Metahuman College-Issue one: College bound [IC]

Rybaer

First Post
Dark Nemesis said:
Cloud also noticed that there was another girl present, standing near the bed. The girl looked identical to the one in the bed, right down to matching hospital gowns. The only difference was that Cloud could see right through the girl who was standing up.

Siren saw Cloud trying to get her attention, and moved to speak with her. She raised her eyebrows at Cloud’s question, and glanced at the girl in the bed. “I don’t know. I hadn’t heard of any students getting hurt.”

Cloud only half listened to Siren's reply. She felt an overwhelming compulsion to try to help this girl. Something told her that she was not out of her body intentionally. It was entirely possible that conventional medicine wouldn't be able to understand or even recognize the girl's condition.

"Excuse me," Cloud says quietly to Siren. "I...I think I might be able to help..."

Cloud returns to the girl's bedside, looking the spirit in the eyes. She tries to connect to the girl telepathically. "Hi there. Can you hear me? My name is Cloud."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Marcus Stevens (Proton) HPs: 5/5

Jake said:
“Don’t ya remember man? Jake Andrews, State University wrestling team! You’re lookin’ great, man. Good ta see you’re not glowing green!” Jake grinned and clapped Marcus on the shoulder again.

"Heh, heh, yeah," Marcus replied, punching him with no strength on the shoulder. "What 're you doing here, man?"

The corners of Marcus's eyes tightened ever so slightly, but the smile stayed on his face. He knew that Jake was referring to the initiation . . . Marcus was trying to remember just how Jake was involved though.

Calinon

First Post
"That's kind of an impressive piece of equipment to have at a school, isn't it? And expensive! How many patients had to visit the infirmary last and this year?" Hoshiko asks, still poking about the equipment with extreme interest.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Cloud said:
Cloud returns to the girl's bedside, looking the spirit in the eyes. She tries to connect to the girl telepathically. "Hi there. Can you hear me? My name is Cloud."

The girl did not look up as Cloud approached the chair. She looked up at Cloud with wide eyes, fearful as she tried to communicate telepathically. When Cloud finished speaking, the girl burst into tears. “Stay away! Tell him to leave me alone…”

It was then that a nurse approached Cloud. “Hon, you’re not allowed over here. Leave that poor girl alone.” Without waiting for Cloud’s reply, she began to draw the curtain around the bed.

Marcus said:
"Heh, heh, yeah," Marcus replied, punching him with no strength on the shoulder. "What 're you doing here, man?"

“Scholarship,” Jake replied simply, offering a wide grin. “You too?”

Sorting through unpleasant memories, Marcus was soon able to come up with an answer. Jake had been a sophomore, one of the ones who ‘encouraged’ the younger members of the team to participate in the hazing. Most of the time, he seemed like a nice enough guy, but Marcus had noticed that he had a mean streak. However, Marcus was unsure if Jake had participated in planning the hazing activities.

Hoshiko said:
"That's kind of an impressive piece of equipment to have at a school, isn't it? And expensive! How many patients had to visit the infirmary last and this year?" Hoshiko asks, still poking about the equipment with extreme interest.

Dr. Garcia paused, thinking. “It is difficult to say exactly how many,” he replied at last. “As far as the cost of equipment is concerned, we have a number of ways of obtaining inexpensive equipment. For example,” he moved over to a nearby table and picked up a device, handing it to Hoshiko. “This was the result of a join effort between Dr. Richards and myself. It is a scanner that compares the known physiology of a number of alien races with that of a patient. It helps us to discover injury in patients whose anatomy is alien to that of human anatomy.”

Amulet

First Post
At the mention of aliens, Rinea’s attention is attracted. “I find aliens to be fascinating. Dr. Garcia, which alien species have you catalogued? Other than humans, of course.”

Rybaer

First Post
Dark Nemesis said:
The girl did not look up as Cloud approached the chair. She looked up at Cloud with wide eyes, fearful as she tried to communicate telepathically. When Cloud finished speaking, the girl burst into tears. “Stay away! Tell him to leave me alone…”

Cloud realizes that something quite traumatic must have happened to this girl. She doesn't see any other spirit presence, but that doesn't mean that something or someone doesn't return to harass her. "I'll see what I can do to help," Cloud says telepathically and then breaks contact.

Dark Nemesis said:
It was then that a nurse approached Cloud. “Hon, you’re not allowed over here. Leave that poor girl alone.” Without waiting for Cloud’s reply, she began to draw the curtain around the bed.

"Sorry ma'am," Cloud says quietly. "Did you know that this girl's spirit is separated from her body?"

Calinon

First Post
Hoshiko gets a strange look on her face, then her eye twitches when Rinea pipes up about aliens. "You mean meta-humans, right?" she asks haltingly of Dr. Garcia. "Whose anatomies have changed?"

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Jonn Birkey (Rumble)

Jonn watched the conversation between Marcus and the other guy take place. It seemed they knew each other but Marcus didn't seem overly happy to see him. He made his way over to the two and greeted the new guy.

"Hey, how ya doing. What's going on Marcus, buddy of yours?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Marcus Stevens (Proton) HPs: 5/5, Unhurt

Jake said:
“Scholarship,” Jake replied simply, offering a wide grin. “You too?”
"Yeah, me too," Marcus replied. 'So, how to punch a hole in someone's chest and not have anyone notice . . . probably not a good idea in a med lab . . . '

Jonn said:
"Hey, how ya doing. What's going on Marcus, buddy of yours?"
"Yeah, sort of from back home . . . we're teammates on the U. of Pitts Wrestling team, or were for a while. Jake . . . Jonn . . . Jonn . . . Jake," Marcus said, trying to get back to happy and unconcerned rather than the other emotions running through him.

Synchronicity

First Post
James Dunbar, HP 5/5

Dark Nemesis said:
Rose set herself to the task of patting down the soil around the azalea. “Part of a family group? No, that is just for the students.” Finally, she lifted her green eyes to regard James quietly. “How about you? What do you think of your family group?”

James sighed at the question. He poked at the ground, not meeting Rose's eyes. "I don't have great luck with families." He smiled a self-mocking smirk as he spoke, before something else Rose'd said filtered into his mind. "Just for..so you're not a student. You're a teacher here?"

Last edited:

Remove ads