said, "I suppose some of us just don't hear as well as you can."

Otherwise, Marcus was keeping an eye on the discussion down the hall, and watching Rinea interact with the red haired man . . . or maybe not.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Hoshiko

“Very well. I shall see you later then, Hoshiko,” Wes replies, before turning and rejoining the group.

The cafeteria is very quiet at this time in the morning. There are only two or three other students in the room, and there are no cartoon characters to be seen.

Cloud

Rose smiled faintly and nodded her head at Cloud’s words. “I rather like being out here as well. I shall look forward to seeing you, Cloud.” As she spoke, she worked at patting down the earth around a small herb garden.

Rinea, Jonn and Marcus

Rinea said:
“Excuse me sir, why do you let him abuse you so with that sharp device? I can see you are small and different looking, but if you let bullies have their way with you, they will never stop.”

The red-haired man gives her a look of surprise, but does not answer. As she speaks to the small black robot, Rinea feels a wave of sleepiness overcome her. It is not terribly distracting, though she does feel a bit sluggish.

[sblock]The robot then replies in a voice similar to that of a young boy. “Bully? Oh, no, he’s not being mean to me! My tummy hurt and the Maker was doing something to make it not hurt anymore![/sblock]

To the others, it sounded as if the robot had made a series of beeping sounds.

(OOC: Rinea spent one hero point, and is now fatigued; she cannot run or charge, and is at –2 to Str and Dex)

Jonn said:
"I was wondering, exactly what kind of simulations do you run here. I mean, what are we really gonna be doing for these tests."

Siren cocked her head to one side as she listened to Jonn’s question, before replying. “Apparently, the simulators are quite advanced; they can run almost any situation a person can dream up. I am not sure how it all works, but it’s pretty amazing. Anyway, the scenarios for these tests will be handled by Wes and Reid,” she said, nodding her head toward the red-haired man. “They’re supposed to be situations where you would feel more comfortable using your powers.”

Apparently finished with his conversation with Hoshiko, Wes once again joins to group. He takes a moment, examining each student in turn, before speaking up. “Well, unless there are any questions, we shall begin. Each of you enter a practice room, and the scenario will begin shortly.”

Amulet

First Post
Rinea speaks to the small robot again, saying “Oh, good! I am glad that he is not abusing you.” Turning her head to the red haired man, she says “Hello, Maker, I am Rinea. I am sorry I misconstrued the situation, But jabbing him with that pointy device looked painful. I am glad you were able to stop his bellyache. Well, it looks as if the tests are starting. Perhaps I will see you two at dinner.”

Rinea rises to her feet again and moves to enter a practice room.

Calinon

First Post
"Oh thank goodness," Hoshiko says as gets something to eat finally, this time without the disruption of someone's twisted sense of humor. Once finished, she heads off to look around the compound and find out where her classes would be.

Remove ads