Metahuman College, Issue Two: Paths Converge

Dark Nemesis

First Post
For those in the training room...

Marcus

Having lost interest in the opponent he cannot hit, Jason turns his attention to tormenting the hap[less ref. He advances slowly on the referee, occasionally swinging at him with enough force to break bones, but slowly enough that the target could get out of the way. The ref was managing to dodge so far, but it was clear that the older man was getting tired.

Once Marcus was small enough, he darted forward and aimed a vicious strike at the back of Jason’s knee. Jason roared with pain, and turned to glare at the now tiny hero.

Rinea

Rinea managed to kick the alien that attacked her squarely in the chest, knocking it back a few steps. The alien hissed at her and tried to claw at her a second time, though its claws found only air. Meanwhile, the second alien focused on shooting its eyebeams at the flying hamster.

Jonn

The rock is quite difficult to control, but Jonn manages to keep things under control. Almost before he knows it, they are halfway down the slope headed back into town. Then, a low rumbling fills the air, drawing Jonn’s attention back to the top of the hill. There, he could see a cascade of rocks beginning to tumble down the hill, loosing dirt, mud and more rocks on the way down. The rockslide was not large enough to cause any problems for the towns below, but it might make their ride a little rougher.

Amulet

First Post
Rinea continues her assault on the alien zombie that clawed her, trying to throw a combination move she saw on late night moving picture box.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Marcus Stevens (Proton) HPs: 5/5

Marcus noticed that he had Jason's attention again. "Hey what do you know, you Can see out of those blood shot eyes," Marcus called out.

Marcus moved closer to Jason's chest and let go with a combination one-two punch.

OOC: Dodge opponent stilll Jason. Power attack for 5. Rapid strike.

Adjusted stats: Diminutive. AC: 28 (with dodge). Melee attack: +10/+10, +20S.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Jonn Birkey (Rumble)

Jonn saw the spectacular sight of the mountain behind him rushing towards him in bits and fragments. If he was not in such a unique position, he would have felt compelled to watch in awe. Unfortunately, the lives of himself and his friend Nate were hanging in the balance.

Jonn dropped to his knees and placed his hands on the rock below him. He stared at the rock he was controlling, flying it down the mountainside. All he saw was the rock and the path ahead. "Nate, hold on tight. This is gonna get real rocky." The pun was lost on himself as he put every ounce of concentration he had, into the rock he was controlling. With his hands on the stone surface, Jonn put everything he had into pushing the rock faster, without dumping him and Nate off of it.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Viktor

A quick glance around showed that there were no hidden areas around Mr Bell’s office. However, many of the rooms that surrounded the office were dark, making it difficult to see into them.

“Excellent,” Mr. Bell replied. He tucked the signed papers into a manila folder. Then, he reached into a desk drawer and handed Viktor a ring. “This ring will allow you to enter areas of the school in which you have access.” He paused then, seeing Viktor looking around. “I understand that you have a curious nature, Mr. Schmidt, but I would advise you against trying to explore in areas in which you are not allowed, or in trying to take your ring apart. This school has many areas that are still under construction, and are not yet safe for students to be in.”

Cloud

Amelia fell silent for a long time, thinking. “I dunno. The last thing I remember is waking up in a hospital bed. James came to see me a lot, but no matter how loudly I yelled, he couldn’t hear me. I was so lonely for a long time. Then, we came here. I don’t know if I like it here. I keep hearing voices from under the floor, but I can’t understand what they’re saying.”

Hoshiko

“Yup, looks like there’s nothing in the dorms,” Julie said, leaning close to examine the blueprints. There is a tone of relief in her voice. “I have no idea. I wonder if all this space is for teaching students. Look at this place, it’s huge! I didn’t think there were that many of us.” Absently, she traced her fingers over the block lettering.

Meanwhile, Alexandra stood a few paces back. She reached into her pocket and withdrew a nail file, though Hoshiko could not help but to notice that the rich girl was studying the blueprint intently.

Drex

First Post
Viktor twirls the ring around his finger and his curiosity is indeed peaked by Mr Bell's statements regarding its purpose. (He uses his Technical Analysis feat to examine the ring.) Looking up from the ring, Viktor says "You are extraordinarily...perceptive...Herr Bell. I am indeed a curious person. Perhaps you could tell me your story to appease mine curiosity?"

Rybaer

First Post
Dark Nemesis said:
Amelia fell silent for a long time, thinking. “I dunno. The last thing I remember is waking up in a hospital bed. James came to see me a lot, but no matter how loudly I yelled, he couldn’t hear me. I was so lonely for a long time. Then, we came here. I don’t know if I like it here. I keep hearing voices from under the floor, but I can’t understand what they’re saying.”

"Voices under the floor?" Cloud says, glancing down reflexively. "That is a bit peculiar. I'll look into that...see if I can figure out where they're coming from.

"I will talk with James, too. Maybe he remembers more about the circumstances of when this all started with you. Don't worry, Amelia. I'll do everything I can to try to undo what's happened to you."

Cloud is about to go talk to James when another question occurs to her. "Amelia? While you've been stuck like this, has anyone or anything visited you that could see or talk to you, aside from me?"

Calinon

First Post
"It certainly is... large," Hoshiko says. "Perhaps it is an international facility for studying meta humans as well as a school?" she says without much conviction.

Remove ads