[MM2e] Salton City Needs Heroes! - OOC [CLOSED]

jkason

First Post
Apologies if I'm butting it, but I just encountered the M&M rules, was looking for games, and chanced upon this thread, where I noticed your 'cast' is a little small? It looks like fun. Wondered if there might be an opening?

jason

jkason

First Post
Awesome! I'll throw a concept out here and start working on stats. Do you want the audition tape / questionaire as well?

Maxwell Freedman

Powers:Max has the ability to contract or expand the space between the molecules of his body, changing his size. When he shrinks down, his increased density toughens him up, and the energy of his constrained molecules super-charges him. Aside from the high of it, he's also learned to harness that energy to propel himself with great force. When mini-maxed, he has a tendency to careen through the scene as a frenetic 'human pinball.'

He can also expand his structure, growing significantly, but 'pushing out' on his molecules has the opposite effect, requiring far more effort to maintain and tiring Max out.

Background: When Maxwell Freedman tried a rare hallucinagen from the Amazon, he swore he could 'reach out and tug the strings of fate.' Whether or not that's what started it, all we know is that Max was subsequently kidnapped to be human sacrifice for a demon-worshipping cult. Then, when the experimental AI of a government satellite chose to sacrifice itself by intercepting a radiocative meteorite, the flaming remnants crash-landed in the crop-circle where the cult had gathered. So, instead of being the human sacrifice, Max was its sole survivor. Oh, and he got super-powers.

Who knew a summer backpacking in Europe could be so eventful?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Awesome! I'll throw a concept out here and start working on stats. Do you want the audition tape / questionaire as well?

Maxwell Freedman

Powers:Max has the ability to contract or expand the space between the molecules of his body, changing his size. When he shrinks down, his increased density toughens him up, and the energy of his constrained molecules super-charges him. Aside from the high of it, he's also learned to harness that energy to propel himself with great force. When mini-maxed, he has a tendency to careen through the scene as a frenetic 'human pinball.'

He can also expand his structure, growing significantly, but 'pushing out' on his molecules has the opposite effect, requiring far more effort to maintain and tiring Max out.

Background: When Maxwell Freedman tried a rare hallucinagen from the Amazon, he swore he could 'reach out and tug the strings of fate.' Whether or not that's what started it, all we know is that Max was subsequently kidnapped to be human sacrifice for a demon-worshipping cult. Then, when the experimental AI of a government satellite chose to sacrifice itself by intercepting a radiocative meteorite, the flaming remnants crash-landed in the crop-circle where the cult had gathered. So, instead of being the human sacrifice, Max was its sole survivor. Oh, and he got super-powers.

Who knew a summer backpacking in Europe could be so eventful?

Hmmm.... Strings of Fate.... and backpacking... the ability to become a "pin ball" or a balloon.. It looks like someone if going to find himself getting caught up in an unlikely string of events that will change his life forever (again). :D

As for the audition tape. Sure, fill it out. Even though Max will not ultimately be selected, fate will conspire to get him into the Salton Stars and involved in the current plot. Strangely enough, he did manage to stumble across the auditions several weeks back so his tape will be on record.

jkason

First Post
Maxwell Freedman, unaired audition interview. Open auditions at Mall of the Millenium

Max walks past the camera. The sound of muffled talking. He wanders back to the camera, points to the chair placed there for auditioners.

Oh! This chair! See, there were other chairs over there, so I just thought, it can't be this one that's so close and ... oh, yeah, there is a big camera in front of it. Heh. Should have noticed that, huh?

blushes, then composes self.

Okay. Hit me.

1. Ooh, my energy! Not just that crazy hyper-charge I get when I shrink, but really, I'm just always on the go. How can I not change the world with that much pep, right?

2. Sometimes I have nightmares that I can't un-shrink. Or ... these are private, right? I ... well, one time the nightmare was that only a ... certain part of me was stuck mini-sized. Man, I can't believe I told you guys that! Cameras in the face are like truth serum or something.

3. Well, since I don't know how a guy lives without a planet, I guess you gotta go with 'save the world,' right?

4. I can't shrink other folks. I kinda think being that small really changes your perspective. Maybe if I could do that, folks would figure out how small we all are, really. Woah, that was way too hippie-talk. I swear I only had that one trip...

5. Two words: hyper. active. Man, my folks had a handful with me. Always running around, getting myself scraped up. I don't think I got far enough past 'ooh, shiny!' most of the time to really think about being a hero. Well, except that one time I tried to fly off the roof. The three broken bones cured me of that one.

6. Hey, if the people at home don't have HD, I might not appear on TV! Oh, man, that was a good one... 'cause I shrink, and you'd have to have HD to see me when I'm small ... okay, maybe it's only funny to me.

7. Aw, there's always hope for the world. The future? Man, I haven't thought about it much. Guess I'm still a little like that kid my parents barely got out of the house alive. Flying cars! Yes. Flying cars in the future. And hover rocking chairs for old folks like me.

8. This season I'm hoping for a really rocking secret HQ. And road trips! Love the road trips. No forced day jobs though; that was such a snore season ... I mean, that was less interesting than the other super compelling seasons. So, it was only normally compelling ... crud

9. I'd say I'd hate for the cops to have to tussle with indestructible flying guys who can throw cars. Yoinks. If there weren't anarchs, I'd be all for archons living normal lives. But that's not how it is, you know?

10. Ooh, you missed giving the 'no wishing for more wishes' clause. Totally wishing for more wishes, 'cause then I wouldn't go into meltdown trying to pick one thing.

11. Speedy Gonzales. Only guy I know who has more energy than me. Plus, he's tiny, too!

jkason

First Post
I don't have Ultimate Power, but I understand that has a Bouncing power? I'm wondering if anyone would be able to tell me what that does / costs, since it sounds like what I'd like to do for Max's 'pinballing.'

Right now I'm trying to make it by giving Leaping a couple Ricochet power feats (which isn't really what it's designed for, but descriptively matches, at least) and adding a Blast power with ricochet and split attack (meant to simulate his bouncing around hitting folks, then landing back where he started). I think those will probably work, but if there's a single power that does those things and thus simplifies the build, I'm all for it.

Secondarily, is there perhaps a 'glide' power? In his 'ballooned up' giant form, I figure Max has the increased surface area (without increased weight) to be able to catch some wind if he wanted. Air walking seems a bit too controlled, and Slow Fall doesn't seem to have any kind of mechanic for directing the fall.

Thanks in advance,

jason

Shayuri

First Post
I promise I'm not stalking you. You just pick all the fun games! :)

Heee. I just pick all the games, period. :)

On the other topics:

1) Gliding is a flaw of Flight. Take Flight normally, then apply a -1pp/rank flaw: Gliding. It means you can't gain altitude under your own power. You can catch thermals for lift, jump, get towed, etc...

2) Bouncing...lets see...

It costs 2pp/rank, and is used as a Reaction (passive). It combines certain aspects of Leaping with Protection.

Falling or Knockback damage bonuses up to twice your Bouncing rank have no effect on you (you autosave versus it), and bonuses higher than 2x your rank are reduced by 2x your rank before you have to save versus it. Plus, you can rebound in the opposite direction as the impact after a fall or knock back as a reaction, up to the distance you originally fell, or were knocked back by. If you halve the height of the bounce, you can double the horizontal distance. Bouncing takes 1 full round during which you are moving but can otherwise act normally. But if you're in mid-bounce, you can't change your speed or direction of travel until you hit something.

Move by Action lets you take a standard in mid-bounce. Ricochet DOES work with Bounce, letting you change direction freely after every bounce, which may let you make a surprise attack if you come at someone from behind. There's also a power feat called Pinball, that lets you hit multiple opponents in a single "action" as long as they're all in a confined area that you can bounce very rapidly around inside.

For +1pp/rank you can get Bounce-Back Attack, where you make a slam attack as a reaction if you bounce back far enough to hit someone. You can also Get Impact-Resistant, where your Bouncing rank works against any physical impact, including Bludgeoning damage (though not slicing or piercing I imagine), reducing such damage by your Bouncing rank (not 2x your rank).

Last edited:

Remove ads