• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Miniature Handbook release date

Christian

Explorer
Kobold Avenger said:
Most spells were standard actions last time I checked, you could take a 30 foot step if it doesn't provoke an AOA or takes you outside of the spells range.

Yes, but if you move after starting the round in a threatened square, you need to take the withdraw action (3.5) or no other action than moving (3.0), or else suffer an AoO for moving out of the square. Either precludes casting a spell ...

Danzauker

Adventurer
Kobold Avenger said:
Most spells were standard actions last time I checked, you could take a 30 foot step if it doesn't provoke an AOA or takes you outside of the spells range.

Casting a spell is an action that causes an AoO.

It doesn't matter whether you move before or after the actual "release" of the spell, it still does provoke an AoO.

The only way to cast without incurring in an AoO when starting in a threathened square is moving a 5 ft step which takes you out of the threathened area and then cast.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Danzauker said:
Casting a spell is an action that causes an AoO.

It doesn't matter whether you move before or after the actual "release" of the spell, it still does provoke an AoO.

The only way to cast without incurring in an AoO when starting in a threathened square is moving a 5 ft step which takes you out of the threathened area and then cast.

Other ways to cast without incurring an AoO is to cast on the defensive, or use a quickened spell.

Crypt King

First Post
Kesh said:
So, are the rules for converting Chainmail figure stats to the new minis rules in the book? I'm really curious about that one...

Use these sheets Click Here to get their stats then use the book to convert them from there, and remember that there are some changes to them for 3.5, like the Hammerer and Pulverizer have 20 more hit points.

Kesh

First Post
Crypt King said:
Use these sheets Click Here to get their stats then use the book to convert them from there, and remember that there are some changes to them for 3.5, like the Hammerer and Pulverizer have 20 more hit points.

That's it? No official direct-conversion in the book? *grump*

Crypt King

First Post
Kesh said:
That's it? No official direct-conversion in the book? *grump*

Nope, but it shouldn't be hard and I plan to do the conversion myself starting Monday, including the special pack models the two dragons and the hill giant. I'll gladly post them.

Remove ads