Metahuman College, Issue Two: Paths Converge

Rybaer

First Post
Cloud gets that nervous twinge in the bottom of her stomach again when the girl mentions her father's disapproval of Cloud's actions in the Dreamwalk. That there is some power out there in the spirit world unhappy with her, something that she doesn't understand well yet, is a little unsettling.

As always, though, Cloud falls back on her gut instincts. James' sister needs to be helped, and she knows of no one else who might be able to help.

"Well, thanks for your vote of confidence," Cloud says quietly. "I hope your dad doesn't get too mad at me. I'm just trying to help someone in need. I'm not looking to start any more trouble."

Drex

First Post
"Of course, Herr Bell. Mine apologies. Please, lead ze vay." Viktor says, gesturing down the hall. Viktor studies Christopher Bell's manerisms and gestures in an attempt to gage his current attitude toward him.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Marcus

Marcus succeeded in gaining Jason’s attention, as the hulking beast turned his red-gold eyes upon him. His opponent gave a roar of rage and surged forward, claws outstretched to rend Marcus limb from limb. However, Marcus was able to go intangible just in time, and Jason’s hands passed through him harmlessly.

Rinea

The aliens shuffled about a bit more, before moving to face her when she spoke to them. They both stared at her with dull, black eyes for a long moment, before beginning to move once more. One of the zombies began to shuffle forward, while the others’ eyes took on a blood red hue. A ray of red energy issued forth from the black orbs, and flew toward Rinea. However at the last second a green field of energy appeared around her, shielding her from the harmful energy.

Calinon

First Post
"Let us find a place to unroll the blueprints and see about your secret passages," Hoshiko says. "I am surprised these designs are stored in such a cluttered area. Were not there renovations to the school and dorms recently?"

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Jonn Birkey (Rumble)

Jonn tried to grab Nate before he fell. Instead he ended up helping Nate back up. "All right, man. We gotta get you out of here. I think you lost a little too much blood. Not to mention that hit you took was brutal."

Jonn concentrated. He was using his power to form a large rock out of the cropping he and Nate were on. Once he had separated that, he would use it to fly them back to the nearest aid station or hospital. He had done similar things before but, things were slightly more intense with his friend's safety at risk.

"Just sit still Nate. We'll be back in town in no time."

Amulet

First Post
Rinea was disturbed by apparent zombification of the Affinity soldiers, and annoyed by the apparent attempt at an attack. Determined to defend herself, she floats down to the one that had shot at her and tries to punch it.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Marcus Stevens (Proton) HPs: 5/5

Marcus watched as the creature that was Jason just a moment ago attempted to take a swipe at him. "What a loser . . . ," Marcus called out at the creature's ineffectual attack. "Listen! Jas-oni! Just calm down and take your loss like a professional. Turn back into a guy right now before I . . . have to call the authorities on your butt. I'm guessing there's more than a few 'roids coursing through those veins!"

OOC: Marcus looked to dodge the next attack, staying intangible.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Cloud

Amelia and James were still talking quietly, oblivious to the fact that Cloud was engaging in a conversation with someone else. Meanwhile, the girl shrugged her shoulders, her eyes never leaving the siblings. “I dunno if he can get any more mad. Last time he got this mad, he created a huge windstorm. You should have seen it, Cloud! Huts and buffalo flying through the air! It was really funny!” She giggled at the thought, before looking back to Cloud. “But you’re doing what you think is right, and that’s what’s important. Just remember that, no matter what happens!”

Viktor

Mr. Bell nodded his head, and led Viktor back into the administration office. They went back behind the counter, and down a hallway lined with doors. Mr. Bell paused at the one which bore his name on a silver nameplate and opened the door, gesturing for Viktor to go inside.

Mr. Bell’s had a large office which was furnished tastefully. The walls were lined with wooden bookshelves, and a wooden desk stood across from the door. There were no papers on the desktop, only a computer. “Please, have a seat, Mr. Schmidt. I realize that you are in some hurry, so I shall make this as quick as possible,” Mr Bell said, gesturing toward one of the two chairs that stood in front of the desk. As Viktor seated himself, he moved to a filing cabinent in the corner and opened the top drawer. He retrieved three manila folders, before moving to sit at the desk.

As Viktor watches Mr. Bell’s movements and mannerisms, he does not find anything to indicate that Mr. bell bore any ill will toward him. He seemed friendly, in a business-like sort of way. “I just need you to sign these forms,” Mr. Bell explained. “They’re just the standard forms we have all of our students sign. Nondisclosure agreements, confidentiality agreements, and a few other necessary legal documents. Once the paperwork is done, we shall see about getting you into a family group.”

Hoshiko

“Great!” Alexandra said, snatching the blueprints out of Hoshiko’s hands. “Let’s take a look!” Without waiting for Julie and Hoshiko, she hurried back to the main room.

“She seems to be in quite a hurry,” the librarian said dreamily, watching Alexandra’s retreating form. She glanced back at Hoshiko when she comments on the cluttered area. “Of course there were, child. Some of the renovations are still going on, but the library is finished. Two more levels for book storage, is that not wonderful?” With that, she turned and followed Alexandra.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
In the training rooms...

Jonn

“Whoa, man. That’s so cool,” Nate said, watching the rock form around them. He tried to remain upright, though his eyes had a glassy look to them.

Rain continued to pelt down upon them, with water rushing down the slope, making the footing even worse. Even though Jonn was standing still, his feet nearly slipped out from under him twice. Finally, he managed to separate the rock, and began to guide it down the slope.

Rinea

Rinea managed to float downward with little trouble, before swinging her fist at the alien that had attacked her. Her hand connected so solidly that it hurt her knuckles, and the Affinity soldier stumbled back with a grunt of pain. Meanwhile, the other alien moved close enough to attack. Metallic claws sprouted from the creatures hands, and it attacked her with them. It missed with one hand, but the other opened a painful gash on her left side.

Meanwhile, the space hamster flew overhead. It gave a defiant squeak as a small missile shot from one of its shoulder pads, striking in the chest the alian that had just attacked Rinea.

Marcus

Jason growled, glared at Marcus, and stomped his foot once. He flexed his hands once, clearly considering a course of action other than trying to swing at a guy he couldn’t hit. Behind him, Marcus could see the referee trying to sneak up on the monster, with a folded up chair in his hands. He tried to swing the chair at Jason, but the monster turned quickly, catching the chair in his hands and twisting it out of the ref’s reach.

Drex

First Post
Since he already has a family, Viktor uses his knowledge of culture (+30) and current events (+30) along with the information he gained from his hack of the school's computer database, to grasp what the term 'family group' refers to. He tries to puzzle this out while he speed reads all of the documents. While reading the 'non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, Viktor tries to understand why a simple college would require such legal documents to be signed by its students. If he is unable to figure this out himself, he will raise an eyebrow and have a puzzled look on his face and say "Family group? Non-disclosure agreement? Confidentiality agreement? Ziz iz very unusual."

Remove ads