• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mid-level Xen'drik Expedition (Recruiting Closed)

gabrion

First Post
Avalon® said:
Gabrion, would you allow flaws and traits in this game?

Well I didn't put it in the OP so I'm hesitant to give it the go ahead now, but most of the time when I DM I do allow one flaw. I'll do so here as well. Folks who haven't used one don't worry too much about it, you can take the opportunity to pick one (and another feat) if you are chosen for the game.

Also Avalon just a heads up - I closed the thread to new submissions last night just after midnight. I plan to pick the party members some time today, so if you want to officially be in the running, post up a skeleton quick! (I do need to see basic stats, but don't neglect to flesh out a backstory explaining some of the character's motivations).

Avalon®

First Post
You already have me listed in the submitted entries.

By basic stats do you mean only stats, skills, feats, class abilities and general physical appearance?

gabrion

First Post
Avalon® said:
You already have me listed in the submitted entries.

By basic stats do you mean only stats, skills, feats, class abilities and general physical appearance?

Ya I have you listed because you already expressed interest and have been working on a build - I just closed the thread to new submissions.

Ya basic stats would pretty much be the stuff you listed, or as much of it as you can get done quickly. If you are playing a pure cleric I'm familiar enough that you don't have to break down everything. Probably ability score distribution and feat selection are the most important for me to see, and maybe add a section detailing what kind of cleric you plan to play (archer, heal-bot, melee, offensive caster, etc.).

Avalon®

First Post
Seems I needed to take the Education feat after all. Those Ur-priest prereq's are killer.

I'll have a short background up in a while.

gabrion

First Post
Avalon® said:
Seems I needed to take the Education feat after all. Those Ur-priest prereq's are killer.

I'll have a short background up in a while.

Don't know if you saw it before, but I'm ok with changing the UP skill requirement for Knowledge (the Planes) to 4 ranks. Unless I'm mistaken that's the only one you can't fulfill normally by entering as Pally/Hex. With a 14 Int my guess is you'll have enough skill points to buy it cross-class.

Also, sorry but I got mixed up before - I was thinking of EvolutionKB's character when I said I needed a skeleton (although having stats for yours is good too).

Avalon®

First Post
Even with 4 ranks I still had to take the feat since all my classes only provide 2+int mod skill points per level and my skill allocation without the feat made me lacking.

gabrion

First Post
Avalon® said:
Even with 4 ranks I still had to take the feat since all my classes only provide 2+int mod skill points per level and my skill allocation without the feat made me lacking.

You could be right...but I thought I counted up the requirments as costing you 34 ranks altogether and a Human with 14 int should have a total of 40 skill points by level 5. I may have made a mistake though.

Maybe I'm assuming you started as Hexblade and then went all devotional to become a pally before falling to be an UP, while you're building as Paladin->Hex->UP (which would be more expensive skill wise I think).

Avalon®

First Post
As of now, he's a ex-paladin 2/ hexblade 3/ Bone Knight 1/ Ur-priest 2 in that order just so I can meet the requirements since it would be impossible to do it otherwise without significant cross-classing which I cannot afford.

Mellubb

First Post
I just wanted to say good luck to all!
I think regardless of who gets picked this will make for an interesting group!
And even if I am not selected I will definitely keep an eye on this game.

Remove ads