• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Microlite20 : the smallest thing in gaming

Pilsnerquest

First Post
Both (Kensanata and Darrell's) maps are nice. I just need some sand, not alot just a little, anywhere, the marauding desert nomads need the sand.

Pilsnerquest

Ry

Explorer
Alright, I'm going to bed too, but here's the newest pdf of Rank20. This is the Creative Commons version, so it uses the terminology that evolved in my homebrew (i.e. Agility instead of Dexterity). I will put another document on how easy it is to use d20 with Rank20 sometime later, probably this weekend or Monday. For now, I'm versioning by date.

Feel free to host this somewhere (of course, since it's Creative Commons I can't stop you even if I wanted to!)

Good night
- ry

(attachment removed, see updated version in next post)

Last edited:

Ry

Explorer
Cleaned up slightly this morning, included all the optional rules that I've put into this thread so far.

The file looks like it's 11 pages, but it's written for everybody. I think experienced gamers could get it down to a page, but I'm just not that good at writing that way (I leave things out).

Please take a look and enjoy - I won't be putting together another version this week - I'd like to collect feedback etc. first.

Attachments

• Rank20 2007-01-13.pdf
    103.4 KB · Views: 160

kensanata

Explorer
Not sure why, but on my OSX 10.3.9 the PDF is corrupt. The number of pages is there, the logo is there, but the characters themselves are either garbage or empty boxes...

greywulf

First Post
kensanata said:
Not sure why, but on my OSX 10.3.9 the PDF is corrupt. The number of pages is there, the logo is there, but the characters themselves are either garbage or empty boxes...

Ry, it sounds like you need to embed the fonts in the pdf. That'll bump up the size, but will look fine to everyone.

Looks good to me (both layout-wise and content-wise) on my Linux system :)

Ry

Explorer
The font I've used is verdana, and I'm using PDFCreator which embeds fonts by default...

I'd love some criticism, suggestions for more, etc. for Rank20. I think as-is it's like a substructure you could put most of the Macropedia onto with little effort.

greywulf

First Post
rycanada said:
The font I've used is verdana, and I'm using PDFCreator which embeds fonts by default...

Odd, in that case. Kensanata's Mac should be able to handle that just fine, even without the embedding. Ah well.

I'll pass Rank20 onto a few of my group and ask them to playtest it. Feeback will be forthcoming.

And Pilsnerquest, if we have a coastline there's sand there. Would beach nomads work? They could build sand castles and talk in an Aussie accent :)

I'll put a map of a desert on the reverse side of the campaign map for you. Yep, the blank side.

Seriously, a desert is a good idea. I like deserts too. Especially ones containing psionic cannibal halflings. Consider it considered.

greywulf

First Post
rycanada said:
'wulf, can you host the Rank20 pdf as a link from that overview of systems page?

I will with pleasure - as soon as the admins fix the server AGAIN. It's down to zero diskspace again, most likely thanks to a runaway script on there. I've told them to delete my apache logfiles too as they're taking up 3Gb of space and go back to Feb2004. I suspect other users' logfiles are taking up the roughly the same space too. Sheesh!

When it's fixed, I'll upload the .pdf and .rtf and link into them, ok?

Thanks.

Remove ads