Metahuman College-Issue one: College bound [IC]

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Cloud said:
"Sorry ma'am," Cloud says quietly. "Did you know that this girl's spirit is separated from her body?"

For a long moment, the nurse (whose name badge read Andrea Cline) stared at Cloud as if she had just gown a second head. “Oh… I see. Is that who you were talking to just now?”

Rinea said:
“I find aliens to be fascinating. Dr. Garcia, which alien species have you catalogued? Other than humans, of course.”

Dr. Garcia beamed at Rinea’s question. “We have only recently begun to study extraterrestrial physiology, but we already have extensive information about the Shevites and the Trobbles. We also have had the opportunity to study a dracolyte and a member of the Affinity.”

Hoshiko said:
"You mean meta-humans, right?" she asks haltingly of Dr. Garcia. "Whose anatomies have changed?"

Dr. Garcia pauses a moment, giving Hoshiko an odd look. “No, I mean extraterrestrials. Aliens.”

Marcus said:
"Yeah, sort of from back home . . . we're teammates on the U. of Pitts Wrestling team, or were for a while. Jake . . . Jonn . . . Jonn . . . Jake,"

“Hey, man, good to meet ya,” Jake said, giving Jonn a firm handshake. “Yeah, it was good times. We gave Marcus here a hard time once in awhile, but he did okay.”

Dark Nemesis

First Post
James said:
"Just for..so you're not a student. You're a teacher here?"

Rose smiled faintly at James’ question, and shook her head. “No, I am just the gardner. Not that many opportunities for green skinned people out there, y’know?” She looked around then, examining the plants all around her with a critical eye. “Still, it’s not so bad. They let me do whatever I want with the gardens, and in return, I get a place to live.”

Rybaer

First Post
Dark Nemesis said:
For a long moment, the nurse (whose name badge read Andrea Cline) stared at Cloud as if she had just gown a second head. “Oh… I see. Is that who you were talking to just now?”

"Yes, actually, it was," Cloud replies with simple sincerity. "She's rather frightened of something...or someone. I might be able to help, if you'd allow it."

ooc - Cloud was speaking to the girl telepathically. Not sure if the nurse was able to actually pick up on this, just assumed that Cloud was trying to speak with her, or just an oversight.

Amulet

First Post
Rinea returned Dr. Garcia’s enthusiasm at first. “I am not familiar with the Shevites. What system are they from? The Trobbles, on the other hand, I know of. They seem to be everywhere, that’s the trouble with Trobbles. I have never met a Dracolyte, but I have heard tale of their intricate mating rituals, which are legendary. You studied a member of the Affinity?!? Here? When? I came here fleeing them. They are evil!”

Rinea is obviously quite upset at the mention of the Affinity. Borderline hysterical is probably a better description.

Calinon

First Post
Hoshiko gets a clouded expression, looks once at each the doctor and Rinea, and walks out of the infirmary without speaking.

Metahumans, I can accept. That aliens, and multiple species of them at that, could be on Earth without widespread media coverage? No... just no!

"And to throw such nonsense out into the open just to see how we would react," she mutters to herself, finding a window to stare out of with a frown. "Leprechauns and psychopaths and no concern for privacy and teachers... without clothing! I have never seen such chaos be described as a school," she said somewhat disgustedly, sorely wishing the tour would end so she could speak with her parents.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Jonn Birkey (Rumble)

“Hey, man, good to meet ya,” Jake said, giving Jonn a firm handshake. “Yeah, it was good times. We gave Marcus here a hard time once in awhile, but he did okay.”
Jonn returned the handshake with a friendly smile. "Good to meet you, man. So what brings you to the academy?"

Jonn looked around to see who else had joined them.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Marcus Stevens (Proton) HPs: 5/5, Unhurt

Jake said:
“Yeah, it was good times. We gave Marcus here a hard time once in awhile, but he did okay.”

"Heh . . . hard times . . . yep, that's what I'd call them," Marcus said looked for a way to end this conversation before something happened. He looked to Jake and said, "Look, man, I'll catch ya later. Don't want to be holding up the tour with our reminiscing."

"So . . . this is the med lab . . . what's next?" Marcus asked.

Synchronicity

First Post
James Dunbar, HP 5/5

Dark Nemesis said:
Rose smiled faintly at James’ question, and shook her head. “No, I am just the gardner. Not that many opportunities for green skinned people out there, y’know?” She looked around then, examining the plants all around her with a critical eye. “Still, it’s not so bad. They let me do whatever I want with the gardens, and in return, I get a place to live.”

James face hardens at Rose's words. "Yeah, well, that's because most people are bigoted, greedy scum." His contempt is obvious, but he banishes it with a grunt of frustration, kicking back so he lies back on the grass, hands behind his head, closing his eyes and frowning. "I got fired from one job in a store because I stopped a guy robbing the place. Apparently that part makes you a hero, but healing a bullet wound in seconds flat makes you a freak. Take a guess which one won out." James eyes snap open again and he sits up, obviously not relaxing. "I don't know if this place is any better. I don't know what they want all these metahumans for...and I don't know if I want to find out." James's eyes have narrowed again, and whatever peace he found in the garden seems to have fled. Then his shoulders slump, and his angry suspicion is gone again. He seems too tired to maintain it. For a moment, he looks sidelong at Rose, seeming almost wistful. "It must be nice just having powers. Not having them...forced into you." 'Having powers that let you do something pleasant. That aren't only useful in combat situations. That let you create rather than destroy.'

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Cloud said:
"Yes, actually, it was," Cloud replies with simple sincerity. "She's rather frightened of something...or someone. I might be able to help, if you'd allow it."

Once again, the nurse regarded Cloud for a long moment, before shaking her head. “Sorry, but I cannot let you do anything without the family’s permission. I’ll talk with the doctor and get back to you. What was your name?”

Rinea said:
Rinea is obviously quite upset at the mention of the Affinity. Borderline hysterical is probably a better description.

Hoshiko said:
Hoshiko gets a clouded expression, looks once at each the doctor and Rinea, and walks out of the infirmary without speaking.

Dr. Garcia looked quite pleased at the fact that Rinea had heard of some of the races that he had mentioned. However, that pleased look soon faded as Hoshiko left without a word, and turned into a frown when Rinea went into hysterics. “Ah… now now, my dear,” he said, patting Rinea on the shoulder as he watched Hoshiko walk out. “It crash landed in a field not far from here, about a week ago. But it was dead when we found it. I do not think you need to worry about them invading this planet. Now, please calm down. Please?”

Hoshiko said:
"And to throw such nonsense out into the open just to see how we would react," she mutters to herself, finding a window to stare out of with a frown.

As she stared out the window, she heard the sound of footsteps approaching from behind. It was Wes, who regarded her with a raised eyebrow. “What is the hurry?”

Jonn said:
Jonn returned the handshake with a friendly smile. "Good to meet you, man. So what brings you to the academy?"

Marcus said:
"Look, man, I'll catch ya later. Don't want to be holding up the tour with our reminiscing."

“Like I was telling Marcus, I got a really sweet scholarship,” Jake replied with a grin. He looks a little surprised when Marcus excuses himself, but shrugs. “All right, man. Catch ya later!”

As Jonn was looking around, he saw that no one new had joined since the two groups had combined, but a number of people were leaving. Hoshiko had stormed out, followed shortly by Wes.

All

As Dr. Garcia tried to calm Rinea down, Ms. Cross began working on gathering the group once more, to continue the tour. “Try to keep up, everyone,” she said loudly, trying to make herself heard over the students. We will be visiting the computer lab next, before going downstairs.”

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Rose shrugged as she listened to James. “I do not think they have any ill will toward the people here. I know many of the people who had been asked to come and teach. They are genuinely interested in helping young people.” She raises an eyebrow at his final statement. “I… suppose…. Is that what made you so angry?”

Remove ads