Metallica Cancelled (Poll)

What is your opinion of Metallica's actions?

• Metallica did nothing wrong.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Metallica should be cancelled for this.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was stupid for James & Lars to do this, but it doesn't really matter.

Votes: 6 85.7%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding some controversial things Metallica did a few decades ago that have been pushed forward on TikTok, particularly of James and Lars doing the Hitler salute.
NS_Feb_2016_4.png

Very sad people have nothing better to do than trawl through people's really old history to find something they can use against them.
Pathetic.
Exactly. If I had somebody pinpointing a couple points in my life and generalizing my entire character based on those points, they would have an inaccurate idea of who I am. The good they've done far outweighs the bad.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
No, never "cancel" anybody. Society needs both role models and object lessons to learn from. And people who just do something dumb as a one-off and decide on their own to cut it out, with no public humiliation ritual involved.

I remember when Metallica sued Napster over royalties, and both sides were right.

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
I selected "it was stupid...," but I have some ambivalence about that answer. It seems insufficient somehow, almost as if we're saying, "welp, boys will be boys." And I don't know. Like, I was a young man once, and while I've definitely done and said things that I wish I hadn't, I never felt the need to break out a Nazi salute, even ironically. I don't have a good answer here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads