• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ms Marvel (spoilers)

Richards

Legend
I wouldn't have expected anything different, considering the MCU version of Ms. Marvel doesn't have the ability to alter her form in any way, merely project crystalline hard-light shapes. Having her turn into Carol Danvers would be showing a power we've never seen her having, and one that doesn't seem to fit nicely into what we've seen she can do.

Johnathan

Thomas Shey

Legend
You mean the supervisory AI that Tony Stark directly compared to the mind stone, and said "now meet the upgrade" (or something to that effect). He literally quoted as saying the mind stone AI was superior to Jarvis.

So? You can be a superior fighter to me but if you start out in manacles and me with a truncheon, its still reasonable to expect I can keep the situation under control.

Thomas Shey

Legend
I believe the operative expression here is "hubris."

I don't deny that. What I've said is that Stark took some precautions. They weren't sufficient, and in retrospect everyone including him concludes he should have taken it slower.

But there's context here. Stark is not just going "Oh, I have this alien artifact and possible alien AI here, and I'll see where it goes." No, he's going "there's a train coming, and I don't think I have anything that can stop it." And he doesn't know how long before it gets there. And in regard to his sense he doesn't have the tools for the job, he's not wrong.

This is, of course, played out in the frame of Stark's arrogance, but when you pay attention to part of that and ignore the other half, you're not properly describing the situation.

Those weapons used by Damage Control made me think they were born out of the same line of weapons from Stark Industries that Ross used on the Hulk at Culver University.

Remove ads