Metahuman College-Issue one: College bound [IC]

Amulet

First Post
Rinea calmed suddenly. “Good point Dr. Garcia. I don’t think that the Affinity will want anything on this planet, so they will probably just obliterate it from far orbit. That should be quick and painless.” Turing away as if the problem is solved, she asks “So what is next on the tour?”

Synchronicity

First Post
James Dunbar, HP 5/5

Dark Nemesis said:
Rose shrugged as she listened to James. “I do not think they have any ill will toward the people here. I know many of the people who had been asked to come and teach. They are genuinely interested in helping young people.” She raises an eyebrow at his final statement. “I… suppose…. Is that what made you so angry?”

"I stopped believing in people who were genuinely interested in helping when I was 8 years old. Everyone's got an agenda. Some just hide it better that others."

James smiles a bitter smile at Rose's question. He extends his hands and looks at them, clenching and unclenching them. The depth of self-loathing and bitter anger in his 'smile' - grimace would be a better word - is quite staggering. "I used to be a person. I used to have a life!" His hands clench convulsively as his voice rises on the last words.

"Now...now I'm this. Every time I meet someone, I'm calculating the best way to kill them! I mean, look at you! I know that you manifest plant-like traits, meaning I can't be sure where a lethal organ strike might be, which is something I'd need to compensate for. What kind of thought is that?! Why do I think that?! I used to believe it was like there's another person in my head! Only now I'm forgetting things! I couldn't remember I liked flowers when I was young, and...the other day I couldn't remember what my parents looked like - just for a moment. I don't know what he did to me, and I don't know if it's over! I don't know if I'm me any more! I don't even feel properly human anymore! And all you people don't have a damn clue about what's out there! About the kinds of people that make up this world! You're all deluding yourself into thinking that good people exist, but they don't! I'm the proof of what people are really like, behind all the masks and civility! You ask is that what's making me so angry? Does it sound like I need other reasons?! You're all so blind, so ridiculously naive!"

James is on his feet by the end of this tirade gesticulating and shouting, his eyes blazing with a anger that reaches the very core of his being. With a cry of someone pushed beyond their limits, his fist lashes out at a nearby tree, needed a physical outlet for his emotions. 'No!' At the last moment, he shifts his other hand into the path of his fist. There's a crunch as he smashes bone with the force of his strike and he staggers back, shaking and pale. James grits his teeth as his hand begins the process of knitting itself together again, looking anywhere except at Rose. "I think I've outstayed my welcome. Maybe I'm not a garden person after all." With measured and careful stepss, concentrating on ignoring his smashed hand, James begins to leave the garden. 'Because you needed another person to think you were crazy. You haven't made your quota yet this week.' 'Maybe I am crazy. I'm having an imaginery conversation with myself - again!' 'You're a fool. Always have been, always will be. But that's not what bothers you, is it? What bothers you is the fact you might not even be that - you might be a doll.' 'Shut up.' 'A shell. A hollow man. The thing that's left over after a real person's been obliterated. Are you sure you're still you, James?' 'Yes. Because I have Amelia. She knows I'm still me.' 'How very touching. And risky.' 'That's enough! Nothing's going to happen to her. Not while I'm here.'

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Dark Nemesis said:
Once again, the nurse regarded Cloud for a long moment, before shaking her head. “Sorry, but I cannot let you do anything without the family’s permission. I’ll talk with the doctor and get back to you. What was your name?”

"Watching Cloud Rice," she says matter of factly. "Please let me know as soon as possible what the family says. I'd be happy to speak with them first if they have any reservations about my intentions."

Cloud gives one last lingering look at the girl in the bed...and at her spirit form standing beside it. She then hurries back to the others and follows Ms. Cross to the computer lab.

Calinon

First Post
Hoshiko sighs when Mr. Jordan approaches.

"There is no hurry," she says, turning around. "I am not able to understand why there is talk of aliens, and why Miss Vale is not required to wear clothing and why that young man was so angry and how our privacy can be guaranteed amongst such, such... such chaos!"

With another sigh, she says, "I have come to get an education, so I can be a doctor. I know how to use my powers, but I am not comfortable using my powers publicly; her clothing rivals Miss Vale's! And you have seen the young men react to her! I had thought you wished to study her... me... all of the metahumans you invited, but then there is talk of training and I do not know what we are training for. Maybe an alien invasion," she says with a shake of her head. "That would certainly fit in.

"This has all be very much to be confronted with."

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Jonn Birkey (Rumble)

Jonn looked back and forth between Marcus and Jake. There was definitely some tension between them. While looking around, Jonn noticed the tour was moving. "Well good meeting ya Jake. Marcus, looks like we need to get moving. C'mon before we get lost." Jonn through in the last part with a small, guilty smile.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Marcus Stevens (Proton) HPs: 5/5, Unhurt

Marcus turned his attention back to the tour, not wanting to take things any farther with Jake than he needed. He looked around for someone to hang with on the tour, and waited for Jonn to catch up.

Jonn said:
"Well good meeting ya Jake. Marcus, looks like we need to get moving. C'mon before we get lost."
"Nah, we won't get lost . . . ," Marcus added reassuringly. " . . . but if we did it might be better than this tour. Computer labs should be cool, though. Wonder if we can play DOOM on them, or Halo?"

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Hoshiko

Hoshiko said:
"This has all be very much to be confronted with."

Wes nodded slightly as he listened to what Hoshiko had to say. “Ms. Mai, I know that this is a lot to take in such a short period of time. We did not invite you and the others here to be guinea pigs in mutant experiments. We invited you here to teach you and the others how to develop your powers, and how to cope with them. We are not training you for anything specific.” He paused then, and glanced down the hallways as the others began to emerge from the medical lab. “What will you do, then?”

All

The computer lab was located on the opposite side of the building. It was a large room, where fifty computers had been set up within the room for student use. After the brief look at the computer lab, they went down to the first floor. There, they were shown the administration office, and the offices of the dean and the assistant deans. They were also shown the recreation room, decorated with a number of comfortable-looking chairs and couches, a fire place, a television and a couple pool tables.

With the tour of the first and second floors complete, Ms. Cross now lead the group past the cafeteria, and down a flight of stairs. At the bottom of the stairs was a small room with plain white walls, and a tile floor. One wall was dominated by a white metal door, roughly seven feet tall and three feet wide, though there was no door knob. Beside the recess, a small red light glowed on the wall.

“This is the entrance to our more advanced training facilities,” Ms. Cross explained as the group crowded into the room. “Security beyond this point is quite strict, and you will be required to wear the rings that you were given at all times while in this area. If you do not, the security system will not recognize you, and it will react to you in a manner that is most… unpleasant.” She smiled grimly at this, before holding her ring up to the red light. It blinked once, before turning green, and the door slid open.

James

Rose sat very still throughout James’ tirade, with her head lowered and her hands resting on her knees. She listens to him intently, not trying to speak until he said all he had wanted to say. She seems patient through most of his speech, though when he moves to strike the tree, she looks up sharply, breathing a soft sigh when he avoids hitting it. “I understand what it is like to be angry and frightened, James. And no, you have not outstayed your welcome. But if you insist upon leaving, I hope that you will come back to visit me.”

A young man dressed in a pair of black slacks and a green shirt met him at the entrance of the garden. He regarded James with a measure of interest through a pair of grey eyes. “Are you James? Wes sent me to make sure you get caught up with the rest of the group.”

Rybaer

First Post
Dark Nemesis said:
“This is the entrance to our more advanced training facilities,” Ms. Cross explained as the group crowded into the room. “Security beyond this point is quite strict, and you will be required to wear the rings that you were given at all times while in this area. If you do not, the security system will not recognize you, and it will react to you in a manner that is most… unpleasant.” She smiled grimly at this, before holding her ring up to the red light. It blinked once, before turning green, and the door slid open.

After Ms. Cross' comments regarding security around the advanced training facilities, Cloud leans her head close to Hoshiko's.

"I think this is where I start to get a little nervous," she says in a low voice. She gives Hoshiko a quick smile and friendly pat on the back, then follows through the door.

Amulet

First Post
Dark Nemesis said:
“Security beyond this point is quite strict, and you will be required to wear the rings that you were given at all times while in this area. If you do not, the security system will not recognize you, and it will react to you in a manner that is most… unpleasant.” She smiled grimly at this, before holding her ring up to the red light. It blinked once, before turning green, and the door slid open.

Rinea checks to be sure she has her ring, then says with a smile, "Unpleasant? You mean like James?"

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Jonn Birkey (Rumble)

Jonn followed along on the tour and tried to pay attention. Most of it though, really didn't interest him much. That changed when they got the large metal door with the red light on. He listened to Ms. Cross explain about security and their rings. He subconsciously reached over to make sure his was still on.

I wonder what kind of training facilities they could have that require such tight security?

Remove ads