Metahuman College-Issue one: College bound [IC]

Calinon

First Post
“What will you do, then?”
"I suppose I will cope for now and see the rest of the tour," she says. "I wish to speak with my parents about things later. My mother will not offer a rational opinion, but my father will reliably do so," she adds.

“Security beyond this point is quite strict, and you will be required to wear the rings that you were given at all times while in this area. If you do not, the security system will not recognize you, and it will react to you in a manner that is most… unpleasant.” She smiled grimly at this, before holding her ring up to the red light. It blinked once, before turning green, and the door slid open.
Hoshiko quickly unshoulders her pack and rifles through it to find her ring. She tries it on each finger, settling on her right index finger as the best fit, before zipping up her pack and picking it up.

Cloud said:
"I think this is where I start to get a little nervous," she says in a low voice. She gives Hoshiko a quick smile and friendly pat on the back, then follows through the door.
"This is the least intimidating part of today," Hoshiko replies quietly, shoulder her pack again before finally following Ms. Cross into the secure area. "This is what I expected to find."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Marcus Stevens (Proton)

Marcus tried on his ring, and it fit fine on his right ring finger. "Hey, will these rings stay with us when we use our powers?" Marcus called out.

Rinea said:
Rinea checks to be sure she has her ring, then says with a smile, "Unpleasant? You mean like James?"
Marcus chuckled at the comment, wondering what his deal was . . . 'throwing knives at chairs, exploding in the first meeting. Weird stuff, wonder what made him that way,' Marcus thought.

Synchronicity

First Post
James Dunbar, HP 5/5

Dark Nemesis said:
James

Rose sat very still throughout James’ tirade, with her head lowered and her hands resting on her knees. She listens to him intently, not trying to speak until he said all he had wanted to say. She seems patient through most of his speech, though when he moves to strike the tree, she looks up sharply, breathing a soft sigh when he avoids hitting it. “I understand what it is like to be angry and frightened, James. And no, you have not outstayed your welcome. But if you insist upon leaving, I hope that you will come back to visit me.”

James slows and then stops as Rose speaks. For a moment he stands there, head bowed. Then he speaks, still without turning around. "I...I might." Then, he resumes walking away from Rose, out of the garden.

Dark Nemesis said:
A young man dressed in a pair of black slacks and a green shirt met him at the entrance of the garden. He regarded James with a measure of interest through a pair of grey eyes. “Are you James? Wes sent me to make sure you get caught up with the rest of the group.”

"Yeah, that's me." 'How very thoughtful of him. Damn telepaths.' "Where am I supposed to be going?" James follows the man or the man's directions, depending on how the other wants to play it. He says nothing, preoccupied with his own thoughts as he tries to achieve some semblance of calm after his antics in the garden.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Ms. Cross paused just outside the door, and looked back as Marcus called out his question. “Yes, the ring should stay with you if your powers cause you to transform in some way.” With that said, she stepped through the doorway, and gestured for the group to follow her.

The hallway beyond was something out of a science fiction movie. It was brightly lit by a row of lights that lead along the ceiling, which illuminated the white metal that made up the floor and walls. Occasionally, red, green, and yellow lights would blink on the walls, but the purpose of the lights was anyone’s guess. Rolling lazily upon the ground were black metal objects, which resembled oversized hockey pucks. Metal doors, much like the one they had just passed through, were interspersed along the corridor. Each of the doors had black lettering upon them: Weight Room, Lab 1, Lab 2, Lab 3, Training Room 1, Training 2, Training Room 3. There was also a door at the far end of the hallway, with the number one emblazoned upon it with red paint.

“The school was originally build over a complex system of caves, which allows us to have multiple floors that extend underground. This level houses the labs for the scientists that are employed here, as well as the most basic training areas. Students will be restricted to this first floor until a complete assessment has been done on their powers. Once it is completed this level will also house the expanded medical lab.” Ms. Cross droned on.

James

“Follow me,” the dark haired boy replied coolly. With that, he turned and made his way into the school, not even looking back to make sure that James was following him. They made their way through the hallways, and down a flight of stairs into the basement. They arrived in a small, white-walled room, and through an open doorway, James could see the rest of the group. “There you go,” the boy said.

Synchronicity

First Post
James Dunbar, HP 5/5

Dark Nemesis said:
James

“Follow me,” the dark haired boy replied coolly. With that, he turned and made his way into the school, not even looking back to make sure that James was following him. They made their way through the hallways, and down a flight of stairs into the basement. They arrived in a small, white-walled room, and through an open doorway, James could see the rest of the group. “There you go,” the boy said.

James gave the boy a short nod, then ghosted silently into the room, coming to stand by the rest of the group. He looked around the corridor with a certain amount of interest - though on James, it looked like his usual suspicious glare. He especially scrutinised the small black objects on the floor, trying to assertain their purpose. 'Hah! As expected, this place has secrets. So much for their lack of agenda. I wonder what those devices do?. Part of the security system, maybe? It's the logical conclusion. I wonder what their capabilities are?' To the probable relief of the others, James did not fly off the handle or begin throwing cutlery around - indeed, he seemed more preoccupied than he had earlier, though he didn't appear any happier or more friendly. 'Complete assessment of our powers? They *aren't* getting me in a lab. I've spent more than enough time in one of those.'

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Dark Nemesis said:
Ms. Cross paused just outside the door, and looked back as Marcus called out his question. “Yes, the ring should stay with you if your powers cause you to transform in some way.” With that said, she stepped through the doorway, and gestured for the group to follow her.

Hmmmm...I wonder how that works when I dreamwalk? Could their defenses here actually impede me in that form? I'll have to ask later on.

Cloud continues to follow the tour in quiet interest.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Marcus Stevens (Proton) HPs: 5/5, Unhurt

Marcus followed and listened to the tour, but wasn't really paying much attention. His thoughts drifted back to his origins . . . and what he had lost.

Looking at all of the doors without interest, until the last. "Hey," Marcus called out, "What's behind door number 1?"

Calinon

First Post
Hoshiko simply follows along, making notes on her notepad of what goes where, nudging at a 'puck' with her toe to see what its made of.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Jonn Birkey (Rumble)

Jonn yawned briefly and quickly covered it up. He was interested in what was here, the training facilities sounded cool. He just thought he was up a bit too late exploring and it was starting to catch up to him. He moved ahead and did everything he could to focus on the tour. Really don't need to get lost, again!

Last edited:

Amulet

First Post
Rinea followed the tour and was attentive, but it was obvious to anyone watching her that she was more interested in her fellow student’s reaction to the things they saw than in the things themselves.

Remove ads